POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Hi everyone,

I have ordered parts from CJ Pony Parts (CJ Offroad) last month.

- MOPAR Highline fender flares (Rubicon fender flares)
- MOPAR Tailgate table

I precise that I am in Europe, and I have paid 400 USD for shipping and 395 USD for taxes and duties...

After more than one month of waiting for the availability of the parts, they have been shipped.

At the reception of the order, the outside of the box was totally clean, but once opened it was a big mess.

The parts were not individualy protected and all has been scratched and smashed during transport.

The MOPAR tailgate table is full of rust and bubbles, the paint does not even remain on the surface...

(see pictures below)

Now it has been more than one week since that happened and I have tried to contact the dealer who is CJ Pony Parts.

I contacted them many times via their Chat but every time they answer me "be patient we will find a solution".

Today they still have no solution, and don't answer to my mails.

I am asking for a total refund of the order or a total replacement of the parts.

Can someone advise me how to proceed with this shop ?

Because I have tried everything:

- Phone: No answer
- Mail: No answer
- Chat: No real solution given.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.20.35.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.05.42.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.05.26.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.05.04.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.04.50.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-30 à 00.09.03.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-30 à 00.08.51.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-30 à 00.08.35.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-30 à 00.07.37.png
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch, that stuff a big mess. I hate to see that Adrien. A lot of Mustang folks I know have done business with CJ Pony parts, and have had very good customer service. It may have a lot to do with yours being an overseas order, and CJPP trying to figure out how to handle the situation. Now, that doesn't excuse them from now answering the phone, or not giving you any words of encouragement. All I can say is keep calling them, and don't let up until you get an answer.

If you can't get it resolved you can call the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Better Business Bureau where CJPP is located, and file a complaint. Area code (717) 364-3250

Businesses in the USA do not like to be contacted by their local BBB. It gives them a bad mark, and that's not good for business. Good luck

Reactions: POL

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
:swear: yeah that's not acceptable! Each piece should have been individually protected. That's just poor shipping and handling. If they don't make it right, can you file a charge back on your card?

Last edited:

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Those parts are totally unacceptable. I understand the difficulty of shipping overseas. But if you can't pack it to survive shipment, then just don't sell it. Not rocket science, lots of places say they won't ship to certain places.

That said, this is a good place to start getting a resolution. Posting publicly provides some impetus for CJ Pony Parts to address the issue. Hopefully you'll get some attention pretty quickly.

Keep us informed, @POL. We need to know if your problem get solved quickly, or if it doesn't get addressed. CJPP's reputation is on the line...

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my wheels and tires from CJ Pony Parts. When I made the purchased it showed everything as in stock but nothing was. It took a very, very long time (and I am a patient person) for my tires to come in to stock. I called/chatted four times before someone could tell me that the tires were actually overdue and for someone to look for them. Then, after my next chat, they informed me the wheels would be shipping out.

On a positive note, once everything finally shipped, everything arrived in good shape and I earned RPM points and used it to purchase other free stuff which arrived a lot quicker. However, if you read their reviews online, they are not good-basically many people have had the same experience as you. Lots of calls, emails, chats with no response.

Your parts arrived pretty messed up. If they do not respond, take @Wanted33 s advice and contact BBB.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah this. You generally need to show your card that you *attempted* to resolve w merchant.

But if they're jerking you around dispute the charge(s). For really questionable stuff I use my Amex 'cause they're most likely to side w their customer, the cardholder.

The table....if it's straight I'd just sand as needed, rattle can it and move on w life. I'm not saying you SHOULD receive stuff like that but with overseas shipping the fact that you now HAVE IT is worth 2 in the bush...

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The same damage would have happened if they shipped it here in the US. Parts banging around against each other in the box. Ive shipped plenty overseas, the main issue is the outside of the box getting damaged from being handled so much. Ripped, crushed etc. but the inside should be just as protected as if was shipping within the US. Sounds like a new guy packaged it.

Hopefully they dont require you to pay to ship it back. Thats often the case with international sales.

OP
OP
POL

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
All has been solved today, thanks to this forum and to the Paypal dispute I opened yesterday.

All money has been refunded (except taxes and duties: 395USD...)

CJ Pony Parts is serious but the delay to get the customer reassured has been too long.

I am sorry for them to have made bad publicity here, but 1 week to get an answer about a 1300 USD issue made me nervous. Especially being so far from the shop.

We can close this topic.

I hope they will make more attention to packaging with other customers in the Future.

Thanks everyone for your help !
Sponsored