Sponsored

Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades?

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Yup, painting complete and installed. All went very well. Hopefully I just saved a life sharing the pics. ;-). Let me know if you have any specific questions. Everything lines up perfectly.

20190531_162414.jpg

20190531_162338.jpg

20190531_162407.jpg
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude it looks sick! Nice to see it in a color that's at least a little closer to black (seems like the hoods are always advertised in something really bright that makes it look extra wicked) haha but seriously I think it came out great. Bravo @TOTL Innovations, look out for an order from me soon! That is, as soon as a discount deal is available ;p
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Yup, painting complete and installed. All went very well. Hopefully I just saved a life sharing the pics. ;-). Let me know if you have any specific questions. Everything lines up perfectly.

20190531_162414.jpg

20190531_162338.jpg

20190531_162407.jpg
I like the Amber combined with the white front light bar, what brand is the Amber ( I already have the white)

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude it looks sick! Nice to see it in a color that's at least a little closer to black (seems like the hoods are always advertised in something really bright that makes it look extra wicked) haha but seriously I think it came out great. Bravo @TOTL Innovations, look out for an order from me soon! That is, as soon as a discount deal is available ;p
Thanks! I really liking the hood, and now after driving for several days, I like it more everyday. ;-)

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
PIAA. It’s a great light, just wish I would have gotten a wider one.
http://www.piaa.com/yellowlightbars/auto
PIAA. It’s a great light, just wish I would have gotten a wider one.
http://www.piaa.com/yellowlightbars/auto
They do have a 18" which works for me however $600 for an 18" light bar is crazy. I own a Commercial LED lighting company we specialize in high end sports lighting based.The watts and lumen output of that light bar is 10+ times the cost of some of the most expensive commercial lighting.

I am sure it is a 1st class light bar but nothing justifies that pricing (at least for the 18"), it is the most expensive 18" light bar I have ever seen and the warranty is only 2 years whereas most of the other high end off-road LED bars are 5 years.

For comparison a 456w 57000 lumen US made Sports Field fixture with 10 year warranty cost is the about the same as the 35W 18" Piaa Bar with a 2 year warranty. Something is wrong with this picture. The 2W chips are very common and not very expensive making most of the fixture cost in the aluminum body.

I really like the fact it uses an indirect light source, that was creative and well thought out.

Thanks for the info though it is what I am looking for just not at that cost.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
They do have a 18" which works for me however $600 for an 18" light bar is crazy. I own a Commercial LED lighting company we specialize in high end sports lighting based.The watts and lumen output of that light bar is 10+ times the cost of some of the most expensive commercial lighting.

I am sure it is a 1st class light bar but nothing justifies that pricing (at least for the 18"), it is the most expensive 18" light bar I have ever seen and the warranty is only 2 years whereas most of the other high end off-road LED bars are 5 years.

For comparison a 456w 57000 lumen US made Sports Field fixture with 10 year warranty cost is the about the same as the 35W 18" Piaa Bar with a 2 year warranty. Something is wrong with this picture. The 2W chips are very common and not very expensive making most of the fixture cost in the aluminum body.

I really like the fact it uses an indirect light source, that was creative and well thought out.

Thanks for the info though it is what I am looking for just not at that cost.
Shop around dude, $480 here, just one example, first search I did, for the 18.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/piaa...gclid=CPi5leCs1uICFQe1wAod9t8EPw&gclsrc=aw.ds

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I later found it on Amazon for $397, they must be struggling to sell them at $599, considering the low wattage (32W) and lumen output it should be $199 at best. I do like the unique feature that it is indirect lighting which eliminates much of the glare, while that does not cost more to manufacture it is a great feature.

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Sooooooo I kinda just spent my hood money on a leather conversion kit for some wicked a** seats lol

p.s. that accent color is silver not white (silver is my JL's secondary color). Anyway, normally retails for $1800 with install, got it for about 7 and going to do a DIY job. Wish me luck, looks like the biggest pain everrrr

s-l400.jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Sooooooo I kinda just spent my hood money on a leather conversion kit for some wicked a** seats lol

p.s. that accent color is silver not white (silver is my JL's secondary color). Anyway, normally retails for $1800 with install, got it for about 7 and going to do a DIY job. Wish me luck, looks like the biggest pain everrrr
Which brand?

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Are those coffers replenished yet because we got something coming. ;)

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

henpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Hey guys. Does anyone know or could tell me the difference between the "10th Anniversary Replica Vented Hood by DV8" vs the "Smittybilt SRC Stingray Vented Hood " ? They look identical in photos. Does anyone know ? Thanks !

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
There were/are tons of options for the JK, but JL still hardly has any. My faves were the 10th anniversary edition, the Smittybuilt one, and the Stingray version... You'd figure that manufacturers wouldn't waste any time recycling the ones that performed well (DV8 is a great example of this), so I wonder what's taking so long?
Only one I can find and it looks pretty badass https://amzn.to/3ds8QSM
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades? 2A769CE6-4FFC-49FD-9BAE-7F3C1ED9D12B

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
There were/are tons of options for the JK, but JL still hardly has any. My faves were the 10th anniversary edition, the Smittybuilt one, and the Stingray version... You'd figure that manufacturers wouldn't waste any time recycling the ones that performed well (DV8 is a great example of this), so I wonder what's taking so long?
I kept it simple. I swapped my Rubi hood with a Sahara owners hood and got $500. I like the Mopar true hood air intake system, found it online for $325 and installed it myself. Then I extended the hood hinges, removed the sound liner and engine cover for underhood heat venting. Works for me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades? JL real hood intake vent

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades? JL underhood
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades? hood hinge extension b
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have any info/insight on hood upgrades? hood hinge extension a
Sponsored