Sponsored

LoD: terrible customer service

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I purchased an LoD destroyer bumper, tire carrier, camera relocation kit, third brake light kit, etc. through @Northridge4x4. When I purchased it the tire carrier never made it to me. Northridge4x4 took care of it and I received one about a month later. I just got around to installing everything a couple of weeks ago since my first JL was bought back by FCA.

Everything went pretty well but I was missing the oil seal for the lower tire carrier bearing. I shot LoD and email since Northridge4x4 had done their job and it had been a while since purchase. After several days of no response I call in and talk to some guy. He tells me they need pictures of all the pieces and packing slips. I explain to him the bumper is completely installed less the oil seal and no parts are left and that I don't have a packing slip that shows the oil seal or bearing, but I did get the bearings. He tells me to send another email with my contact info. I send another email with a picture of the installed bumper and the oil seal part # I'm missing

A few more days and no reply or confirmation of anything. I call back and get the receptionist. She says I need to talk to Chris but he's not available. I leave my name and number, but no call back. I call back a couple of days later, and the same thing. I leave my name and number again. Again, no call back. I call again a couple days later and I get lucky and Chris answers the phone. I ask Chris if the oil seal had been sent out. He has no idea what I'm talking about. Starts with they need pictures of everything again. I explain to him that the bumper is already assembled and I already sent pictures of it, and that I don't have the packing slip he wants a picture of. I tell him the oil seal isn't shown on any of the packing slips I have and I just went though all the packing material and broke it down and didn't see anything. It's been a week and a half from my first email and I'm starting to get irritated. I ask him point blank if they are going to send me an oil seal and he says no, not without a picture of the packing slip showing no check mark next to the oil seal. So bottom line, LoD won't send out a $9 oil seal on an $1800.00 dollar purchase because they are somehow sure that I must have gotten it.

All I can say is I have rarely experienced such poor customer service. Never have I experienced anything like this with Jeep accessories. Although I'm pretty happy with the LoD product, it will be the last product I purchase from them. In contrast to this, I also installed my @Metalcloak rear diff skid. One of the bolts was 1/2" too long and I couldn't tighten the pinion clamp. I emailed them a picture of the long bolt and got a response from Eric (on the weekend no less) saying they would send out the correct bolt on Monday. @lodoffroad , that's how customer service should be.
Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Did you end up getting one? We ask all of our customers to reach out to us with any issues. If you still need this please give us a call or email [email protected] and we will help get this fixed.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Did you end up getting one? We ask all of our customers to reach out to us with any issues. If you still need this please give us a call or email [email protected] and we will help get this fixed.
Northridge4x4 has excellent customer service.

I’ll second MC. I bought a lift and wanted the manual disconnect sway bars but was sent the Rubi ones. I called after noon yesterday and received the correct ones today at noon. That’s less than 24 hrs from Cali to Texas. I wasn’t in any hurry but they went above and beyond.

Brett

OP
OP
vavaroutsos

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thanks for reaching out. I ordered one from the auto parts store as I couldn't be bothered wasting more time with LoD. They lost a customer over a $9 part.
Sponsored