Sponsored

Anyone considering trading their JL for a JT Gladiator?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I went to a dealer and saw white and silver Rubicons in person. The JT did look better in person to me than the pics I've seen online. That being said, I do not plan on trading in my 2 door for one. I like the short wheelbase and classic lines. But I do think I would rather have a JT over a JLU if I had to make a choice. But honestly, depending on the price, if I wanted a truck, I would probably go for something full size instead of a JT.

Anyone know how the JT hardtop compares to the JLU hardtop for ease of removal, without a hoist? Part of me thinks it looks easier since it isn't as long as a JLU, but you have the length of the bed to carry it over.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Just accept it my friend :like:

IMG_20190517_144718553_HDR.jpg
Where did you find one with KO2s? A friend's Gladiator?

Nah... I just wanted to test drive it :like: I really liked it and it drove really smoothly. But, honestly I have no need for a bed. And wow did it feel long when I was backing it up lol. But I must say, it does look better in person.
lol, going from a 2 door to a full on pickup truck is dramatic I bet.

Last edited:

ReefGoat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Sport
Top one, looks ridiculous with that little ass bed

Bottom one is actually pretty freakin cool looking I'm feelin' it

You have ranted endlessly in this thread hating on the gladiator. Did the God Dam gladiator touch you when you were little or something. Christ......I Traded in my JL Thursday for a Gator Clear coat Gladiator for three reasons. I will list the reasons by importance to me. Reason number ONE.....THE INSUFFERABLE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. I hate most of you. There are helpful people on here. But most of you are pretentious D-bags. Who rag on lower models than the Rubicon w/30k in aftermarket parts. When most of you won't even use the features that you paid so much money for (please save me the staged Instagram photos that all you d-bags take when you're "wheeling"). I no longer wanted to be associated with anything having to do with the people on this forum. I was thinking about switching back to JK for this reason until the Gladiator came out. Reason TWO. I needed a truck. I got sick of convincing myself that my 10ft trailer was perfect for when I needed to haul something. It isn't...it's a pain in the arse to have to back up to a long trailer and haul it around town every time you need something that won't fit in the back of the cargo area of the Wrangler. Reason THREE. They look badass AND idc about "approach angles" and all that BS you mall crawlers get on here and talk about. FUCK most of you. Peace out to the nice ones.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
You have ranted endlessly in this thread hating on the gladiator. Did the God Dam gladiator touch you when you were little or something. Christ......I Traded in my JL Thursday for a Gator Clear coat Gladiator for three reasons. I will list the reasons by importance to me. Reason number ONE.....THE INSUFFERABLE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. I hate most of you. There are helpful people on here. But most of you are pretentious D-bags. Who rag on lower models than the Rubicon w/30k in aftermarket parts. When most of you won't even use the features that you paid so much money for (please save me the staged Instagram photos that all you d-bags take when you're "wheeling"). I no longer wanted to be associated with anything having to do with the people on this forum. I was thinking about switching back to JK for this reason until the Gladiator came out. Reason TWO. I needed a truck. I got sick of convincing myself that my 10ft trailer was perfect for when I needed to haul something. It isn't...it's a pain in the arse to have to back up to a long trailer and haul it around town every time you need something that won't fit in the back of the cargo area of the Wrangler. Reason THREE. They look badass AND idc about "approach angles" and all that BS you mall crawlers get on here and talk about. FUCK most of you. Peace out to the nice ones.
fuck_you_half_baked.gif

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
someone touched a bone!
He has a point. Some groups are their own worse enemy projecting their insecurities on others to make themselves feel better.

This everbody is an idiot if they do not like or do what I like wears thin.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Wow, you really have issues. You take the internets too seriously. Lighten up Francis.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe instead of letting the Trolls get to you, just hit the " Ignore" button on those that get under your skin, problem solved. Pare it down to the ones worth listening to, keep the Learning Curve going...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Maybe instead of letting the Trolls get to you, just hit the " Ignore" button on those that get under your skin, problem solved. Pare it down to the ones worth listening to, keep the Learning Curve going...
The ignore feature is like burning books and safe spaces. Sometime the “trolls” can teach you something. Believe it or not, many people these days need to be shown how not to be, and what not to do.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
giphy.gif

Wouldn't it have been easier to just delete your account or go to a different forum than spending thousands on depreciation of the JL and uptick in price of the Gladiator?

OnceHadAJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow Subaru
giphy.gif

Wouldn't it have been easier to just delete your account or go to a different forum than spending thousands on depreciation of the JL and uptick in price of the Gladiator?
He stated more than 1 reason why he needed/wanted a JT.

He should have added something about forum members lacking basic reading comprehension skills as well.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap, I hope i made the "F You" group and not the "nice ones" group. I don't think i ever commented on anything from him, i just like being a "bad boy".

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
He stated more than 1 reason why he needed/wanted a JT.

He should have added something about forum members lacking basic reading comprehension skills as well.
Hmm, I had no clue that when responding to an excessively long paragraph riddled with run on and fragmented sentences, one had to apply basic reading comprehension.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The ignore feature is like burning books and safe spaces. Sometime the “trolls” can teach you something. Believe it or not, many people these days need to be shown how not to be, and what not to do.
Please " teach " the Trolls , I'm sure they're all Ears, and just need a little guidance..
Sponsored