Sponsored

Upper control arm question. Is this right or something wrong? Picture attached.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Check out this picture of the upper control arm, driver side, forward connection. It looks way different than the passenger side, but it might be different on purpose, not sure. It looks like the metal bushing jacket on the upper control arm slipped out or something. Can someone else check their driver side upper control arm and let me know if it looks the same? The camera view is from the top engine compartment looking down. It is real close and just to the left of the steering box when facing the engine compartment but lower. JLUR, but same question probably applies to all JLs.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 11.38.47 AM.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to get a pic from the bottom up later. Its raining bucket loads here on the east coast!

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi! using the OPs original post instead of starting a new one. He has a pic of the upper control arm mount (drivers side). There has to be a bushing in that mount, correct? its not in the arm itself. Can that bushing go bad? Can you replace it and if so how and with what?

If a dealer left that bolt loose from an install and you drove it for 15K miles, could it cause extra wear or damage? any way to check that? I don't know how much that joint should move when prying on it.

THanks!
Sponsored