Sponsored

Any options out there for a more complete steering upgrades?

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
I am ready to move to my next upgrades.

What I think I'll need are:

1> Front Track Bar
2> Rear Track Bar
3> Tie-Rod
4> Drag-Link
5> Steering Stabilizer

Any Suggestions?
Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am ready to move to my next upgrades.

What I think I'll need are:

1> Front Track Bar
2> Rear Track Bar
3> Tie-Rod
4> Drag-Link
5> Steering Stabilizer

Any Suggestions?
Steer Smarts

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steer Smarts
Does steer smart has Rear Adjustable trackbar? and I still couldn't figure out what SS is compatible with Steer Smart if the SS is mount higher?

Last edited:

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Synergy, but our front track bar has not yet been released. When it does I think it will be one of the few that doesn't require modifications to install on a JL.

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Synergy, but our front track bar has not yet been released. When it does I think it will be one of the few that doesn't require modifications to install on a JL.
Are you currently doing any Memorial Discount? Also want to know if I go with the Tie-Rod and Drag-Link with SS relocation bracket? What SS can I use? I read on this forum where people have to make modification on the Fox ATS SS bushing to fit it.

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Are you currently doing any Memorial Discount? Also want to know if I go with the Tie-Rod and Drag-Link with SS relocation bracket? What SS can I use? I read on this forum where people have to make modification on the Fox ATS SS bushing to fit it.
Several of our dealers will be doing Memorial Day discounts on our products.

With our 8807-03 Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit you can continue to use your stock steering stabilizer or any stabilizer that uses 1/2" mounting bolts with our Tie Rod. If you want to upgrade your steering stabilizer and mount it in the high mount location with our Tie Rod, you will want a steering stabilizer that uses the JK mounting style, Such as the JK version of the Fox ATS designed to mount to a 1.5" tie rod, part 983-02-142. Fox also now makes a cheaper TS version which isn't adjustable, part # 985-02-128.

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I spoke with Steer Smarts yesterday, I was under the impression that I need to buy the Steer Smarts Flex Damper Bracket in order to mount a SS on their 1 5/8" Tie Rod, but if this Fox ATS for JK comes which comes with the 1 5/8" Tie Rod Clamp would do the trick?

upload_2019-5-25_14-52-3.png

upload_2019-5-25_14-49-40.png

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
When I spoke with Steer Smarts yesterday, I was under the impression that I need to buy the Steer Smarts Flex Damper Bracket in order to mount a SS on their 1 5/8" Tie Rod, but if this Fox ATS for JK comes which comes with the 1 5/8" Tie Rod Clamp would do the trick?

upload_2019-5-25_14-52-3.png

upload_2019-5-25_14-49-40.png
You don’t need the Street smarts mount kit if you go with that fox unit. Just make sure to get the right clamp size.

Last edited:

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You can’t go wrong with Synergy or Steer Smarts. They are the top two. Spending hundreds on a steering stabilizer though, i’ll never understand that.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You can’t go wrong with Synergy or Steer Smarts. They are the top two. Spending hundreds on a steering stabilizer though, i’ll never understand that.
Exactly what I would suggest. The fox 2.0 is an easy bolt on. The king is nice but is spendy for what it is $280ish (what I’m currently running)

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. I fully understand how it all work after watching this installation video.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I prefer Synergy as I find the whole Steer Smarts line a bit gimmicky.....

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I prefer Synergy as I find the whole Steer Smarts line a bit gimmicky.....
Both are awesome. Dave and the folks at synergy have things figured out but I’ve been very happy with the steer smart products too. Once the synergy stuff is all available and rolling I’ll be offering both but don’t want to have mismatched stuff.

Brett

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
If you want an install and review video of the Synergy tie rod and dlink, [Banned Site] YouTube video

I have MetalCloak front and rear trackbars, great products, I recommend them. [Banned Site] (Eddie) has Rancho trackbars, he has videos on those as well. I had the Steersmarts front trackbar, but it was too big, was too close to my MetalCloak FAD skid plate.

On another thread, Synergy described their front trackbar, and it sounds unique and interesting, adjuster on frame side instead of axle side, and no axle mount grinding.

When you do your front track bar, add this frame side reinforcement bracket too.
https://www.rustysoffroad.com/new-products/rustys-front-track-bar-mount-brace-jl-wrangler.html

Last edited: