Official Aftermarket Doors Thread - Show 'em off

CapoArgentino

First Name
Capo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
JL owners, show off your aftermarket doors!

Im waiting for my Rampage doors (Due out on July 2nd 2019). I originally purchased them at the Long Beach Jeep Fest back in February 2019 and still waiting for them!

In the meantime if you got aftermarket foors on your JL, show em off here!

-Capo
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have Motor City Aftermarket doors. The fit and finish is excellent. I also use their mirrors that attach to the windshield hing. The mirrors are very solid and do not vibrate so they provide a nice clear view in the mirror.

20190408_114016.jpg
20190515_104203.jpg
20190515_104334.jpg

https://mcaftermarket.com/products-jeep-wrangler-jl/

#motorcityaftermarket

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
EAG makes several versions of that door some with metal inserts, some with mesh and the one you are showing, the EAG doors are great doors probably the most discussed brand door on this forum also with 100% positive reviews. Best part is they are 1/2 the cost (with mirrors) of just about every other brand at $300-$400 for all 4 doors with mirrors.

Here are the mesh version on my wrangler (same as the one you show just a different insert)

Here is a great thread about the EAG doors https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/eag-tubular-doors-great-pricing.30173/

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
say what you want about Rugged Ridge tube doors they don't rattle and they're were on sale at Northridge for $743 with mirrors and free shipping I like them they look good. And the tubing is very thick

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
say what you want about Rugged Ridge tube doors they don't rattle and they're were on sale at Northridge for $743 with mirrors and free shipping I like them they look good. And the tubing is very thick
I am sure they are a quality build, I do not get their design as they will not contain you very well you legs and hips could protrude in a roll over or accident, while tube doors are not robust in general these make no sense, At least Mopar put two cross tubes to prevent that. Anything sitting on the seats including pets could easily fall out of the RR doors as well. , Good quality they just missed the mark on design.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I am sure they are a quality build, I do not get their design as they will not contain you very well you legs and hips could protrude in a roll over or accident, while tube doors are not robust in general these make no sense, At least Mopar put two cross tubes to prevent that. Anything sitting on the seats including pets could easily fall out of the RR doors as well. , Good quality they just missed the mark on design.
It works at the sand dunes and athe sand dunes and a lot more chance of getting into a rollover as we have witnessed. but not going to get arguing with you because there's nothing I can do to convince you and you can commit to me and we'll get nowhere spy the doors at you like you want net that's fine I've had nets before and that's get stuck on limbs and trees and rip just buy what you want be happy I guess. .these last about 1 month at the Sand dunes going in the trails until tree limb sticking out got inside and rip the nets. but I do think the two doors will keep my legs from coming out but I don't plan on finding out but if I do I think the well but that's my gamble not yours

20120525_190525.jpg

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I have not tested this, but if the single horizontal bar is at the same level as my leg, my joints cannot bend in a way that my leg can exit the vehicle. With the Mopar doors, the gaps are smaller, but with a gap where my leg is, my joints could bend in a way that my leg (or knee) could stick out.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have not tested this, but if the single horizontal bar is at the same level as my leg, my joints cannot bend in a way that my leg can exit the vehicle. With the Mopar doors, the gaps are smaller, but with a gap where my leg is, my joints could bend in a way that my leg (or knee) could stick out.
Well I guess there's only one way to find out have a rollover lol

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
some people don't like Rugged Ridge I've heard people say they don't understand the tube doors but I like them in for $743 and free shipping with the mirrors that was a good deal. Considering some websites have them for over $1,000. no they're not $300 doors off of eBay but I trust Rugged Ridge name I know they stand behind their product the tubing is very thick the powder coating is great I've had friends of mine by stuff off eBay the generic stuff and when it came to powder coating was already chipping. I'm very happy with my Rugged Ridge doors

20190605_191606.jpg

K9driver

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR & Toyota 4Runner
I love them, but they are pricey. I added more mirrors and grab handles to the doors, which made them even more expensive.

676B5207-833C-4A99-ABC4-44F2B3C7D9B4.jpeg
Sponsored