BLACK Wrangler JL Club

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Thanks for your insight. The black with the soft top looks ‘tough’. Congratulations!
Yeah! I love that look, so glad i went with the soft it looks sooooo good. I was standing in a line today and could see it out in the parking lot and I just stared at it :jk::jk:
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Yeah! I love that look, so glad i went with the soft it looks sooooo good. I was standing in a line today and could see it out in the parking lot and I just stared at it :jk::jk:
Hahaha...I love it! I’ll probably do the same thing-stalk my Jeep wherever I am :handsinair:

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
Yeah! I love that look, so glad i went with the soft it looks sooooo good.
Is that the premium soft top? If so can you maybe post a pic of the inside, like from the drivers seat looking back?

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
Thanks! Looks like it sits up quite a bit higher than the hard top, going to be interesting to see if I have to build a new garage once summer comes and the hard top comes off :(

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I got mine ceramic coated this week. Came back looking soigne

IMG_0782.jpg

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I got mine ceramic coated this week. Came back looking soigne

IMG_0782.jpg
Simply bad to the bone! Can you snap a few more pics from different angles so I can see how the lift looks? Also, I was going to buy the Mopar bead locks, but after seeing how well the factory wheels look with the Nitto's, I may just install tires on the factory Rubi wheels like you did. Your rig looks amazing.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Simply bad to the bone! Can you snap a few more pics from different angles so I can see how the lift looks? Also, I was going to buy the Mopar bead locks, but after seeing how well the factory wheels look with the Nitto's, I may just install tires on the factory Rubi wheels like you did. Your rig looks amazing.
Thanks! I'll attach a few more. At first it seemed massive, not going to lie. It felt big, but I have been a few years removed from my TJ and K5 Blazer to say the least. Now I love the size. Its the perfect size IMO. Here are some pics from before the ceramic was applied but with the 2" mopar.

How much does a ceramic coat run? Looks good!
Mine from a local guy, he was $550 for the coating. Gotta understand it includes a full detail and prep. Wash, clay bar, etc. It was a little cheaper since the jeep was only a few weeks since delivery. A car that had more prep work would be a lot more. Which is why I did it as soon as I could. Mine is Gtechniq and EVO, there are other brands like opticoat and ceramic pro which are more complicated to do, therefore cost more to have applied. He had my jeep for 3 days and the level of work is well worth it. Delivery day did not compare to what it looked like after I picked it up from the detail shop.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpg

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Love those rims! I am planning on painting mine black HOPEFULLY soon!
That will look awesome! Yeah we were excited to see a sport on the lot with the upgraded wheels... we got an awesome deal with all the extras I didn' think was going to be in our price range. Dealer did us very well.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I'll attach a few more. At first it seemed massive, not going to lie. It felt big, but I have been a few years removed from my TJ and K5 Blazer to say the least. Now I love the size. Its the perfect size IMO. Here are some pics from before the ceramic was applied but with the 2" mopar.

Mine from a local guy, he was $550 for the coating. Gotta understand it includes a full detail and prep. Wash, clay bar, etc. It was a little cheaper since the jeep was only a few weeks since delivery. A car that had more prep work would be a lot more. Which is why I did it as soon as I could. Mine is Gtechniq and EVO, there are other brands like opticoat and ceramic pro which are more complicated to do, therefore cost more to have applied. He had my jeep for 3 days and the level of work is well worth it. Delivery day did not compare to what it looked like after I picked it up from the detail shop.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpg
I was considering 37's, but after seeing your pics, it confirms my initial decision to install 35's. I think they are perfect for not only proportional looks, but still drive-ability. Did you install the heavy duty rear spare tire brackets for the additional weight? My dealer ordered that for me as well as I don't want to take a chance on the stock brackets being affected with 35's. Lastly, Nitto recommends a wheel that is at least 8.5" wide for the 35's, so did your tire shop say anything about the 7.5" stock wheels being a problem? Thanks for the additional pics.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I was considering 37's, but after seeing your pics, it confirms my initial decision to install 35's. I think they are perfect for not only proportional looks, but still drive-ability. Did you install the heavy duty rear spare tire brackets for the additional weight? My dealer ordered that for me as well as I don't want to take a chance on the stock brackets being affected with 35's. Lastly, Nitto recommends a wheel that is at least 8.5" wide for the 35's, so did your tire shop say anything about the 7.5" stock wheels being a problem? Thanks for the additional pics.
No the stock wheels are fine. They probably know people will air them down that’s why they recommend 8.5 I’d assume. People have been running them on stock rubi wheels on other forums. I’ll upgrade wheels eventually. Reason I didn’t quite yet is waiting for backspacing options and seeing how more people’s fit. In Maine I cant have it go past the fender, so limits me.
I didn’t order the reinforced tailgate, light brackets etc. all three parts were like $1k, I’m going to do probably an lod or similar swing out tire gate and bumper, which is about $1400 or so. I thought the tailgate parts from them are way too much, but that’s just me. The tailgate is beefier than jk already and the 35 mounted right on there. I don’t open it much right now so not too worried. I think it will be completely fine until I get a bumper.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mad Max" arrived today. Love this thing. Installed Jeep floor mats, door sill protectors, and red skull grab handles immediately after it was delivered to my door step. Mopar 2" and 35's with Mopar bead locks (ring painted red) going on next week. Also ordered Artec rear LCA skids and front axle CAD skid to be installed during lift install.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg
Sponsored