JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It's a great product--but it takes more of your MIND CONTROL AWAY-

If it's so bad to push a button----how do you start your jeep ???

Why can't you make the START/ESS PUSH at the same time--I do, after FORCED MEMORY a few times-----I don't even think about it--

W.E.

JIMBO

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There's a button?

I've had mine for almost six months and haven't pushed a button yet. Saving money every time a light turns red or the McD's drivethru is clogged up keeps a smile on my face. :rock:

SupermanRubi

First Name
D.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I know it could be seen as petty to purchase the Smart Stop Start, but I also agree that it is totally worth it. Easy install to store the button's memory.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
There's a button?

I've had mine for almost six months and haven't pushed a button yet. Saving money every time a light turns red or the McD's drivethru is clogged up keeps a smile on my face. :rock:
but when you have to replace a starter sooner it's not going to same too much money that can't be good on the starter

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
but when you have to replace a starter sooner it's not going to same too much money that can't be good on the starter
If the extra wear on the starter was that legitimate, all the companies right not wouldn't be doing stop start systems. The Wrangler is far from the only vehicle with it, let alone manufacturer.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If the extra wear on the starter was that legitimate, all the companies right not wouldn't be doing stop start systems. The Wrangler is far from the only vehicle with it, let alone manufacturer.
All manufacturers care nothing except trying to meet the guidelines that the government is making them make by a certain year on mpg. If they don't meet the guidelines they'll be fine they say it's saves
2 miles a gallon

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The starter/flywheel are beefed up in the engineering process to handle the ESS system. The predicted service life is the same as on a vehicle without ESS.

The more worrisome part is the electrical system that powers the function. My Jeep has been in the shop for 3 days so far with a dead ESS function and a couple of other electronic glitches.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It's your jeep, if you enjoy/tolerate the ESS--then no one should argue with you---------

My jeep ALMOST never uses the ESS system--part of my NORMAL routine in STARTUP is push both BUTTONS SAME TIME----HOWEVER

Any modern battery can't remain on trickle charge it's whole life and HAVE A 5 TO 7 YEAR LIFE--SO(most of my batteries last over 5 years)

I allow ESS 'NOW AND THEN" to cycle the battery--we must control our equipment and NOT let it control you !

W.E.

JIMBO

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
All manufacturers care nothing except trying to meet the guidelines that the government is making them make by a certain year on mpg. If they don't meet the guidelines they'll be fine they say it's saves
2 miles a gallon
So mark Allen and his team only cared about meeting government guidelines and profit with zero interest in making the Wrangler a success in it's intended market. Ok.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Unlike many here I love this module. We got it for my wife's Grand Cherokee and I use the Tazer to turn mine off in the Wrangler.

To all the folks that are comparing this to pushing the start button, really? Give me a break. Yes we all know you are hero's for not buying into this and great you are all used to pushing the button every single time you get in.

For me it is the most STUPID function ever and to not have to think about it is wonderful.

Hold24

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Unlike many here I love this module. We got it for my wife's Grand Cherokee and I use the Tazer to turn mine off in the Wrangler.

To all the folks that are comparing this to pushing the start button, really? Give me a break. Yes we all know you are hero's for not buying into this and great you are all used to pushing the button every single time you get in.

For me it is the most STUPID function ever and to not have to think about it is wonderful.
Amen !!!!!

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara

Totally agree. It's like a dang fly buzzing around the cabin. You don't think about it till it's in your face, then you want to shoot it.

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Couldn't agree more. Installed this about a month ago. Best mod so far, haha!

Drove me nuts every time the engine shut off just to let an old lady walk by in a parking lot, etc. because I forgot to turn it off.
Sponsored