FCA being sued for Death Wobble

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Nothing wrong with selling a vehicle with a solid front axle that may be susceptible to Death Wobble, IF you notify potential Buyers of same. Does FCA?
That info is plentiful. Not your basic family commuter car. Never has been. Why people are suddenly shocked by this says it all.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The NHSTA is already looking at the poor weld quality issue. It might help if a number of folks filed reports of problems with the steering. See https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Edit: As of now (June 12, 2019), only 38 people have filed a complaint on steering issues. My guess would be that the threshold for action is probably higher than that. See https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/JEEP/WRANGLER%2520UNLIMITED/SUV/4WD#complaints
Take a look at the 2018..... something like 530 steering complaints.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I love some of the comments on the report. It happened 8 times since buying in 2016 and now I don’t drive highways any longer..... if it’s happened 8 times in 2-3 years the. Why you still have the Jeep? Should have sold it back to the dealer lol. And it’s all because it’s solid axel..... hahahahahahhahahaha people are dumb
Lol I thought about that too. Probably because their shit is lifted with a bunch of mods and they don’t want to let it go at cost? FCA on a buy back I would assume would NOT “reimburse” for aftermarket mods? That’s the only thing I can think of as to why someone with such a serious constant problem would stick around..??

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder if that law firm would be interested in suing FCA for the buggy UConnect software/radios in our Jeeps, as well as in some of their other vehicles. There's still no fix for the audio sporadically cutting out, backup camera and lines disappearing and bunch of peeps losing or not ever receiving ORP.
Have you pushed all of your fuses and relays in tight? I was losing the lines on my back up camera, flakey radio symptoms, etc. until I found that about 50% of the fuses and relays were loose and hadn't been inserted all the way from the factory.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Have you pushed all of your fuses and relays in tight? I was losing the lines on my back up camera, flakey radio symptoms, etc. until I found that about 50% of the fuses and relays were loose and hadn't been inserted all the way from the factory.
My fuses looked ok. I guess I could go over them again just to double-check.

Sponsored

Robtdcarr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 2015 Ford Explorer. 2005 HD Softail Deuce. 2017 VW Passat.
Class action lawsuits do nothing but make a bunch of lawyers even richer.

Personally, never experienced this, but hope FCA fixes it for those impacted.
Sponsored