Sponsored

Problem with Mopar Soft Top (little flap won't stay shut). Anyone else?

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
I think that would be a pain to deal with when taking the window out. The Velcro would be catching the whole way.
That's how it was in the JK's. I'd rather put up with having to be more careful to repent it from catching when installing the windows to have the top look better by keeping it's shape.
Sponsored

Rauch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Rubicon JL softtop
Mine doesnt stay shut either and is getting worn through on the inside edge from where the tailgate closes near it. Fng garbage.
Same with mine. Won't stay in and already wearing through.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Same with mine. Won't stay in and already wearing through.
Same here...the other thing I’ve noticed is the back above the side windows is super saggy on the Twill style tops. The regular sail cloth ones seem to fit a bit better. The JL top is easier to take on and off vs my JK but.... IMHO the JK top looks like it fits a tad better/tighter than the JL does... Bestop still makes these not Jeep? I’m sure they will have updates ,and changes to the top as time goes on. The JK had several changes in its lifespan for the better. I keep the top down a lot in the warm months so this is a small annoyance to me.

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tacoma, soon to be jeep owner
2019 jlu sahara dual top option. March 2019 build 2000 miles so far .No problems at all with soft top.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently this is the new 2019 retainer system. I still have to make my call to Jeep wave to begin a case for this to force my local dealer to swap the 2018 back panel for the 2019 new one (pictured) which is a redesign.

255C3243-68AC-489F-957D-BA0D2B3C269C.jpeg
I have a 2018 July build and mine looks identical to that and I have no problems with them popping out.

Sponsored

Stry

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My passenger-side flap has popped out constantly since installing my premium soft top. I removed the tab from under the channel and placed it between the plastic tab in front of the channel and the channel itself. Obviously, the entire length of the tab is no longer secured. but the flap has not popped out once since this move.
IMG_0334 (002).jpg

OP
OP
Jeffrey67

Jeffrey67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 1968 Corvette 427, 1967 Corvette 327, 2 Harleys.
Occupation
Dentist
Can you explain more clearly how you did that? My dealer just gave be a new back window, and it's exactly the same as the first one. There was no improvement.

OP
OP
Jeffrey67

Jeffrey67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 1968 Corvette 427, 1967 Corvette 327, 2 Harleys.
Occupation
Dentist
My dealer got me a new back window and it's worse than the first one.

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Same issue here. I’m soft top only, so no chance of misinstall. July 2018 build.

Sponsored

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
My passenger-side flap has popped out constantly since installing my premium soft top. I removed the tab from under the channel and placed it between the plastic tab in front of the channel and the channel itself. Obviously, the entire length of the tab is no longer secured. but the flap has not popped out once since this move.
IMG_0334 (002).jpg
Instead of tucking the clip under the rolled metal edge, I did like you did and clipped it between the plastic and that little flap. They have not popped open since. Thanks for the suggestion.. Maybe that is where it is supposed to clip in the first place????

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Raising an old thread from the dead but just took mine in for the left rear flap issue. Took about a year before it started becoming a problem. The left side window has a bad sag in it near the top. As mentioned in some other threads, mine also has a small hole worn into the top by rubbing on the left tailgate bar clamp. Top seems to lock when initially lowered, but then starts bouncing around which I'm guessing rubs against the clamp, causing the wear. I ended up removing the two tailgate bar clamps when the top is down and using velcro straps to hold the top down. I'm expecting the worst from the dealer as any involved complaints are (not) solved with can not replicate issue. Has anyone had the wear on their top repaired or their top replaced for wear due to their crap ass design? ? At first I found the flap issue a minor annoyance, but combined with a hole in my top and the top not staying locked down seems like more than the usual it's a jeep thing.

PunknU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
The dealer actually ended up replacing my entire rear window due to the flaps constantly coming out. The replacement oddly enough had GREEN tabs and looks a bit longer.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
The dealer actually ended up replacing my entire rear window due to the flaps constantly coming out. The replacement oddly enough had GREEN tabs and looks a bit longer.
There was an earlier post on this thread with updated plastic clamps for the bottom window flaps. Did they change those too or did you already have the newer ones?

PunknU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
There was an earlier post on this thread with updated plastic clamps for the bottom window flaps. Did they change those too or did you already have the newer ones?
I had the older ones
Sponsored