gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t say with complete certainty, but that bolt thread looks more like the M12 x 1.75 thread than the 5/8 - 11. The pitch looks finer than the SAE thread pitch.

If you’ve got the bracket available take it to HD and test one of each to see for sure.
Might have to take it off and do just that.. lol Ugh.. it never ends :)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Might have to take it off and do just that.. lol Ugh.. it never ends :)
Alternatively, you could spend a couple of bucks and buy a fastener of each size and try them in the holes to see what fits. That way you don’t have to remove it since you’ve already put it on and you can return the bolts when you’re done.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Alternatively, you could spend a couple of bucks and buy a fastener of each size and try them in the holes to see what fits. That way you don’t have to remove it since you’ve already put it on and you can return the bolts when you’re done.
Now we both know what happens to those extra bolts... They go in to that "until next time jar." lol hahahahaha

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I had the Steer Smarts track bar, drag link, and tie rod assembly installed on Friday and Sunday. I bought the stabilizer bracket and relocation bracket and couldn’t install my Fox Steering stabilizer because the Fox bolt isn’t the same thread as the Steer Smarts stabilizer bracket. The bolt Steer Smarts supplies with the stabilizer bracket is designed for the factory stabilizer so the bolt is too long and does not have a tapered head or the recessed flange that the Fox bolt has. Steer Smarts is sending me the bolt that was referenced in an earlier post. When I get it I can swap out the factory steering stabilizer for the Fox one and be finished with the steering project.

8EC3D27A-D971-4122-9525-0BC2F80DEBE3.jpeg

BE20D75E-01A9-4CB2-B212-BAF181572913.jpeg

1B53F34C-8AE4-438F-A564-286DAF444908.jpeg

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to share that we were able to get my Fox ATS stabilizer back onto my SS setup (after initially removing it). It required a new countersunk bolt from SS to allow it to attach to the SS clamp instead of the original bracket used by Fox. Its a TIGHT fit, but I like the ATS and stiffness it offers for the damper. Also I re-decaled it in red since the orange was bugging me :)

IMG_2284.jpeg
What’s the orientation of your track bar clamp bolts(vertical or horizontal) I have falcon SS and it’s very close to hitting Steersmarts TB.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had the Steer Smarts track bar, drag link, and tie rod assembly installed on Friday and Sunday. I bought the stabilizer bracket and relocation bracket and couldn’t install my Fox Steering stabilizer because the Fox bolt isn’t the same thread as the Steer Smarts stabilizer bracket. The bolt Steer Smarts supplies with the stabilizer bracket is designed for the factory stabilizer so the bolt is too long and does not have a tapered head or the recessed flange that the Fox bolt has. Steer Smarts is sending me the bolt that was referenced in an earlier post. When I get it I can swap out the factory steering stabilizer for the Fox one and be finished with the steering project.

8EC3D27A-D971-4122-9525-0BC2F80DEBE3.jpeg

BE20D75E-01A9-4CB2-B212-BAF181572913.jpeg

1B53F34C-8AE4-438F-A564-286DAF444908.jpeg
Your steering upgrade isn't complete without Synergy's T.B./Sector Shaft brace IMO.
Are those high dollar S.S. rebuildable? Hope so as a wear item. I have the Fox 2.0 a throw away @ $160. Too much for what it does. My stock unit got dented badly. Took it off, my rig drove beautifully without it. I got a relocation kit and the Fox 2.0 anyway. Go figure:whatsgoingon:

Last edited:

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
night and day from the one you have. this one is adjustable and if you go to the stiffer settings its a huge difference, going to the max on the settings is too much even, so it really offers a wide range. I got the decals on eBay, they are made by Fox so super high quality
Are you able to share the parts used to make the ATS work? Is it just the stabilizer, clamp, and mounting bracket (Steer Smarts?)?

I had the ATS initially on my JK before PSC and I loved it. Would like to do the same on the JL, but couldn't imagine mounting it in the OEM location below the tie rod.

Thanks!
You guys obviously have been driving with these, what is the biggest change you noticed from the stock steering damper to the aftermarket? I am curious if it changes the amount of feedback you feel from the wheels and if it changes the Jeeps natural tendency to self center and straighten out after a corner.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6

Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? 1B53F34C-8AE4-438F-A564-286DAF444908

Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? 1B53F34C-8AE4-438F-A564-286DAF444908

How did you get the black original bolt out from the stabilizer? Mine keeps spinning...

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
put the mount on and put it in a vice.
We are idiots. We thought it was threaded in and not that it could slide right out lol. Thanks for the help
Sponsored