First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
Again, we want to thank everyone that entered our April/May Giveaway on the JLWF!

The big winner was "TJ2018" and he chose the "M1", JL Rear Bumper with flush mounted brake/reverse lights!

TJ2018 just posted the following update to his install. Check him out!

Finally replaced the craptastic plastic rear bumper with one from from @motorcityaftermarket and the RokBlokz rear mud flaps over the weekend. The bumper is top quality and the textured powdercoat finish is excellent. While the photos don't show it well, the steel is very solid, definitely a heavy duty bumper. The license plate bracket is optional (for those who relocate it elsewhere) but is as equally stout and includes the LED plate lamp. The wheel cutout looks like it should fit 34s or maybe 35s on factory spare mount.

Never got around to installing the RokBlokz on the rear due to the liner interference (and I didn't think it was really needed) but they fit in well with the new bumper.

Will be installing the LED combo reverse/brake surface mount cube lights and shackles next and will provide better photos then.

Now my biggest question is whether or not to remove the tow hitch. I used it only as a rear attachment point but not really as necessary with the 2 shackle mounts on the bumper. Thoughts?

(Full disclosure: I won the bumper in the April forum giveaway contest. However, that being said, I REALLY like this bumper and feel it's definitely worth the price!)

Ok... shameless plug for Motor City Aftermarket: they have a full range of JL accessories including a front stubby bumper, trail mirrors, rock sliders (possibly my next mod), tube doors, and light mounts. Definitely give these guys a look. They were awesome to deal with in getting the bumper configured to my needs and their Wrangler armor is made on the same line as parts for the M1 Abrams tank! These guys are very serious about quality and they'are a forum sponsor... definitely give them a look!

img_1665-jpg.jpg
img_1664-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.