JL Audio Sub Added and... WOW!!!!!!

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
I have a 2019 Rubicon with the upgraded Alpine system. I have to say, the factory system already sounds better than pretty much any factory radio I've ever heard.

That being said though, I wanted a bit more punch in the lows, so I went in today and had a custom audio place install a JL Audio 10W6 subwoofer, along with a JL Audio 600/1 amp and bass knob (so I can control the bass on the fly from the driver seat.)

They installed everything to work with the factory radio and the rest of the speakers in the Jeep also stayed the same. e

Let me just say... HOLY CRAP THIS THING SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!

I put $6K worth of audio stuff in a JK I had a few years back and it sounded really good, and this JL is now not too far off from that. Not too far off at all. It sounds incredible! Turned the factory system into something I have no further desires to do anything else with now!

Just thought I'd share. It was definitely money well spent!
Sponsored

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
Did you replace the existing Alpine sub in the factory location or install an additional sub in a separate box? Where’d you mount the amp?

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
More information please on the setup please. I have the same system and the bass disappears when the volume goes up. I want to add or replace the factory subwoofer and power it with an amp and send it a signal that doesn’t reduce the bass as the volume goes up, like the factory systems do.

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
I would like to know too. Did you replace the Alpine or add? I couldn’t even get the sub out to put poly fill behind it. How much was the JL sub?
I bought a Gladiator with the upgraded system and it hits way harder than the JLU.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Rubicon with the upgraded Alpine system. I have to say, the factory system already sounds better than pretty much any factory radio I've ever heard.

That being said though, I wanted a bit more punch in the lows, so I went in today and had a custom audio place install a JL Audio 10W6 subwoofer, along with a JL Audio 600/1 amp and bass knob (so I can control the bass on the fly from the driver seat.)

They installed everything to work with the factory radio and the rest of the speakers in the Jeep also stayed the same. e

Let me just say... HOLY CRAP THIS THING SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!

I put $6K worth of audio stuff in a JK I had a few years back and it sounded really good, and this JL is now not too far off from that. Not too far off at all. It sounds incredible! Turned the factory system into something I have no further desires to do anything else with now!

Just thought I'd share. It was definitely money well spent!
Any pictures? More info as requested. Did you replace the alpine 10”?

Sponsored

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
I would like to know too. Did you replace the Alpine or add? I couldn’t even get the sub out to put poly fill behind it. How much was the JL sub?
I bought a Gladiator with the upgraded system and it hits way harder than the JLU.
On the 2 Door JL there are 8-10 silver screws surrounding the grill.Its a Torx screw but simply remove them and the sub lifts out easily.
I am waiting for his reply as well because even with adding the poly fill this system sucks.I want More!

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Did you replace the existing Alpine sub in the factory location or install an additional sub in a separate box? Where’d you mount the amp?
I put the amp in the rear lower compartment of the trunk area. I did not replace the factory sub at all. Just left it there. Otherwise I would have had to have new factory panels to cover that area of the trunk. It's a JL audio 10W6 in a really small sub enclosure that just sitting in the trunk. I got the Tuffy trunk enclosure, so it's secure in there and can't be stolen. It doesn't take up much room at all, and sounds great. I'll try to post some pictures later. Here is my Jeep! Almost done!

IMG_2585 copy.jpg

IMG_2584 copy.jpg

JLsport2019

I put the amp in the rear lower compartment of the trunk area. I did not replace the factory sub at all. Just left it there. Otherwise I would have had to have new factory panels to cover that area of the trunk. It's a JL audio 10W6 in a really small sub enclosure that just sitting in the trunk. I got the Tuffy trunk enclosure, so it's secure in there and can't be stolen. It doesn't take up much room at all, and sounds great. I'll try to post some pictures later. Here is my Jeep! Almost done!

IMG_2585 copy.jpg

IMG_2584 copy.jpg

Jeezus...
Your Red Keep looks great.
Tires? Lift? I wish mine came from tne factory looking like yours...WOW!!!!

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Jeezus...
Your Red Keep looks great.
Tires? Lift? I wish mine came from tne factory looking like yours...WOW!!!!
Thanks man. As soon as it’s done I’ll post the entire build and lots more pictures.

Sponsored

OP
OP

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Ya @shaunmac your jeep looks great. Please tell us a bit about it like tires, lift, fenders?

Update: I found your build thread. Nice.
Hauk Off-road bumpers and fenders.
Falcon 3.5” lift and shocks
40” Cooper STT Pro tires on 17” Dirty Life beadlocks.

Lots more stuff which I’ll show you guys later when the build is done. Shouldn’t be too much longer. I love it!!!