Sponsored

two month old jeep......and got rear ended!!

azjluw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Just happy to hear no one was seriously injured. I'm in the camp that says don't go with an Attorney at the start. Your insurance (contrary to popular belief) is on your side. Start with your insurance, and then if you find it's not going to your satisfaction then contact an attorney if you want. Once you contact an attorney all communications from the at-fault person's insurance will stop dead in it's track. You will then have to communicate with their insurance's attorney through your attorney. Ultimately what you need is your medical bills paid (if any), and your Jeep repaired to your satisfaction. Through experience (old LEO) a lot of unnecessary noise in the process will slow it down to a crawl. I know the situation sux, but vehicles can be fixed. People not so much. Good luck.[/QUOTE
Sponsored

azjluw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
This is good advice. I was skeptical of how my situation would pan out but my insurance company and the claims department took care of things for me with an uninsured driver claim. I had very little experience with making a claim but I was taken care of. Not sure how this will affect me upon renewal but my insurance took care of the situation.