New Jeep Owner

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
That was the color I was going to get until I saw the Mojito! Boy did I think Mojito was ugly but every time I went back to make a new build it kept coming back up until I knew I was going to own an ugly Jeep! So glad I did because it’s so damn good looking!

Welcome and enjoy!
I got the red before I saw the ocean blue, which then became my favorite color lol, and before the bikini came out, which made me ask “why didn’t I wait??” :( I always thought “ugh no way” for the mojito, thought it was ugly, but you know what? That color’s growing on me too :facepalm: Can you say fickle? lol I do love my red Jeep :involve: :jk: But I think I’m gonna have a heck of a time come trade in time lol
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Mojito is simultaneously the ugliest and most awesome color on the available palette.
Don’t ask me to explain that.

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
This is my first Jeep and I am 72. I love it! I just decided I was tired of just another car. I’ve had them all from a Mini Cooper to a Ferrari and everything in between. But none of them are so much fun to personalize and have the flexibility of terrain tackling. Mine is a loaded Sport S but then the mods started. Although I hadn’t ever built up a Jeep before I started following the forums and had made most major decisions before I purchased my Jeep. First of course I started with the wheels, tires and lift kit (BFG 3.15x70 R17, HD series wheels and Mopar 2” lift). Then my pride and joy a Prodigy Performance Stage 2 Turbo Kit which increases my RWHP to 350. Added a gauge package of a wideband AFR, a boost and Turbo oil pressure gauges. Then I regeared to 4.88 decreasing my 0-60 time to 4.5 sec!! I added LED headlights with green halo. I love my Katzkin tricolor leather interior. Finally I installed a Lange Powered Hoist a Top and when I remove my doors I got some tubular doors with mirrors from Quadratec. I intend to get new bumpers as soon as I make up my mind on which ones because there are so many choices.

All in all I think I’ve done a pretty good job for my first Jeep at age 72. LOL.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first Jeep and I am 72. I love it! I just decided I was tired of just another car. I’ve had them all from a Mini Cooper to a Ferrari and everything in between. But none of them are so much fun to personalize and have the flexibility of terrain tackling. Mine is a loaded Sport S but then the mods started. Although I hadn’t ever built up a Jeep before I started following the forums and had made most major decisions before I purchased my Jeep. First of course I started with the wheels, tires and lift kit (BFG 3.15x70 R17, HD series wheels and Mopar 2” lift). Then my pride and joy a Prodigy Performance Stage 2 Turbo Kit which increases my RWHP to 350. Added a gauge package of a wideband AFR, a boost and Turbo oil pressure gauges. Then I regeared to 4.88 decreasing my 0-60 time to 4.5 sec!! I added LED headlights with green halo. I love my Katzkin tricolor leather interior. Finally I installed a Lange Powered Hoist a Top and when I remove my doors I got some tubular doors with mirrors from Quadratec. I intend to get new bumpers as soon as I make up my mind on which ones because there are so many choices.

All in all I think I’ve done a pretty good job for my first Jeep at age 72. LOL.
Funny you say that. I know a guy who is 78 and has driven a lot of luxury vehicles, very high end, and the second he saw my Rubicon, that's all he wants and that's all I hear him talking about. He finally pulled the trigger and ordered on this spring. Doesn't matter how young or old you are, Jeeps are awesome sauce :like:
:jk:

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

Your Jeep does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds on Earth?

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Good evening all,
I have wanted a Jeep for 20 some years now. I think my wife got tired of hearing me talk about it and finally told me “Just go get one” and so I did!

I pick it up next Friday, I can’t wait!

Thanks all
Scott

794D242E-3359-4DD8-8415-47404DF23FAB.jpeg
Love it . Same color with a sky one roof.Congradulations!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
it all started with a book a relative bought our daughter when she was born "Sheep in a jeep". In the book, there is a line "Beep Beep, sheep in a jeep" About every time we were on the road an a jeep drove by I would repeat the line. Our daughter is 15 now, so I am pretty sure that after 15 years of "BEEP BEEP SHEEP IN A JEEP" she is sick of hearing it. I think I simply wore her down LOL.. just goes to show persistence pays...even if it takes 15 years

OR.... she wanted a jeep all along and let me think I finally won a battle.
What a great story! Would love a sheep in a Jeep!

OP
OP
5c0073r

5c0073r

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Good evening all,
I have wanted a Jeep for 20 some years now. I think my wife got tired of hearing me talk about it and finally told me “Just go get one” and so I did!

Thanks all
Scott

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!. It's gorgeous. I did the exact same thing. A Sahara in Mojito. I wanted Majito as much as I wanted the Jeep. Well, not quite. My wife told me just do it, we only live once. Maybe. Not sure on that one. Anyway, I LOVE it. Have a great time with it. I haven't had a Wrangler in 20 years and all the vehicles in-between made me want it even more.

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
That was the color I was going to get until I saw the Mojito! Boy did I think Mojito was ugly but every time I went back to make a new build it kept coming back up until I knew I was going to own an ugly Jeep! So glad I did because it’s so damn good looking!

Welcome and enjoy!
Mine is Majito also. I only wanted Majito. Black top, gorgeous. I love it every time I look at it. "yes dear" I feel the same about you. LOL. That would be my wife. She gets really jealous. :)

Aranimus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hi all --- I just purchased a JL Sport S (2018, but new, and reasonably equipped, though probably not something a Rubicon owner would love I'm sure!) for a pretty darn decent price, and am really looking forward to getting to know it tomorrow! I owned a Cherokee back in the day (90's) so when it came time to have to look into a replacement vehicle, I went all in on the fun aspect of things. Seems like this is a site for enthusiasts, so count me in :)

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The guy just dropped over $40k on a vehicle, and your first instinct is to start pointing out faults you find in his Jeep? Do you do things like this in real life also, or just on the Internet? Like at wedding receptions do you also go up to the groom and say “congratulations, but don’t you wish your wife would get her crooked teeth fixed and drop 15 pounds?”
Congratulations ( I think) ! I have an ocean blue with the sky one roof and love it. Everything is ocean blue and it's plenty rugged.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
LOL - I streamed so many off-road videos videos from my iPad to the TV... subliminally convincingly her over time.
Good strategy. I have already made it clear toy wife this is what I am getting and you have no vote when the money comes.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Good evening all,

Thanks all
Scott

I am sorry, we have hit the Ocean Blue limit for Macomb. You are purchasing my twin. Nice Jeep!
Sponsored