Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Taser JL Mini to do the programming and getting the proper settings was complex in getting the axles and warning lights to work effectively. I submitted a text message for tech support, which I was doubtful about how effective that was going to go.
Joe from Tazer got back to me within 15 minutes and advised me what the solution was, but told me he had just completed another update that made the fix even better. Within another 10 minutes, he emailed me the improved update that he had just completed that day. A couple of follow up questions were also answered within minutes.
Great service and product, thank you Tazer!
Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Now what? Going to the mall or Moab?
Just joking, nice build

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Just curious what you total height in inches is and width with the 40's, I'm planning a similar build wits a diesel,I plan to tow in a toy hauler or behind a motorhome in or on a an enclosed trailer. I'm still deciding the route to go with the hauling setup and any info would be a huge help.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
What is the back spacing on the Raceline's?.... NICE Build

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What is the back spacing on the Raceline's?.... NICE Build
I ended up with 4.5”. I have a very narrow garage door opening, so I wanted to take the extra 1” I gained by not doing 4”. If that wasn’t a concern, 4” might give you better clearance, I had to do some trimming.

Loren

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what you total height in inches is and width with the 40's, I'm planning a similar build wits a diesel,I plan to tow in a toy hauler or behind a motorhome in or on a an enclosed trailer. I'm still deciding the route to go with the hauling setup and any info would be a huge help.
Sorry I didn’t see your question. Overall width is 88.5”. Tires are 39.76”. Overall height is 81”. Bottom of rear door hinge pin is 34.75” above the ground. I have been flat towing without any problem, and it will fit on my old JK trailer as well.

Loren

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
Are the JL's that different than the JK's....reason I ask is my JK is the same overall height as yours 81"
but mine looks much taller?

Whats your measurement to the door opening?

I've been thinking about getting a JL once the diesel's out and building it for 40's, thought it would be shorter-lower..maybe not?

IMG_3336.JPG

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are the JL's that different than the JK's....reason I ask is my JK is the same overall height as yours 81"
but mine looks much taller?

Whats your measurement to the door opening?

I've been thinking about getting a JL once the diesel's out and building it for 40's, thought it would be shorter-lower..maybe not?

IMG_3336.JPG
The stock JL is about 1" taller than the JK. I always use the bottom pin of the rear door as the height reference, and it's 34.75" on mine. I thought about waiting for the diesel, but decided not to for several reasons.
1) FCA has had ongoing certification issues with the 3.0 diesel. It's a great engine, but I don't want to add $40-50K of build to it and then have a warranty issue.
2) Diesel fuel is more difficult to obtain in some remote locations, meaning you may have to carry more fuel if you are overlanding
3) It's hard to tell what other things may occur until the diesel's been produced for a couple years and there's some history...

Loren

Sponsored

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
9594D794-33B8-470E-B19F-A61C3790F922.jpeg
F4C85339-B16D-4358-80EE-A4B8772C2515.jpeg
A9C6B6D2-7B1A-4E82-8100-C522FD94664F.jpeg
8FE046C6-51C1-419F-9588-AC78283CB5B9.jpeg
88E8D12A-E276-4964-8E1C-7D34BF4F0B12.jpeg
Suspension work today

9594D794-33B8-470E-B19F-A61C3790F922.jpeg

F4C85339-B16D-4358-80EE-A4B8772C2515.jpeg

A9C6B6D2-7B1A-4E82-8100-C522FD94664F.jpeg

8FE046C6-51C1-419F-9588-AC78283CB5B9.jpeg

88E8D12A-E276-4964-8E1C-7D34BF4F0B12.jpeg
How much modification did you have to do to get the rear Dana 60 in? I have an Ultimate 44 Front and looking at a 60 but been told there is a lot of modification to get it to fit.

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How much modification did you have to do to get the rear Dana 60 in? I have an Ultimate 44 Front and looking at a 60 but been told there is a lot of modification to get it to fit.
Hardly any trouble on rear, just needed brake line extensions and brackets.

Loren

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
The stock JL is about 1" taller than the JK. I always use the bottom pin of the rear door as the height reference, and it's 34.75" on mine. I thought about waiting for the diesel, but decided not to for several reasons.
1) FCA has had ongoing certification issues with the 3.0 diesel. It's a great engine, but I don't want to add $40-50K of build to it and then have a warranty issue.
2) Diesel fuel is more difficult to obtain in some remote locations, meaning you may have to carry more fuel if you are overlanding
3) It's hard to tell what other things may occur until the diesel's been produced for a couple years and there's some history...

Loren
Thanks for the reply.

My rear door pin measures 36.5" to the bottom. Some differences in the body heights.

Would you mind measuring to the bottom of the outside of the front door.
Mine measures 32.5"

My other vehicles are diesels, Audi and a Excursion,I have a 400 gal diesel tank at home so Its convenient since I'm in a Rural area.

Engines been out in the trucks so most of the issues are known, that said yes worried a little about the integration.

Just don't want another gutless no Tq V6 gassier, that's why I put in a LS in my '11.

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply.

My rear door pin measures 36.5" to the bottom. Some differences in the body heights.

Would you mind measuring to the bottom of the outside of the front door.
Mine measures 32.5"

My other vehicles are diesels, Audi and a Excursion,I have a 400 gal diesel tank at home so Its convenient since I'm in a Rural area.

Engines been out in the trucks so most of the issues are known, that said yes worried a little about the integration.

Just don't want another gutless no Tq V6 gassier, that's why I put in a LS in my '11.
Mine measures 31.5, so you’ve got a full inch on that height. I wish I could find a good ground clearance measurement, but it’s nearly impossible to get the same measurement on 2 vehicles, plus not knowing what the most critical place is. Btw, I measured my JK and I got 30.5” (4” lift and 37” tires)
I went from a 2011 with the 3.8 to the 3.6 with the 8 speed zf, but I’m blown away with the power and responsiveness of the JL I put 5.38 gears in the Dana 60 so I preserved the ability to attain 8th gear, and I get 8th at 53 mph, so the cruise is easy and quiet.

I owned a Jeep dealership, and the 3.0 was put on stop sale for long times more times than I could count. That being said, Owner’s loved the engine.

Good luck, let me know if I can help with “valuable free advice” lol

Loren

OP
OP
Lorenc

Lorenc

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just a couple of updates on my Build. Overall, it has been excellent in performance. I did have some rubbing issues with the corners of the RockHard front mid width bumper when the tire was stuffed at full turns, but was able to shave the aluminum very cleanly. I also added 3/4” body spacer and 1” more bump stop to lessen stuffing clearance and maintain full spring travel. I also had to trim rear wheel opening several times, but it seems to be fine now.
When trimming the edges off the stock flares, the white fender clips are annoying as they can be seen now, will probably replace them with black ones.
The Red Neck Ram does not have the power of the PSC on my JK, but I think it has enough and I’m not as worried about breaking something else by being able to force steering rather than finessing it.
I bought a new Arb Twin compressor and also mounted my power tank. Shop ran airlines to front bumper corners which is really nice. Last week I had them put in a valve so I could easily select which air source I want to use, but I think the valve is restricting airflow, so I’ll probably remove it.
Sponsored