Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Nice Rigs! Welcome to the club. It's cool to see these Punk'ns since I've only seen two here in L.A. in the last year. Here's mine:
20181028_175640_Burst01.jpg
Can you tell me what these wheels are? Great looking jeep!

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
First post on here as I too am joining the JL Punk'n crew. Currently have a 17 White rubicon that I leased. I was a leaser as I enjoyed different vehicles every 2 years or so and could never find something I actually liked till I got my current Rubicon. Doesnt make sense to buy it out given the residual and the length of time it would be to pay off so decided to swap in for a new Rubicon. Couldnt find any locally without leather as I have the top off most of sumer and prefer cloth to not burn my legs. SO I ordered one in. It is currently in final inspection stage as of a few days ago. Been 3 weeks now since I ordered so hopefully I have her soon. She has very option except the leather, bumpers, and safety options.

This one will not stay stock long. Looking at 35s now, bumpers, winch, tire carrier and more. ALso planning on hitting up local 4x4 park Rousch creek this summer with her to properly break in.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
First post on here as I too am joining the JL Punk'n crew. Currently have a 17 White rubicon that I leased. I was a leaser as I enjoyed different vehicles every 2 years or so and could never find something I actually liked till I got my current Rubicon. Doesnt make sense to buy it out given the residual and the length of time it would be to pay off so decided to swap in for a new Rubicon. Couldnt find any locally without leather as I have the top off most of sumer and prefer cloth to not burn my legs. SO I ordered one in. It is currently in final inspection stage as of a few days ago. Been 3 weeks now since I ordered so hopefully I have her soon. She has very option except the leather, bumpers, and safety options.

This one will not stay stock long. Looking at 35s now, bumpers, winch, tire carrier and more. ALso planning on hitting up local 4x4 park Rousch creek this summer with her to properly break in.
Excellent choice. :beer:

Lets see those pictures when she gets in. :camera:

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

zorro2032

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Punk'n Orange. Ford Flex,
A little Father’s Day work on Hobbes yesterday. Installed the Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum mid-with front bumper today. Excellent quality and very well packaged. Super light and easy to install. Also added a Smittybuilt winch and Baja Designs squadron sport fog lights and a-pillar lights as well as a Factor 55 ultra hook.

2DF7CB06-4325-4350-9CB2-424B05680E0D.jpeg

7463F60D-6213-4FFA-A47F-1FED66B8CBBF.jpeg

85B245E7-65F8-44BF-A4BA-D3EDF9E1DBEF.jpeg

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Satin Black Raceline Clutch, 17x8.5 +18, stock JLU Sport S, no lift.
Pathfinder ATs from DTD, awesome Tire for a damn good price, offbrand, but a sister company of Hankook. 285/70/17 were $148
Dead on the look I wanted, ZERO tread outside top of fender.
This should be stock, drives so nice now, very minimal weight difference from stock setup
Me and my kids went for a little trail ride I know of, goes around the lake, we did have to go home and get a chainsaw, as a tree fell since last time I was there, and was blocking the trail.
wheels2.jpg
wheels1.jpg
wheels3.jpg
wheels4.jpg

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
. ALso planning on hitting up local 4x4 park Rousch creek this summer with her to properly break in.
Welcome! RC is a blast. I haven't been there in several years but I'm hoping to go back next year.

Sponsored

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
Welcome! RC is a blast. I haven't been there in several years but I'm hoping to go back next year.
I like that they have "welcome to offroading" sessions for new guys like me. I've done the drag thing, road courses, and was even into the racing motorcycles for a bit. Looking forward to getting into the offroading bit. Couldn't with my JK as it was a lease. Looking forward to it. Now I just need the JL to get here!!!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I like that they have "welcome to offroading" sessions for new guys like me. I've done the drag thing, road courses, and was even into the racing motorcycles for a bit. Looking forward to getting into the offroading bit. Couldn't with my JK as it was a lease. Looking forward to it. Now I just need the JL to get here!!!
That's awesome! I didn't know they did that. Anytime you can get into an organized intro to offroading course with a legit organization or entity it's useful. I used to do 4x4 101's for my Jeep club and it was always my favorite part to see the people with brand new Jeeps who were surprised at what they could do completely stock.

Rausch is great because they have a lot of really nice trails, where stockers can run in a large group with Buggy guys. The way some of the trails are set up, the stockers could pull off to the side and go watch the guys who want to run the black/red comp trails. We did that with my Jeep club when we were down there and it was a lot of fun.

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
JLU is on the truck out to me. Likely not the best thread to ask but I am buying parts for the punk'n so might as well ask here.

I am looking at wheels/tires and being in PA we have some odd laws around fenders and exposed tires. With the JLU rubicon is there a gap from edge of tire to the edge of the fender? I am looking at raceline wheels that would push the tires out 1.5" so trying to determine how much I would actually extend the tire beyond the fender and if I am comfortable moving forward with that or risk getting pulled over.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
JLU is on the truck out to me. Likely not the best thread to ask but I am buying parts for the punk'n so might as well ask here.

I am looking at wheels/tires and being in PA we have some odd laws around fenders and exposed tires. With the JLU rubicon is there a gap from edge of tire to the edge of the fender? I am looking at raceline wheels that would push the tires out 1.5" so trying to determine how much I would actually extend the tire beyond the fender and if I am comfortable moving forward with that or risk getting pulled over.
No gap. Fenders are (mostly) Flush with the tires from the factory

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Satin Black Raceline Clutch, 17x8.5 +18, stock JLU Sport S, no lift.
Pathfinder ATs from DTD, awesome Tire for a damn good price, offbrand, but a sister company of Hankook. 285/70/17 were $148
Dead on the look I wanted, ZERO tread outside top of fender.
This should be stock, drives so nice now, very minimal weight difference from stock setup
Me and my kids went for a little trail ride I know of, goes around the lake, we did have to go home and get a chainsaw, as a tree fell since last time I was there, and was blocking the trail.
wheels2.jpg
wheels1.jpg
wheels3.jpg
wheels4.jpg
The Jeep is cool and all, but your kids are adorable! /momWhoMissesHerGirl :)
Sponsored