New Lower Control Arms or Control Arm Relocation Brackets

DaleT

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU Mojito
I have a JLRU with the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift. It is the standard lift with no replacement lower control arms (JL7141). The Jeep has a tendancy to wander on the road a bit. Would like opinions on whether I should get the Rubicon Express Lower Control arms that come with their Super-ride kit or get some lower control arm relocation brackets to get my steering corrected to the right geometry, or if I should I go another route. 4 wheel parts, who did the lift, told me I need an upgraded steering stabilizer, but I read that while it would help the issue it's just a band-aid. Thoughts?
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a JLRU with the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift. It is the standard lift with no replacement lower control arms (JL7141). The Jeep has a tendancy to wander on the road a bit. Would like opinions on whether I should get the Rubicon Express Lower Control arms that come with their Super-ride kit or get some lower control arm relocation brackets to get my steering corrected to the right geometry, or if I should I go another route. 4 wheel parts, who did the lift, told me I need an upgraded steering stabilizer, but I read that while it would help the issue it's just a band-aid. Thoughts?
What are your caster numbers before and after the lift? And what is your toe set to? And what is the date code on your current steering stabilizer? There is a star case that has a bad date code range.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I think either option of new LCA's or correction brackets should help. I guess it's just a question of how adjustable you want them to be, and how much you are willing to spend for one option over another.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Why not both? I’ve got a 2” lift and have the slightly longer Mopar arms and Teraflex geometry correction brackets. No steering problems.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
What are your caster numbers before and after the lift? And what is your toe set to? And what is the date code on your current steering stabilizer? There is a star case that has a bad date code range.
where can I find out if mine is defective?

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
you definitely don't need a new steering stabilizer. in fact, you don't even need a steering stabilizer at all. it's just something places like 4wp like to push to separate you from your money. as far as brackets vs adj control arms, you really need to think about what your end goal is for your Jeep. are you going to be doing mostly on highway driving, fire and dirt roads, etc. then geometry correction brackets can be better for that. are you planning on getting into offroading in rocks and more technical stuff? then, you'll want adj lower control arms as the brackets will hang up on stuff.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
From what you listed, I’d suggest new adjustable control arms. I try to avoid the brackets as they diminish ground clearance and there’s no way to dial them in to your particular Jeep

Brett

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you are a rock crawler, I'd avoid brackets and go with arms.

If not, they are great. I have had them on a few jeeps and they really improve the ride. Rubicon Express has them if you want to stick with the same brand. The Rancho ones are super beefy. Either will do the trick.
Sponsored