First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Debating on getting the Flashpaq vs cal. I was going to get either a Tazer or flashcal for when I went up in tire size and also disable auto stop.

But the flashpaq you can add more HP/Torque with a PCM swamp. Anyone do this? Are you happy with it?
Sponsored

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
I’d like to know the answer to this question as well. I’m thinking about doing the PCM swap or alternatively they have a new product called “Pulsar” that plugs into the PCM and provides mostly the same tuning HP/Torque increases. My interest though is to try and eliminate some rough sputtering bucking type engine timing that me and several others are noticing. Seems to be related to the timing and valve lift settings in the OEM tune.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I’d like to know the answer to this question as well. I’m thinking about doing the PCM swap or alternatively they have a new product called “Pulsar” that plugs into the PCM and provides mostly the same tuning HP/Torque increases. My interest though is to try and eliminate some rough sputtering bucking type engine timing that me and several others are noticing. Seems to be related to the timing and valve lift settings in the OEM tune.
Me too Me too!!!! LOL!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Flashpaq with pcm swap last night, everything works perfectly. Super easy install, I followed the video they have on their page.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
When yall say "pcm swap", are you talking about buying a new pcm to install for tuning?

I have a flashcal, that honestly, has never worked properly, but was thinking about upgrading to a Flashpaq which Superchip told me I could with some downloads.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pcm swap is a free service when you buy a flashpaq. You will go on their website and place an order for an unlocked pcm, when you receive it you will take yours off, install the unlocked and send yours it back to them.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
29hp and 37tq with 93oct
25hp and 29tq with 91oct
17hp and 18tq with 87oct

rtucker6508

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
AtlasOffroadConcepts.com
Vehicle(s)
(2) 2019 JLURs, 2015 JKU, 2010 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed a Pulsar this morning. Initial impression on 1st drive is pretty good. Definitely a difference with 40s.

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
I installed the Pulsar this morning. Great results with noticeable power here at altitude (6300ft). Wondering if there are updates for this because it looks like you have to buy the cable separately.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I installed the Pulsar this morning. Great results with noticeable power here at altitude (6300ft). Wondering if there are updates for this because it looks like you have to buy the cable separately.
I would like to know too. If there are I need to find my cable.

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
I have had this installed for a few days. In Performance mode I notice on the highway the power just cuts (for a second) out and I get a driveline clunk and random times. Tow mode doesn't appear to do this.

I did call superchips and they said there is no way to update and if there was there is no need to do so.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I am getting an error code for low voltage at throttle position switch when in tow mode rather repeatedly now. Anyone else see this? It kicks into limp mode then still has check engine on after restarting for a few hours. Have not seen this with the stock setting.

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
Had too many issues with the Pulsar, exchanging it for the full i3 tune and PCM.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Can anyone tell me if the pcm swap will be noticed by the dealer? Can I unmarry for general updates/repairs? I would assume no but superchips has not responded to my email questions so far.
Sponsored