EAG Tubular Doors - great pricing

JDBull7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
So I am on the fence. I like the doors but not so sure about the mirrors. I also like the no door look too. I’m thinking about the trail mirrors from Motor City Aftermarket that attach to the windshield and using with the EAG doors. https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-round-trail-mirrors-pair/

For those that received their doors what would the doors be like without the mirrors? Would it be difficult to find plugs for the mirror bolt holes? Would it look bad our strange not using their mirrors?
Sponsored

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
So I am on the fence. I like the doors but not so sure about the mirrors. I also like the no door look too. I’m thinking about the trail mirrors from Motor City Aftermarket that attach to the windshield and using with the EAG doors. https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-round-trail-mirrors-pair/

For those that received their doors what would the doors be like without the mirrors? Would it be difficult to find plugs for the mirror bolt holes? Would it look bad our strange not using their mirrors?
Running the Motor City Aftermarket mirrors with the EAG doors

Na5U2OH.jpg

I actually don't like the look of the mirrors that come with the doors. I left the holes for the mirror bolts alone and you don't really notice them. I will have to say, I'm extremely impressed with these doors. I got them because of the price and figured they were some cheap doors that I would use in the rear for my kids. The doors looks even better in person and are really nice and of good quality.

JDBull7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
SHY, thanks for the post, that’s the exact look I want. How do you like the mirrors? How much vibration is there?

Thanks again

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This has me more jacked to get mine installed! I keep flip-flopping in my mind of what to do when rain is in the forecast. Mine is my everyday vehicle, and it is parked outside for work all day. On rainy forecast days, I'd rather have the full doors on instead of sitting on wet seats. So, do you plan on swapping the doors in and out often? Or just put the tube doors on when you know the weather will cooperate? I'm obviously new to this Jeep stuff, but I loved driving with the doors off the one day I had the chance to.
That's the rub with tube doors, which I do prefer, just for the sense of security for the kids and passengers. I do have a garage at work where I can put my Jeep if it rains, but I have a pretty far drive home, so there is still risk of getting soaked. I'm holding out for soft doors. They can be thrown on/off quickly and they keep you dry. I've got Bestop soft doors for my JK and LOVE Them. They are in 2 halves, so you can still get that sense of security, although they don't allow air through them. Bestop is supposed to have them out for the JL this summer.

On the other hand, these are just a killer deal and far less expensive than soft doors will be. The soft doors also will require me to look at other mirror options, as my current doorless mirrors use the hinge.

I dunno. I may just do both these and the soft doors and let the weather decide which to use. The soft doors and these are both MUCH easier to swap than swapping with full doors, too.

Another thing you can look into is a cab cover. I did that with my YJ when parked at work, and it was great. The side benefit is the protection from the sun and UV rays on the interior. It had two straps that connected to the bottom of the YJ's body, so it held tight in a storm with high winds.

One thing to remember. It isn't the end of the world to get soaked. My JL didn't have 1k miles on it when I ran through my first T-storm with rain coming in sideways, under the soft top. You just have to laugh it off. (I know, it isn't the same as it sitting out parked all day in a rain storm. I wouldn't laugh that off.)

Just. Empty. Every. Pocket.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
SHY, thanks for the post, that’s the exact look I want. How do you like the mirrors? How much vibration is there?

Thanks again
I like the mirrors, the brackets are pretty beefy and they don't pivot or move while driving. The mirrors do vibrate at high speeds or when the engine idles, but I think that can be lessened with a rubber bushing.

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just noticed the right rear door which has given me issues with fitment has a weld that did not take. It's the decorative piece that sits between the tubes. I'm wondering if this door was slightly off due to the fit on the Jeep as well as the weld issue. I will be contacting EAG tomorrow to discuss.
IMG_20190602_170007166_HDR.png
IMG_20190602_170153656_BURST000_COVER_TOP.png

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine Friday. Had a chance to day to assemble them and fit the front two. The doors did come with instructions, but alas, I did not get the free gift mentioned on the enclosed card.

These doors are great. Four doors for less than $300. Here's a pic with the first one I fitted. Assembly and fiddling around with the fitting took about two hours.
IMG_2213.JPG

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Running the Motor City Aftermarket mirrors with the EAG doors

Na5U2OH.jpg

I actually don't like the look of the mirrors that come with the doors. I left the holes for the mirror bolts alone and you don't really notice them. I will have to say, I'm extremely impressed with these doors. I got them because of the price and figured they were some cheap doors that I would use in the rear for my kids. The doors looks even better in person and are really nice and of good quality.

I also removed the mirrors, frankly they are decent mirrors however we tow our wrangler behind our Motorhome and the I had to remove the mirrors in order to get the doors to fit in the bed as we need to tow with the stock doors then switch to tubes at destination. I can get all four doors in the bed inside my slipstream enclosure no problem.

O use this mirror set up

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I also removed the mirrors, frankly they are decent mirrors however we tow our wrangler behind our Motorhome and the I had to remove the mirrors in order to get the doors to fit in the bed as we need to tow with the stock doors then switch to tubes at destination. I can get all four doors in the bed inside my slipstream enclosure no problem.

O use this mirror set up
Those are possibly the mirrors I am going to use but want to have some more time with the EAG's before I make a decision.

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Vicious Offroad shipped quickly. The doors were well packed, though there were minor scratches on the hinges prior to packing. Installation was straight forward but I could spend more time adjusting the latches. For the driver’s side mirror, I cut-down the flat gasket for a shim added to the rubber wedge. The angle of the mirror at max adjustment is now useable.

Thanks again to @TaxPhan for the post - I’m very pleased with the value of the EAG doors!

CEA0FA3A-EA44-4DF4-9EF8-5822BAF40B52.jpeg

1A569B32-1CCB-47D5-B44B-302595B3C849.jpeg

35A565B2-CD5A-4265-8797-6AF64786F362.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
That's the rub with tube doors, which I do prefer, just for the sense of security for the kids and passengers. I do have a garage at work where I can put my Jeep if it rains, but I have a pretty far drive home, so there is still risk of getting soaked. I'm holding out for soft doors. They can be thrown on/off quickly and they keep you dry. I've got Bestop soft doors for my JK and LOVE Them. They are in 2 halves, so you can still get that sense of security, although they don't allow air through them. Bestop is supposed to have them out for the JL this summer.

On the other hand, these are just a killer deal and far less expensive than soft doors will be. The soft doors also will require me to look at other mirror options, as my current doorless mirrors use the hinge.

I dunno. I may just do both these and the soft doors and let the weather decide which to use. The soft doors and these are both MUCH easier to swap than swapping with full doors, too.

Another thing you can look into is a cab cover. I did that with my YJ when parked at work, and it was great. The side benefit is the protection from the sun and UV rays on the interior. It had two straps that connected to the bottom of the YJ's body, so it held tight in a storm with high winds.

One thing to remember. It isn't the end of the world to get soaked. My JL didn't have 1k miles on it when I ran through my first T-storm with rain coming in sideways, under the soft top. You just have to laugh it off. (I know, it isn't the same as it sitting out parked all day in a rain storm. I wouldn't laugh that off.)

Just. Empty. Every. Pocket.
I do have the Mopar emergency cover, but it's still in the original box. I should probably do a practice run install so that I can do it quicker when I actually need it! But yeah, I should just use that at work if I know it will rain. I haven't been caught driving in a rainstorm yet, but I did leave the windows off at a hotel one night. We had a hell of a storm and that was apparent the next day. I parked on a hill with the front end pointing downhill, and all of a sudden there was water up to my ankles. Good thing the drain plugs are there and then I just left the top down to dry out.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Vicious Offroad shipped quickly. The doors were well packed, though there were minor scratches on the hinges prior to packing. Installation was straight forward but I could spend more time adjusting the latches. For the driver’s side mirror, I cut-down the flat gasket for a shim added to the rubber wedge. The angle of the mirror at max adjustment is now useable.

Thanks again to @TaxPhan for the post - I’m very pleased with the value of the EAG doors!

CEA0FA3A-EA44-4DF4-9EF8-5822BAF40B52.jpeg

1A569B32-1CCB-47D5-B44B-302595B3C849.jpeg

35A565B2-CD5A-4265-8797-6AF64786F362.jpeg
Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine installed. Looks like we finally have 70+ degrees heading our way.

Reactions: Sol
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Got mine Friday. Had a chance to day to assemble them and fit the front two. The doors did come with instructions, but alas, I did not get the free gift mentioned on the enclosed card.

These doors are great. Four doors for less than $300. Here's a pic with the first one I fitted. Assembly and fiddling around with the fitting took about two hours.
IMG_2213.JPG
Awesome decals, super awesome.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I installed two shims on the driver side door to angle the mirror further out. These are the composite shims any home center sells. I test fit the door and it does provide a better view to the rear but still not perfect. You can see the upper shim in the pic below to the right of the wedge that EAG provides.
IMG_20190603_111921141.jpg

Reactions: Sol
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I installed two shims on the driver side door to angle the mirror further out. These are the composite shims any home center sells. I test fit the door and it does provide a better view to the rear but still not perfect. You can see the upper shim in the pic below to the right of the wedge that EAG provides.
IMG_20190603_111921141.jpg
Still sucks you have to do that. But I guess the price makes you feel better?
Sponsored