Sponsored

What happened to half doors?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Jeep promised half doors after the donuts showcase, and now silence... no word on them. I thought by now they were supposed to be out already. I can’t replace my JK until they are out on the JL and/or Gladiator. Come on Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
My current baby. My kids won’t let me get rid of it.
A860B99B-E3BF-444A-A16F-F07E5163E026.jpeg
AE953856-2536-4737-BF07-5634C2788702.jpeg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I agree. Love half doors. Two of my previous half door JK’s.

993C846E-AFF9-48A3-95AE-376D2248915A.jpeg
6C2E5915-CBF6-4379-BBF2-EB5FEB50770B.jpeg

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I’ve been waiting patiently for Jeep to bring these to market, but I thought they would have been here by the third year of production.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It's an outrage. I agree. I may have to cancel my order if they don't deliver.

The JCR doors are pretty darn cool, tho. That's my solution if Jeep can't deliver.

I'd prefer oem, tho, mostly for the side impact improvements over the seemingly thin JCR doors.

Firebrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 jku
Everyone laughed at me when I said half doors were dead in 2017. Laughed harder when those donut things were shown. I’m not saying I told ya so but where the heck are those half doors?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think a big problem is not to many people ordered half doors on the jk. You had to buya sport model to get them from factory since everything else far powered windows.

The original cost of half doors after the fact was stupid high so that dropped the amount they sold again. Iirc it s like 7k for a 4 door, almost a third of the price of the whole Jeep.

Almost every Jeep with half doors had to be special ordered because Jeep dealerships didn't think people would buy them, so all the soccer moms that bought the 4 door probably never knew they existed. I appreciate the extra sales but it also means certain things were designed for that crowd too. Vendors probably think they can't make the r&r costs back if the design then themselves.

What really makes me mad though is how every brochure of the jk had pictures with the half doors. The donut doors got a ton of people talking and were front and center at the reveal. Almost feels like bait and switch.

I mean of all the "Jeep" things to keep, I'd bet more people would be interested in half doors then a folding windshield, but hey they stick with that and actually made it better.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I think a big problem is not to many people ordered half doors on the jk. You had to buya sport model to get them from factory since everything else far powered windows.
The first sentence is definitely true. The second is not. Note post #3 and the pics of my 2 Rubicons with factory ordered half doors. You could also get a Rubicon with hard doors and roll up windows.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe it was for some years, I know when ordering my 2012 the Rubicon refused to do half doors due to having powered windows. I struggled with my dealer and had to settle for a sport.

Wonder how your dealer did it and if maybe mine was wrong. I also remember reading some forums stating it was almost impossible to get halfsies on a rubi, like they had to call a repbin the factory or something.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I’ll make a deal with a crossroads demon for some factory half doors.

Otherwise, I might just buy the JCR doors.
Sponsored