USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok no worries. That makes the decision that much easier. Guess I will be ordering some items off of your website later today. Now I just need to find a pinstripe kit to do the red trim on the hood to match the Rubicon logo and the vent blackouts
Sponsored

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@pixeldecals Are all your colors 3m? If I order a 3m series 50 pin striping kit in red (76), will that be close to what you are using for your red represented with the two color vent blackout kit?

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
@pixeldecals Are all your colors 3m? If I order a 3m series 50 pin striping kit in red (76), will that be close to what you are using for your red represented with the two color vent blackout kit?
I use Oracal 651 for that particular Red.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
What is everyone using to clean the hood decals? I tried to wax it...lol dont do that. Tried aerospace 303 and just made it streak bad. Had luck with claybar but looking for something i can just wipe it down with quickly and still retain the matt finish.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
What is everyone using to clean the hood decals? I tried to wax it...lol dont do that. Tried aerospace 303 and just made it streak bad. Had luck with claybar but looking for something i can just wipe it down with quickly and still retain the matt finish.
I've used Adams detail spray with good results. Its also what I used to install the decal.

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-detail-spray-16oz.html

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon

Sponsored

Stoney126

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 7.3 superduty4x4/ 17 blacktop rt charger/2000 xj

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using chemical guys and griots. Always down to try new detailer.
Did you do the red stripe around yourself for the blackout or get the option from pixel? Was thinking of going this route on my rubi
I bought the two-piece set from Pixel Decals. It was much easier for me to install, rather than try to pinstripe the curves.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just to answer my own question:

I went through my stash of auto cleaning supplies to see what would work. My detailer spray did not do that great of a job, it would still leave white spots on the decal. I tried back to black vinyl restorer and that was a little better but far from great. 303 vinyl, rubber etc in the blue bottle was very streaky.

But what worked awesome is 303 leather cleaner and conditioner. Made it a deep black with out looking greasy and no streaks at all.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I would like a carbon fiber one for a Sahara.

*Nevermind, just found one.
Did you ever put yours on?? I was thinking the same thing Carbon Fiber on Sahara may look sweet …

Anyone pictures of this or any other Sahara with hood decal ? Im kinda tossed between this and the 1941
Sponsored