Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Definitely going to be a deeper blue.
IN LOVE WITH OCEAN BLUE! The purplish tint sets it apart from all the blue cars out there....cant wait for my rubi to arrive!! Def an eye catcher!
Sponsored

Ziggurat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sahara
Grand Tour's last episode on Amazon featured a dark blue Ford Raptor [Lightning Blue on Ford's site] in one segment, if Ocean Blue is even close to this shade of blue I'll be ecstatic!
ford-raptor-grand-tour-amazon.png

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Grand Tour's last episode on Amazon featured a dark blue Ford Raptor [Lightning Blue on Ford's site] in one segment, if Ocean Blue is even close to this shade of blue I'll be ecstatic!
ford-raptor-grand-tour-amazon.png
My sweetheart has that truck! Looks like we could be twins when my jeep arrives! Cool.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Wow, I'm surprised how purple the hood and roof look. I definitely have to see it in person like Mojito.

Ziggurat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sahara
Wow, I'm surprised how purple the hood and roof look. I definitely have to see it in person like Mojito.
I love cobalt blue which is a rich, deep blue. I think certain shading on rounded surfaces gives the Raptor a deeper hue, but just to compare 'purpleness' here's a JK:
5.jpg

Sponsored

milougu

First Name
Milougu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Can anyone confirm it is the blue of the 300? How metalic is it. In the sun super shiny?
I’d seen this but sounds like it’s wrong?
Excited to order but don’t live the 300’s blue...

3256D283-813D-4039-AC38-36523E4E5D18.png

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
IMHO not much metallic, was expecting more

Donkey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ Buggy, 1988 Comanche, 2015 Patriot, 91 Jeep YJ
Can anyone confirm it is the blue of the 300? How metalic is it. In the sun super shiny?
I’d seen this but sounds like it’s wrong?
Excited to order but don’t live the 300’s blue...
I had the sales manager check paint codes and it is the same, also the same as the Indigo Blue found on the Dodge.

Paint codes are the same for both colors.

We ordered ours today!!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
helmet.jpg
Reminds me of my favorite team color... Go big blue!

Sponsored

Flowing Creek

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Blue Cherokee Sport, 2018 JL Firecracker Red Rubicon on order
I saw the Jeep website renderings of the Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat and got my check book out. I have a 1999 Blue Cherokee Sport with 194,000 miles and love Blue. Went to the dealer and found I could not even order a Rubicon in that color until March, don't know if Jeep is rolling out the color to the left coast last or I got a bad dealer (other guys on this forum could order it in February).

Then I searched the NW and found a Chrysler 300 in Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat. I visited the dealer to see the color, had an odd purple tint. It definitely was not the color shown in the computer renderings. So much different that after a week of debating, because I had my heart set on Blue, I ordered a 2018 JL Rubicon in Fire Cracker Red, the silver was a close second. Be careful of the computer renderings, they lie, go see the color in person, even if it's on a different vehicle.

Last edited:

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
It's all due to the lighting or lack thereof.

I saw the Jeep website renderings of the Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat and got my check book out. I have a 1999 Blue Cherokee Sport with 194,000 miles and love Blue. Went to the dealer and found I could not even order a Rubicon in that color until March, don't know if Jeep is rolling out the color to the left coast last or I got a bad dealer (other guys on this forum could order it in February).

Then I searched the NW and found a Chrysler 300 in Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat. I visited the dealer to see the color, had an odd purple tint. It definitely was not the color shown in the computer renderings. So much different that after a week of debating, because I had my heart set on Blue, I ordered a 2018 JL Rubicon in Fire Cracker Red, the silver was a close second. Be careful of the computer renderings, they lie, go see the color in person, even if it's on a different vehicle.

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Ordered mine in blue last week. They said it should be here before the end of April .
They also had the 2.0L available to order.