EAG Tubular Doors - great pricing

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
If you want a quality trail mirrors, that is the mirror to get. No rattle and its not gonna flip down like those other mirrors. They also have a great powder coat finish on them, and for what they are, its a great quality buy!
We tow our wrangler behind our Motorhome and I need to tow with stock doors on. What I really like about the EAG doors is I can put all 4 in the bed of the wrangler when towing then throw them on when at destination. However to fit inside the slipstream security enclosure I had to remove the EAG mirrors. Instead of putting the EAG mirros on each time at the destination I purchased Double Take motorcycle mirrors that mount to a Ram-ball I installed on the cowl bolt. They install in about 30 seconds. this also provides for mirrors if I also decide to go doorless. I could not be more pleased with the EAG doors and this mirror set up. Since they are made for motorcycles there is NO vibration at any speed plus they are bulletproof

Here are some pics

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg

mirrors%201_zpsnciffjgl.jpg

mirrors%202_zps7nrcprn1.jpg

mirrors%203_zpsnwvuxea5.jpg
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I havent had this problem
Make sure all the latch screws are tight, also the ribber bumper may start to compress requiring you to re-adjust at some point that should stop (this goes for most brands of doors)

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
We tow our wrangler behind our Motorhome and I need to tow with stock doors on. What I really like about the EAG doors is I can put all 4 in the bed of the wrangler when towing then throw them on when at destination. However to fit inside the slipstream security enclosure I had to remove the EAG mirrors. Instead of putting the EAG mirros on each time at the destination I purchased Double Take motorcycle mirrors that mount to a Ram-ball I installed on the cowl bolt. They install in about 30 seconds. this also provides for mirrors if I also decide to go doorless. I could not be more pleased with the EAG doors and this mirror set up. Since they are made for motorcycles there is NO vibration at any speed plus they are bulletproof

Here are some pics

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg

mirrors%201_zpsnciffjgl.jpg

mirrors%202_zps7nrcprn1.jpg

mirrors%203_zpsnwvuxea5.jpg
Amen brother. DoubleTake ftw! I love mine as well.

Questions - what did you do to the exposed chrome screws on the EAG? Did you dip them? I noticed in the first pic they aren’t chrome anymore :)

And what are your wheels and tires specs? God I love em!!!

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Any chance you could post links to all the “parts” needed for your mirror setup? Looks good!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Any chance you could post links to all the “parts” needed for your mirror setup? Looks good!
There are two options

Enduro https://www.amazon.com/Doubletake-M...way&sprefix=double+take+mirror,aps,216&sr=8-2

Adventure https://www.amazon.com/Doubletake-M...way&sprefix=double+take+mirror,aps,216&sr=8-1

you will also need these ram ball (order two of them) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J43I56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also note you will need to get shorter bolts for the ram ball

Here is the video

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Amen brother. DoubleTake ftw! I love mine as well.

Questions - what did you do to the exposed chrome screws on the EAG? Did you dip them? I noticed in the first pic they aren’t chrome anymore :)

And what are your wheels and tires specs? God I love em!!!

Actually I have not blacked out the bolts yet, not sure I will as you can see I have silver accents on the wheels as well as the rock guards have stainless bolts so the chrome or stainless accents kinda work with everything else blacked out,

The wheels are Fuel Assault 18x9 wheels with Goodrich KO2 35" tires, they are a very aggressive looking wheel. What I especially like is they are surprisingly easy to clean and do not get dirty very easy with daily driving. nothing I hate worse then hard to clean wheels with lots of small nooks and crannies.

Note: if I had it to do over again they also have a Assault 17x9 I would have preferred the smaller wheel.

FUEL_Assualt_GLS-BLK_20x10_A1_1000.png

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
^ thanks for the details. Beautiful set up, sir.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Props to EAG and Vicious Offroad. I had issues with the passenger rear door fitment. Vicious sent me a new door and the issue has been resolved. The original door was slightly off and was contacting the body of the Jeep. As well, one of the welds did not take. The new door now fits correctly.

Thanks go out to Chris at Vicious Offroad for responding quickly and Joe at EAG for pointing me in the right direction.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Props to EAG and Vicious Offroad. I had issues with the passenger rear door fitment. Vicious sent me a new door and the issue has been resolved. The original door was slightly off and was contacting the body of the Jeep. As well, one of the welds did not take. The new door now fits correctly.

Thanks go out to Chris at Vicious Offroad for responding quickly and Joe at EAG for pointing me in the right direction.

I agree the customer service is SPECTACULAR

Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Great to hear. I got home today and saw this on my doorstep!!! Problem is, I had softball tonight so I didn’t have time tonight to install. Sucks. I only had time to peek at one door. Hopefully everything else is fine

7E05019E-8163-4C87-94DD-522D4C083FE5.jpeg
0EA2E00D-0CE8-4F2B-8AB5-9A8B6D9D643F.jpeg

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Great to hear. I got home today and saw this on my doorstep!!! Problem is, I had softball tonight so I didn’t have time tonight to install. Sucks. I only had time to peek at one door. Hopefully everything else is fine

7E05019E-8163-4C87-94DD-522D4C083FE5.jpeg
0EA2E00D-0CE8-4F2B-8AB5-9A8B6D9D643F.jpeg
Have fun tonight putting them on! I've kept mine on for a week and have been lucky enough not to get rained on. Everywhere I go, people are checking the Jeep out and commenting how cool the doors look.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dang you all! I’m $296 poorer now. Oh yeah, fathersday15 is good to go!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soooooo... my ocd-ness got the best of me. It took me a total of about 3 hours to finish the install. Why? Well...I really wanted to make sure that

a) there was no contact with any of the body paint.
b) the latch adjustment was perfect. No play. No movement. Thus no rattle. This took a lot of time.

Overall, I’d give the product and install about a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

The latch adjustment is finicky. I tightened and loosened the adjustment screws about 5-10 times per door. It’s a balance between too tight (door won’t close) and too loose (rattle).

The powder coating looked decent. I would have preferred a tad smoother finish. I’m sure cost was a factor so hence it is what it is. There were a couple spots where I thought the powder coating wasn’t consistent... but overall, not bad.

The rear driver door actually rubs ever so slightly against Wruby’s body. Eeeeeeekkk! How do I know this? I used painters tape all across the areas where I was installing them (like I said I’m OCD). I could see where the tape had some slight marks. I remedied the situation by applying some dipped black tape to the bottom of the door. Voila.

I actually had no issues with the mirrors. The provided wedge worked just fine. I’m not 6’6” so maybe that’s why I had a good adjustment zone.

I haven’t driven her yet but I hope to when the weather clears here. Maybe late tomorrow or Thursday. All I have for now are indoor garage pics...

IMG_4588.JPG

A12977B4-4C11-41BE-9E46-22ADBED07C73.jpeg
65B6980B-C178-49C1-9D70-FEDA86530E4D.jpeg
D96A3F70-975C-4CCB-A446-DA2977032D73.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: