Sponsored

FAIR DEAL UNTIL................

• Thread starter Deleted member 35398
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12
OP
OP

Deleted member 35398

I picked up custom ordered rig from Kent last week. They were very up front about the fact that I’m not legally bound to the financing and can refi at any time and they are asking that I don’t, but I could if I wanted. I never once felt like they were trying anything shady and they provided all of the numbers prior to my flight there. The financing is also not necessarily through FCA, national lenders like Wells Fargo are also considered.

I had looked at their website briefly a few months ago but couldn’t find what I wanted so I custom ordered. I can see how some would be pissed if they looked at the website and had a surprise when it came time to sign. Buyer beware, and just like with any major purchase always ask a lot of questions and read the fine print whether it’s from them or a different dealer
Glad it worked out well for you. I DID NOT go through Kent. I just walked in the door and grabbed the first salesman I saw..........actually they approached me. So that's my first mistake........apparently. The Finance guy came out and explained to me that in order to get the sales price.........I HAD to use whatever financing they came up with (obviously getting a kickback from the finance company); can't put any money down or pay cash. That's when I walked...........never going back.
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
There you go.
The insistence of Mjmi 69 of carrying a flawed argument forward, in the face of evidence that contradicts his assumptions ,means this thread has served its purpose.
Thank you Unconfirmed, your reply was clear and concise, very helpful.
Amen to that !

Gray Hare

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUK, 2019 JLUR, 2004 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Take the Jeep at that price with their crappy financing. Go straight home and refinance with the lender of your choice or pay it in full if that’s what you want to do. Two can play that game.
Solid CT

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read the whole thread, did you try Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID?
I got $7,000 off MSRP.

Last edited:

N00B

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19JLUR
Build Thread
Link
When I was shopping, I spoke with different folks up in ID I learned about the "special financing" requirements and that really made the deal less worthwhile for me personally.

I always make it a point when discussing pricing to tell the dealer to assume that it is a cash deal. I also confirm pricing with the sales manager of the dealership in advance. Nothing personal, but I don't have time to play games with dealerships. I'm in the market, looking for a fair deal, not a wild and crazy deal.

While I probably could have got a better deal, I did buy local here in Denver. I didn't have to travel or pay an unreasonable finance fee for six months and I didn't have to spend a long weekend flying and driving.

It was a win-win for both me and the dealer.

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I used the FCA financing.
$1,000 off the price equals less I had to pay in taxes. Less I had to pay in interest.
My interest rate was 5.9%. Still a little higher than what I could get otherwise. But for the difference I still netted $850 off after the six months was up and I refinanced.
I also put $10,000 down which was the max allowed to get the $1,000 off.

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
There is a very nice lady in Coatsville PA Her nake is Kate Morris. They have a deal with the form and drop the price and your add ons are discounted. I had a price of 51 K for a Rubi and add 3.79% finance on that and add tax plus tags which is 262. Our the door. I went to see Kate and out the door is 45,450. I am putting 25,000. So a 66 month loan makes my payment is less than 400 a month. I work seasonal and make good money in the summer so I can double up through the summer. No hassle and they set the number. I have faith all will be great on June 15 in 2 weeks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
For whatever its worth, I have been working with Kent @ Peterson for about a week. One of the questions I had for him was if he could send me copy of the installment agreement template because I didnt want to be reviewing it for the first time after I flew out to ID to pick up the car. He sent it immediately.

After looking it over, the agreement is clearly a simple interest loan with no prepayment penalty. States that interest is calculated daily based on the principal balance outstanding. No where does itstate anything about waiting 6 months to refinance....so it appears the customer would have to hold the loan for 6 months in good faith because I dont the see anything that prevents the customer from refinancing or paying off without penalty.

I’m told rates are currently in the 5-6% range. Seems like a fair deal for 6months at those rates.

Lastly, can’t say enough good things about Kent at this point. He’s been incredibly responsive and has answered all my questions clearly without issue. Highly recommend reaching out to him. Very up front about everything.

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
Anyone in Illinois should consider Jason Beltran at Tyson Motors. They do huge volume. No one in the tri-state area would beat their deal. I buy a lot of cars. I have only run into a few dealers and sales people that are totally honest and transparent. They are far and few in-between. Tyson and Jason are one of those dealers. I can't recommend Jason enough. Truly a NO BS straight shooter. I emailed him my build and he got back to me in a few hours with his rock bottom price out the door. I called him with a $100 deposit and he placed my order. 14 days later my JLR was at the dealership ready for delivery. I was in and out after about 1.5 hours. A hour was spent waiting for the business manager to free up after doing someone else's deal. I ended up paying exactly what Jason said I would pay. It was as easy as ordering a pizza.
Agree. My salesman was Andy Babb from Tyson Motor. First one (yes I ended up buying two) was a JLUR that I ordered and used the Tread Lightly discount. Then five months later when I got the wife a MOAB (i'm a sucker for a pretty face and big... well, you know) they made sure I got the same deal as before. I negotiated they throw in a set of the wider rock rails for my Rubicon and they accepted. Couldn't be happier. Also have to mention their service department. Top notch, no BS.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I always show up to the dealer with financing arranged. If they can beat it, that's great. We went to purchase our JL with a 3.99% APR through Capital One. Ended up leasing for 3 years first to make sure it isn't a lemon and we'll buy it if it's good to go. So far, so good!

Another note, I never put $$ down on a vehicle. Even if I have a trade, they pay me cash for the trade and I finance or lease the whole amount. If you put $5000 down and you get in a wreck on the way home, guess who is probably going to be out $5000?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I always show up to the dealer with financing arranged. If they can beat it, that's great. We went to purchase our JL with a 3.99% APR through Capital One. Ended up leasing for 3 years first to make sure it isn't a lemon and we'll buy it if it's good to go. So far, so good!

Another note, I never put $$ down on a vehicle. Even if I have a trade, they pay me cash for the trade and I finance or lease the whole amount. If you put $5000 down and you get in a wreck on the way home, guess who is probably going to be out $5000?
Not the best plan. If you handle the purchase and trade in separately you do not receive the tax offset. You are losing a couple grand on the deal due to this.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

It would depend on your insurance and if there was GAP insurance.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
For whatever its worth, I have been working with Kent @ Peterson for about a week. One of the questions I had for him was if he could send me copy of the installment agreement template because I didnt want to be reviewing it for the first time after I flew out to ID to pick up the car. He sent it immediately.

After looking it over, the agreement is clearly a simple interest loan with no prepayment penalty. States that interest is calculated daily based on the principal balance outstanding. No where does itstate anything about waiting 6 months to refinance....so it appears the customer would have to hold the loan for 6 months in good faith because I dont the see anything that prevents the customer from refinancing or paying off without penalty.

I’m told rates are currently in the 5-6% range. Seems like a fair deal for 6months at those rates.

Lastly, can’t say enough good things about Kent at this point. He’s been incredibly responsive and has answered all my questions clearly without issue. Highly recommend reaching out to him. Very up front about everything.
Yep. I also got mine from Kent. My financing through them was 5.75. Not great but not the worst. There's nothing stopping you from refinancing immediately. I won't be keeping their financing as local credit unions are much lower.

I'll be completely honest. They never told me ahead of time that I had to finance the whole amount. I had a fairly decent down payment I planned to put on it. I was not happy about that, that's just wasted interest on the down payment portion in my situation.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited

I'm not following what you're saying. Let's say the Jeep was $50k and they only gave you $45k after you crash it. You'd then have to pay the 5k yourself anyways to end the loan with the bank.

What am I missing?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Yep. I also got mine from Kent. My financing through them was 5.75. Not great but not the worst. There's nothing stopping you from refinancing immediately. I won't be keeping their financing as local credit unions are much lower.

I'll be completely honest. They never told me ahead of time that I had to finance the whole amount. I had a fairly decent down payment I planned to put on it. I was not happy about that, that's just wasted interest on the down payment portion in my situation.

Yeah, I wouldnt have known to ask about the 100% financing if not for this forum. I would have been pissed too since I usually like to put down at least 10-15%. So I'm trying to run the numbers to see if the extra interest cost is still worth it when comparing Kent's deal to other dealers. I have no problem honoring the 6 months if the numbers still work in my favor.

And Meshuggah smokes :rock:
Sponsored