Car alarm keeps going off

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
Cleaning this post up because it was a mess from trying to problem solve while it was happening.

The emergency alarm keeps coming on. I turn it off and it comes back on minutes or hours later.

The dealer doesn’t know what to do and doesn’t see any obvious issues.

Move this post to the proper section if need be.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s still going off. If anyone can help please do.

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin had the exact same problem, bring to dealer

OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cousin had the exact same problem, bring to dealer
Ok thank you. I will call and get it booked in.

I have not disconnected the second battery because I had to get to work

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thank you. I will call and get it booked in.

I have not disconnected the second battery because I had to get to work
He had it happen on his at night and it was a nightmare as well, Jeep should be familiar with the problem, since a few JL’s have had this happen.

OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He had it happen on his at night and it was a nightmare as well, Jeep should be familiar with the problem, since a few JL’s have had this happen.
No doubt. That gives me some peace of mind.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
She's pissed that you called her a car. lol

Just kidding. I'd bring it to the dealer. I had a problem with autostop/start, and after batteries died the Jeep did one last flash of all lights inside and out, wipers went off, then died. They replaced my entire fuse panel and a few other things, but couldn't figure it out for a couple of days. Bring it in before it leaves you stranded.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my Jeep back today. He said they found no codes thrown and no bulletin or recalls.

It did it again tonight.

The dealer said if it does push the brake and start the Jeep by pushing the button with fob.

This started the vehicle but did not stop the alarm. I pulled the 2 outer light and the horn fuse. I think that stopped it last time.

So I’ll go back in tmrw but I’m not sure what I’m going to say.

If anybody has any more info on the subject help me out. I’d rather this over sooner than later.

Also said dealers “Jeep Guy” said to use glass cleaner on soft top windows? I thought that was a big no no but apparently not? He just used the Mopar stuff. It came up because the windows for soft top came new with stains on em so they tried using it to clean it. So. Ow they are trying to send in a picture to ask for warranty claim

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
OP…Is it possible you accidentally pressed the RED PANIC button on the FOB by any chance?

A few weeks ago I went out to my JLR and the horn started beeping. I have proximity entry. I pulled the handle and the door unlocks and opens. The horn is still blasting. I put my foot on the brake pedal and push the START button thinking that might stop the honking. Nope, the engine starts while the horn is still honking. I took the FOB out of my pocket and pressed the lock/unlock buttons thinking that would re-set something, horn still honking. I finally pressed the RED PANIC button on the FOB and that turned off the beeping horn. I must have accidentally pressed the RED PANIC button while it was in my pocket.

Happened again today. I was getting out of a friend's car today. My JLR was parked in the spot in front. My horn started honking like the alarm was set off. Happened right as I was getting out of my friend's car. I felt the FOB get pinched in my pocket against the seat as it happened. At that point I knew exactly what it was and what caused it. I accidentally hit the RED PANIC button on the FOB again. A press of the RED button turned off the honking horn. No doubt in my mind this is what happened the first time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haines_GT

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No this is not like that.

If I respond with turning it off it comes back on. A few minutes or sometimes seconds later. I was wondering if faulty Fob?

The dealer wants to take it in next week and give me a loaner. So that gives me time to try and learn some stuff.
Sponsored

Last edited: