BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Bright White with interior color change is progress. Tan Weather Tech mats ordered, tan seat covers next.
JL interior 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 2.jpg
JL interior 2.jpg
JL tailgate shelf 2.jpg
Looks great! I'd like to know more about how you're painting the interior, and what seat covers you go with. I plan on going with tan weather tech mats and hothead headliners as well.
Sponsored

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Yep, Hothead and Weather Tech. I washed each piece with soap and hot water, wiped surface to be painted with acetone. Never touch cleaned surface with bare hands. Then I followed spraying instructions on Krylon Fusion spray can. I chose Khaki color in satin. I sprayed 3 to 4 light coats never allowing paint to dry. I used 7 cans @ about $5 a can.
Door covers are the hardest. Removal from door was easy but then I dis-assembled them into pieces. Mostly screws on the back side but only way to remove the black netting pockets was to grind off the plastic button rivit heads. To re-install, I used a hot glue gun to build up the ground off rivet head. It's on the backside and hidden and strong as original.
I painted hard plastic parts only except for the visors. I'm leaving some dash parts, center console and miscellaneous items black. That's about it, a fare amount of time but not a lot of money.
You're my hero. I've been really disappointed with the lack of tan interiors with the new Jeeps. I figure they'll add it towards the end of the JL lifecycle like they did with the JK, but I want it now. I'll look at painting my JT interior like yours when I finally take delivery.
BTW. Check out the tan Katzkin roll bar wrap. That's something else I hope to see for the JT soon, but I think it's already available for the JL.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
""

Had a fun day in Big Bear at John Bull. A tree had fallen and blocked the trail, used the winch to get over.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
""

Little exploring in Big Bear.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
We changed from the Nitto ridge grapplers and went back to a mud tire after 40 yrs of driving with mud tires we missed the aggressive look and better off road tire. we also took our doors and top off last week and have been lucky. we have had had n rain the last 8 days. been enjoying it it. its so much fun with n top or stock doors. wife said she wanted some kind of door so we got the rugged ridge tube doors

20190605_191606.jpg
Sponsored