Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
I am good with 9am.

do you want to add the "event" to the FB group in case anyone missed it on here? Jhonn and Rex and a few others seem to see the events there more. I don't get a majority of notifications on here anymore so others may have the same.
Event added this AM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Spending all day getting lost in the middle of the desert with a group of Jeepers who need to work the following morning.....I believe I need to sign up for this recipe of disaster. :)

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Aannnddd... I can’t see myself making it to work on Monday...

Lmao!!

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be sitting in a plane thinking of you guys lost in the desert...

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear, we are meeting at the new River shell/subway at 9 AM tomorrow morning I expect everyone that is reading this to be there with bells on!!
Hahaha!!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
To be clear, we are meeting at the new River shell/subway at 9 AM tomorrow morning I expect everyone that is reading this to be there with bells on!!
Hahaha!!
I just bought my wife and daughter "Bear bells" for their trip to Sequoia national park. I should have kept one with me if I knew bells were a requirement...

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my wife and daughter "Bear bells" for their trip to Sequoia national park. I should have kept one with me if I knew bells were a requirement...
It's ok. You can wear your tinkerbells...

We promise not to tease you...

Sponsored

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Yeah. That’s when we’re going, we’re working it out so you can go with. It’s like we’re admitting we wanna wheel with you!

Don’t you feel special? LMAO!!

Ok everyone, if your up for a really long trail ride that’ll take the better part of a day, post up so we can get a head count.

So far it’s:
Me
4xnaz
Sputternutz
Cypher
GRAK

POSSIBLE
L6A
Thanks for a great day guys! Long but great.

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the run and showered.
12 hours on the trail and 100 miles off road.
Went real good until we got to the Verde River. We had started late, and it looked like we were gonna have to go back via Bloody Basin road, and still not get back to pavement until 9 PM or later. Right about that time, Justin found the Orme/Dugas road on his GPS mapping software when we went by, so we threw caution into the wind, put our big boy pants on and went back via Orme/Dugas as originally planned. All I can say is WOW! What a technical challenging 2 track route!! Very high scenic vistas throughout once we began the ascent out of the Verde River area. It was some pretty technical wheeling, with no real margin for error as the 2 track was narrow, and pretty much just a straight drop off a foot or 2 outside the track width in spots. Unfortunately, it was also pretty overgrown in areas, so pinstriping was inevitable. Pretty high cost to pay but in my opinion well worth the price of admission for the scenery and views.
I had an awesome time with a great group of guys! Thanks for going everyone!

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think from now on when I wheel with someone that has a standard transmission, I’ll put them up front. They don’t have a torque converter like the autos do, so their gear ratio is direct vs being buffered by a torque converter, consequentlyi their Jeep moves a little faster on the trail. Happy we worked that’s out, sputternutz.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the run and showered.
12 hours on the trail and 100 miles off road.
Went real good until we got to the Verde River. We had started late, and it looked like we were gonna have to go back via Bloody Basin road, and still not get back to pavement until 9 PM or later. Right about that time, Justin found the Orme/Dugas road on his GPS mapping software when we went by, so we threw caution into the wind, put our big boy pants on and went back via Orme/Dugas as originally planned. All I can say is WOW! What a technical challenging 2 track route!! Very high scenic vistas throughout once we began the ascent out of the Verde River area. It was some pretty technical wheeling, with no real margin for error as the 2 track was narrow, and pretty much just a straight drop off a foot or 2 outside the track width in spots. Unfortunately, it was also pretty overgrown in areas, so pinstriping was inevitable. Pretty high cost to pay but in my opinion well worth the price of admission for the scenery and views.
I had an awesome time with a great group of guys! Thanks for going everyone!
I thought the whole "maybe get lost in the desert" was a joke.... well, we were never lost but had one heck of an adventure! by far one of the most technically challenging trails (still think goat trail is more fitting) I have ever done. like you said, no margin for error as it was truly straight down on the one side.

thanks again for the trail run idea and for setting it up. I had a blast with everyone!

4F77D230-F5E2-4C48-9DD0-57E323840BB5.jpeg

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

- J.R. R. Tolkien

Maybe our experience gives a few of us a new meaning to that poem?

Lmao at “goat trail”!

Goat trail, Jeep trail... they really are similar after all... well... they can be anyway, LOL!

Part of what we all experienced on this run is allot like what any adventurer would experience going into the unknown and trusting on his wit, skills and equipment to get him through. You were right. We were never really lost, but we were “exploring” for a way out that we knew existed. (At least we presumed existed, based on the facts or data present to us, maps, etc.)

Now I realize that that isn’t part of the “normal” Jeep experience today, but it certainly has been in the past, and it did add a certain element of personal challenge beyond that of the normal, mundane “We are going here, this way, and everything is defined, and well established”.

By the way, if you ever hear the words “We might get lost in the desert”, or “The route isn’t completely known” again, you’ll know what to expect!! Hahahaha!!

Just to be clear, we were all up for the challenge, capable in our skills and our rigs, whether we knew it or not. That is evidenced by us all stepping up, meeting the challenge despite our doubts, and coming through on the other side!

Jeeping into the unknown is not for everyone, to be sure. Some know it’s not for them before even trying it, presumably from some other life experience or fear...

There is only one way to find out if it is for you or not and that’s to try it. You’ll know right away if it’s for you or not after you experience it.
I think everyone should experience it a few times just to “Be sure”...

The anxiety, adrenaline, and test of your equipment and mettle can be quite addicting for those who are a little more extreme in their “adventure streak”.

I hope everyone here won’t take this as I’m a “Madman” and will continue to go out Jeeping with me!!
LMAO!!
Sponsored