LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
It’s now on my amazon wish list. Lol
Like I said in a previous post. Just type in a 16 digit number and they send you this stuff. I don't get it. You can get these numbers from other people or order your own number through the mail.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Look I was just posting a review of my experience with the rubber tubing maybe to save someone a few $$$ and time and possible disspointment. I am not the only one here reporting that the mod is problematic. I know I like to read both the good and the bad to help me make informed decisions, is that not what these forums are for. I really value the voices here both positive and negative including your input.
I don’t have the tubing on my Jeep, so I have nothing to share with you. Suggest you reply to those that asked the question. Again, the question was asked for more information, and I just shared more information. Yet you replied to my post, in which I didn’t share any opinion of my own, cause I don’t have one.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I broke the synthetic winch line over the weekend. So I spliced it back together today to re-attach the hook.
I am sure you know this but for those that are not very familier with splicing the synthetic line unless the splice is sewn all the splice strength is lost. I keep a needle and thread on board just so I can splice a broken line at the time of the break, if your line breaks you are done until you can splice it as it looses a lot of its strength if you try to tie a loop (never tie synthetic line to winch). Last month a man was nearly killed in our Marina, he used a the synthetic line to hang his RIB/DIngy from the davit winch, turns out the splice failed he was under it as he swung the davit and it was determined because he did hot sew the splice on the synthetic line it failed the RIB crushed him.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure you know this but for those that are not very familier with splicing the synthetic line unless the splice is sewn all the splice strength is lost. I keep a needle and thread on board just so I can splice a broken line at the time of the break, if your line breaks you are done until you can splice it as it looses a lot of its strength if you try to tie a loop (never tie synthetic line to winch). Last month a man was nearly killed in our Marina, he used a the synthetic line to hang his RIB/DIngy from the davit winch, turns out the splice failed he was under it as he swung the davit and it was determined because he did hot sew the splice on the synthetic line it failed the RIB crushed him.
This is very useful info. Thanks!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
LOL. It doesnt end. You'll be buying more stuff after your JL gets here. I am awaiting my RR rears tube doors and DV8 lower body protectors. I'm hoping they tuck in behind the factory rock slides. Best of luck keeping some money in your accounts!
Ugh. You can say that again. I haven’t really started the REAL modding and I’ve already spent so much on this thing, it’s unreal. I just ordered tube doors yesterday. Oh and I’m still on stock wheels and tires and lift.

Put the Quadratec aluminum engine and transfer skids on. Was worried I wouldn’t like them and have buyer remorse for not getting metalcloak or rock hard, but I’m extremely impressed with this set. The two crossmembers are very beefy and put the stock ones to shame. In the end that’s what sold me on this kit. The plate themselves are thick, but surprisingly light. Overall, install was very easy and hardware was all there and good quality. Gas tank skids on backorder, but definitely will be completing the set. For the price it’s really hard to beat. Especially if you want aluminum.

4AAA1759-B18C-4D40-B583-09F72B9F00FA.jpeg

2757FE17-ABC2-44DF-A2F5-BA28E41DCD21.jpeg

EAA02DB8-D505-4440-B56B-1D8FE90B65F2.jpeg
This looks good. How much was this? Worth it? I might consider.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Control arms installed. Man, it was way bigger of a pita than I expect. Much worse than just the front lowers.

IMG_20190605_183834.jpg

IMG_20190605_184632.jpg

IMG_20190605_200938.jpg

Now I need to start giving all the brake lines and wiring more slack as they are super stretched out at full droop.

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ugh. You can say that again. I haven’t really started the REAL modding and I’ve already spent so much on this thing, it’s unreal. I just ordered tube doors yesterday. Oh and I’m still on stock wheels and tires and lift.

This looks good. How much was this? Worth it? I might consider.
The engine and transfer bundle was $500. Haven't taken them offroad yet so can't say if they're necessarily worth it, but I believe they're a great value. Wasn't sure how strong they would be until I got them in hand and installed and I'm pretty confident they can handle some moderate abuse and sliding. I really think the crossmembers are the stars here. Just one weighs more than both plates combined. I think all of your components will be well protected, but you're planning to do some serious sliding, then I'd go full bellypan since they go to the edge of the frame. If you really want aluminum I'd say it's safe to pull the trigger on these.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
sighted in the trailers Im planning to tow with the jeep. Got tired of jumping in and out 3 or 4 times because you can't see the actual hitch ball and coupler like our other vehicles, just the tire line. So I drew a line on all the trailer couplers in relation to tire line view on backup mode, now its one and done, perfect every time ....

fullsizeoutput_8e3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8e6.jpeg
Hey I like that drop down trailer hitch! Where did you get it?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
This is very useful info. Thanks!
After you have made the splice which is very easy it only requires a couple stitches through the splice to give the splice its strength and prevent it from coming apart. With Synthetic line a proper splice retains about 80% of the lines strength tying it is between 30%-50 (ish)% retention depending on the type of knot. Bending the fibers of the line is what weakens it.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I like that drop down trailer hitch! Where did you get it?
hey Chris, its either from Pep Boys or Tractor Supply can't remember. But it was cheap, rated at 800/8000. 6" drop works perfect for what I tow with the jeep and accounts for the squat...1.5" spacer lift with (KM3 37s 35.5" tall)
I typically use B&W hitches on my vehicles, bit overkill for the 2dr though lol

IMG_5955.jpg

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
hey Chris, its either from Pep Boys or Tractor Supply can't remember. But it was cheap, rated at 800/8000. 6" drop works perfect for what I tow with the jeep and accounts for the squat...1.5" spacer lift with (KM3 37s 35.5" tall)
I typically use B&W hitches on my vehicles, bit overkill for the 2dr though lol

IMG_5955.jpg

Sounds perfect. My Jeep is lifted 2.5" w/ 35" tires. There's a new Tractor Supply store that recently opened by my house that I haven't been to yet!

Thanks, ya'll!

Reactions: aai