EAG Tubular Doors - great pricing

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have one door (rear passenger side) that I just can't get not to rattle. Trying to get in touch with EAG about a possible replacement since the others are fine and I've tried all possible manipulations to no avail.

Also not thrilled with driver's side mirror. I either get the height I want but an angle that gives me a view of my arm, or the width I want but so low I see the bottom of my rear fender! I'm using the "wedge" and even cut the other rubber in half to double up on the left side. No luck.

I want to love these doors, but contemplating sending them back.

There should be a rubber wedge shape gasket that is for the drivers mirror that make the adjustment possible, at least for me it did I am 6' with seat at lowest position.

Also tomorrow we are heading the the Cascade Mountains for a few days in the back country here in WA, will be towing behind the Motorhome so I want the stock door on for towing,. and will remove at destination, I was able to get all 4 EAG doors in the slipstream enclosure along with all the windows in the bag. However I had to remove the mirrors. Since I have mirrors for door-less I am good to go. Just know doors will fit in bed without mirrors
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Mine arrived yesterday. Very happy with the fast shipping and excellent price. I’ve only opened the box (it’s heavy!) but it looks to be packed very well. Like @Sol I don’t know when it’s going to stop raining. Definitely tired of the rain.

Thanks again for the deal notice @TaxPhan.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
For those of us with enough sense to know Jeeps are supposed to have TWO doors, the EAG doors are even less expensive! Unfortunately Vicious only carries the spiderweb doors in a 2 door package (which is a common problem for 2 door owners... no one carries anything for our Jeeps :mad:). I kinda favor the Matrix- so I have to order through Amazon anyway. https://www.amazon.com/EAG-Matrix-T...EAG+JL+2+Door&qid=1558732824&s=gateway&sr=8-5
Regardless, thanks to the OP for drawing attention to a great alternative to the overpriced tubular doors out there. Love the inclusion of the mirrors on the EAG doors, and looking forward to installing them once we enter the annual Dallas drought season!

PS- Just kidding re: 4 doors (my wife frequently expresses she would have been happier if I had bought a JLU... fortunately 31 years of marriage have developed my ability to selectively filter and ignore such observations ;)). Fortunately, we have a few "sensible" vehicles available for when I need to (yawn) carry multiple passengers. The back seat came out of the JL 15 minutes after I got it home, and it'll go back into the Jeep 15 minutes before I drive it to the dealer to trade it in.
FYI, Vicious does sell the 2 door Matrix, but not through the web site currently.
An e-mail I received from them on the subject:

"Yes, we do have these available. The part number is JJLTD007. We do not have them on the website just yet since management is currently working on adding a few items including these. You can call and place a phone order for $228.60. Thank you!"

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I couldn’t pass up the bargain and ordered a set last night - according to UPS’s optimistic tracking, the order should arrive tomorrow. Hopeful that it will quit raining here so I can try out the tube doors.
Thanks to TaxPhan for the link to the deal and the reviewers in this thread!
Let us know what you think (after install)! I'm hoping to get mine installed this weekend, but now low 60s and rain is in the forecast.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Mine arrived yesterday. Very happy with the fast shipping and excellent price. I’ve only opened the box (it’s heavy!) but it looks to be packed very well. Like @Sol I don’t know when it’s going to stop raining. Definitely tired of the rain.

Thanks again for the deal notice @TaxPhan.
No problem! Yeah, I carried the box myself into the garage and it was not easy.

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Received today as well - as others have said, 80lb box! I also ordered same style for 2 door JK - couldn’t pass up as a present for my bro! He’s going to be stoked.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Here they are, finally stopped raining, so I threw them on before I left for work this morning. It wasn't hard for me to decide once I saw the spider webs, as spider-man is my favorite marvel superhero, and my kids are spider-man freaks too. I did have a rattle in the passenger rear, but I was able to get it adjusted and it doesn't rattle anymore. Mirrors are great, quality of power coat is great, the fact they come WITH mirrors for 339.99 is awesome...wheels and tires next
jeepnaked.jpg

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Here they are, finally stopped raining, so I threw them on before I left for work this morning. It wasn't hard for me to decide once I saw the spider webs, as spider-man is my favorite marvel superhero, and my kids are spider-man freaks too. I did have a rattle in the passenger rear, but I was able to get it adjusted and it doesn't rattle anymore. Mirrors are great, quality of power coat is great, the fact they come WITH mirrors for 339.99 is awesome...wheels and tires next
jeepnaked.jpg
Those look so awesome. With the orange exterior, they fit perfectly! How long did it take for install? I'm trying to decide when I can fit it in this weekend.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Took me about an hour, after the first one it went quick.
Put all 8 hinges on hand tight, hang em, then tighten them down, then do the mirrors.
First one I tightened the hinges before hanging and they were cockeyed just a tad so I had to loosen them to get them to seat right.

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I ordered - but before I saw the additional 15% of deal. Still a great deal.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
For anyone that already assembled their doors, did yours come with instructions?!

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Received my Safari doors yesterday and got them installed today. The video below has more info. There was a post card size flyer in the box thanking me for the purchase and stated there was a free gift enclosed. Unfortunately, the gift could not be located!

Pros
-Install is simple but does take some time. Instructions included but not really needed.
-Price
-Quality (could not find any defects on my doors)

Cons
-Drivers side mirror does not pivot far enough away from the Jeep, even when using the included wedge. You mainly see the rear quarter of the Jeep as opposed to the road. This is when the seat is adjusted completely to the rear. Those with the seat at a more forward position may find the mirror provides better visibility
-My passenger rear door contact the frame of the Jeep, scratching the paint on the door sill. I installed some fiber washers on the hinges raising the door slightly which helped but does not eliminate this problem. I plan to contact EAG next week.
-No locks to keep the doors on the Jeep when you are away (probably best to use the stock hinge bolts to secure the doors otherwise, they are an easy grab and go.

Tips on install
-Leave all hardware loose. Place door in hinges on the Jeep and secure the OEM door bolts (top and bottom) to ensure the hinges are at the proper angle. Then tighten the EAG hinge bolts and adjust the latch
-The two longer bolts (I believe 35mm) are for the drivers mirror when using the wedge. These bolts should be positioned in the rear most holes of the mirror as that is where the thicker side of the wedge should be oriented.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Received my Safari doors yesterday and got them installed today. The video below has more info. There was a post card size flyer in the box thanking me for the purchase and stated there was a free gift enclosed. Unfortunately, the gift could not be located!

Pros
-Install is simple but does take some time. Instructions included but not really needed.
-Price
-Quality (could not find any defects on my doors)

Cons
-Drivers side mirror does not pivot far enough away from the Jeep, even when using the included wedge. You mainly see the rear quarter of the Jeep as opposed to the road. This is when the seat is adjusted completely to the rear. Those with the seat at a more forward position may find the mirror provides better visibility
-My passenger rear door contact the frame of the Jeep, scratching the paint on the door sill. I installed some fiber washers on the hinges raising the door slightly which helped but does not eliminate this problem. I plan to contact EAG next week.
-No locks to keep the doors on the Jeep when you are away (probably best to use the stock hinge bolts to secure the doors otherwise, they are an easy grab and go.

Tips on install
-Leave all hardware loose. Place door in hinges on the Jeep and secure the OEM door bolts (top and bottom) to ensure the hinges are at the proper angle. Then tighten the EAG hinge bolts and adjust the latch
-The two longer bolts (I believe 35mm) are for the drivers mirror when using the wedge. These bolts should be positioned in the rear most holes of the mirror as that is where the thicker side of the wedge should be oriented.

Mine didn’t come with the instructions, ugh! Nice catalog though. Any chance you have the instructions and can email me them? Or maybe it isn’t in a good format to email. I’m not super handy, so having the instructions makes me feel better.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine didn’t come with the instructions, ugh! Nice catalog though. Any chance you have the instructions and can email me them? Or maybe it isn’t in a good format to email. I’m not super handy, so having the instructions makes me feel better.
PM me your email address and I'll send them over.
Sponsored