First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I just watch the weather, if the chance of rain is low, I will put on the tube doors when I leave for work and keep my eye out for rain.
Overcast days regular doors
I am hoping I have the tubes on more than the regular doors this summer because she is damn sexy with them on, sexier than regular doors or no doors

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I just watch the weather, if the chance of rain is low, I will put on the tube doors when I leave for work and keep my eye out for rain.
Overcast days regular doors
I am hoping I have the tubes on more than the regular doors this summer because she is damn sexy with them on, sexier than regular doors or no doors
I've been hearing that some folks don't put all the hinge bolts on the doors? Do you? This shocked me.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I do not...my hinge bolts stay out during spring/summer/fall to make door removal easier, I don't worry about someone stealing my doors.
JL is the first wrangler with them, to me they are pointless

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I do not...my hinge bolts stay out during spring/summer/fall to make door removal easier, I don't worry about someone stealing my doors.
JL is the first wrangler with them, to me they are pointless
So, the doors open and close without any problem or shifting? I'm such a noob. I'm picturing not putting hinge bolts on my home's doors and thinking it's crazy!

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
nope, no rattles while driving at all, they are really only there so someone can't lift your door off and steal it...but last I checked people around me aren't stealing doors off of jeeps lol.

maybe if I rolled it they would fall off, but then it would just be easier to get out lol

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I usually just install the lower hinge bolts on each of the four doors. They are easier to install and remove and give me some sense of security. More recently, I stopped securing the door sweep hinges. Makes life much easier. However, once winter arrives, all bolts will be installed once again.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I usually just install the lower hinge bolts on each of the four doors. They are easier to install and remove and give me some sense of security. More recently, I stopped securing the door sweep hinges. Makes life much easier. However, once winter arrives, all bolts will be installed once again.
Do you put the bolts on for tube doors (assuming you have some)? Or are they designed to fit the same way as the regular doors, and thus you omit them there too?

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
nope, no rattles while driving at all, they are really only there so someone can't lift your door off and steal it...but last I checked people around me aren't stealing doors off of jeeps lol.

maybe if I rolled it they would fall off, but then it would just be easier to get out lol
Do you put the bolts on for tube doors (assuming you have some)? Or are they designed to fit the same way as the regular doors, and thus you omit them there too?

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ordered my tubes doors two days ago. My plan is to do the same thing - securing the lower bolt although they do fit the same way as the stock doors.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
yup, fits same way as stock doors, pin goes in the hinge, bolt goes on the underside to lock the doors to the hinges so they can't be lifted off.
if you live or work in an area with criminals stealing peoples doors, you may want to use the bolts

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Have used them for a while now. Aside from occasionally adjusting the latches so they don’t rattle they are great for the price. Coming with mirrors are a huge bonus.
I have one door (rear passenger side) that I just can't get not to rattle. Trying to get in touch with EAG about a possible replacement since the others are fine and I've tried all possible manipulations to no avail.

Also not thrilled with driver's side mirror. I either get the height I want but an angle that gives me a view of my arm, or the width I want but so low I see the bottom of my rear fender! I'm using the "wedge" and even cut the other rubber in half to double up on the left side. No luck.

I want to love these doors, but contemplating sending them back.

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
I couldn’t pass up the bargain and ordered a set last night - according to UPS’s optimistic tracking, the order should arrive tomorrow. Hopeful that it will quit raining here so I can try out the tube doors.
Thanks to TaxPhan for the link to the deal and the reviewers in this thread!
Sponsored