First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
I tried many times with different methods that I found online and it never worked for me either. I didn't bother trying with another opener. Same issue with the slow blinking never speeding up.

I just gave up and resorted to keeping the remote in the Jeep. It does bug me though. If you find a solution I'd love to hear it!
I set mine up today but had to look it up under the Apps. You will need to have a pretty new model Garage Door Opener with Wifi capability too.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I set mine up today but had to look it up under the Apps. You will need to have a pretty new model Garage Door Opener with Wifi capability too.
I don't know how new it has to be but mine is 10 years old and my house it was a brand new house 10 years ago and it worked fine we 1 QQ

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Works fine with my 20 year old Genie.

The garage opener is really strong, I can open the garage two house away... Moved the Home waypoint on the NAV to the church across from the community entrance.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Not accurate. Mine is a Craftsman and I bought it 15 years ago.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I found a video on my garage door opener manufacturer's website that really helped. I had to push a button on the door opener to put it into learn mode. Worked on the second try when I used a mix of jeep instructions and mfgr instructions.
I like the visor much better than the little dinky remotes that I got with the opener. The jeep visor remote will open the door from the street as I'm turning in to the driveway. And that gives me just enough time for the door to open completely so I can drive right in. Whereas the opener remotes wouldn't work until you got two feet from the door. So I always had to sit in the driveway waiting.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Can't seem to get mine to work for the world of me! Aggravating for sure. Have to carry a small remote on the dash or end up attaching it to my dash like I did to my Tundra. Wish I could find the right instructions to make it work.

julyp

First Name
July
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara High Altitude
Can't seem to get mine to work for the world of me! Aggravating for sure. Have to carry a small remote on the dash or end up attaching it to my dash like I did to my Tundra. Wish I could find the right instructions to make it work.
Follow Canadian/Gate Operator Programming at page 50 of owner's manual. You have to do a press and release cycle on your hand held transmitter until the homelink indicator light is solid or flashing rapidly.

telix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Been trying to get this going for so long. But had a breakthrough today and finally paired the Jeep (and my other car)

I thought I have a rolling code garage door opener since it has the training button and i've trained a few things to it, like the keypad, and MyQ phone app, etc.

I tried and tried and tried to go that route where you push the train button on the garage, then double tap the button in the Jeep to train it. It would not work. Tried double tap, tried long presses, tried other buttons, no dice. Also the same result on my other vehicle's Homelink buttons.

Did not have a garage hand held remote, so couldn't try the technique using the hand-held remote to train the Jeep's Homelink but figured I shouldn't need it.

Finally gave in and bought a hand-held garage door opener remote to see if that will help. Trained that remote to pair to the garage door opener. Press train on the opener, click the button on the remote. They are paired up. That went smoothly.

Turned the Jeep to ON, held down the button on the remote, along with the button on my homelink for about 5 seconds, and it works now!

Just my experience.. Your mileage may vary.

Note to others who read this - if you are having trouble pairing, you must also do the clearing routine first. Hold both outer buttons on the Homelink for like 12s until the lights start blinking. Then do the follow up training to the garage or garage remote.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Not accurate. Mine is a Craftsman and I bought it 15 years ago.
3 years ago when I bought my JL Rubicon I had the same problem. There's a guy that lives in my neighborhood that owns his own garage company he came out and did it for me he does all kind of repairs he charged me 20 bucks and programmed all three of our vehicles because homelink sometimes is hard took him a couple times but he got it he knew he's doing not saying you don't. it's just something about a guy that runs a garage business that knows how to make it work the first time

Sponsored

ken31756

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
I'm wondering if anyone encounter the problem I have, and possibly can offer a solution.

2018 JLU programmed the homelite garage door opener buttons with no problems. Actually, programmed my parents 2 garage doors first which was super easy as they do not have a rolling code.
Then I programmed mine (a Genie Intellicode) also with no issues even though it is a rolling code door opener . I simply followed the instructions, pushed the opener's "learn" button and quickly ran back out to my jeep and pushed the button on the visor a couple times and it works.

Here's the problem:
My door goes up and down with the button on my jeeps' visor, and it also works fine using the original Genie wireless transmitter handheld button.
HOWEVER I lost the use of the wired button on my garage wall that is conveniently located next to the man door from my house. Before programing the Homelite button in my jeep this wired wall button worked fine.

Any ideas as to why, and what I can do to regain the use of the wired wall button.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sometimes you need to press a button on the gate motor also while you program if the garage door uses a rolling code.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
With my old Genie garage opener I had to do another step after holding the opener to the homelink button....had to go push the learn button on garage opener motor and then run back to Jeep and press the homelink button. Connected!

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I'm wondering if anyone encounter the problem I have, and possibly can offer a solution.

2018 JLU programmed the homelite garage door opener buttons with no problems. Actually, programmed my parents 2 garage doors first which was super easy as they do not have a rolling code.
Then I programmed mine (a Genie Intellicode) also with no issues even though it is a rolling code door opener . I simply followed the instructions, pushed the opener's "learn" button and quickly ran back out to my jeep and pushed the button on the visor a couple times and it works.

Here's the problem:
My door goes up and down with the button on my jeeps' visor, and it also works fine using the original Genie wireless transmitter handheld button.
HOWEVER I lost the use of the wired button on my garage wall that is conveniently located next to the man door from my house. Before programing the Homelite button in my jeep this wired wall button worked fine.

Any ideas as to why, and what I can do to regain the use of the wired wall button.
Take a piece of wire and jumper the 2 terminals to see if it sets the open/close cycle. If so then it may just be a fluke that the switch went out. Do you have one of those wifi opners attached as well because that could cause an interference with the main button.

ken31756

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
@ErAcEr thanks for the suggestion to test the wired button. I'll check that when I get home tomorrow. And no wi-fi openers to cause any issues.
Sponsored