EAG Tubular Doors - great pricing

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
For those of us with enough sense to know Jeeps are supposed to have TWO doors, the EAG doors are even less expensive! Unfortunately Vicious only carries the spiderweb doors in a 2 door package (which is a common problem for 2 door owners... no one carries anything for our Jeeps :mad:). I kinda favor the Matrix- so I have to order through Amazon anyway. https://www.amazon.com/EAG-Matrix-T...EAG+JL+2+Door&qid=1558732824&s=gateway&sr=8-5
Regardless, thanks to the OP for drawing attention to a great alternative to the overpriced tubular doors out there. Love the inclusion of the mirrors on the EAG doors, and looking forward to installing them once we enter the annual Dallas drought season!

PS- Just kidding re: 4 doors (my wife frequently expresses she would have been happier if I had bought a JLU... fortunately 31 years of marriage have developed my ability to selectively filter and ignore such observations ;)). Fortunately, we have a few "sensible" vehicles available for when I need to (yawn) carry multiple passengers. The back seat came out of the JL 15 minutes after I got it home, and it'll go back into the Jeep 15 minutes before I drive it to the dealer to trade it in.
Was just lamenting the dearth of 2 door JL accessories. Found the same doors on Amazon, then your post lol. Price on Amazon is still a great price :like:
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone like the doors with the bags on em? I feel kinda torn on em. They sorta look cool. I like the full coverage but they’re also maybe trying to hard? Lol

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I thought about the bag doors but the last thing I need is another strap flapping in the wind and making noise right next to me.

Ghuzz

Rugged ridge has a deal going on now, free mirrors with purchase of doors,

1B4FA29D-FF25-4E49-82B8-611382C00DD3.jpeg

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Rugged ridge has a deal going on now, free mirrors with purchase of doors,

1B4FA29D-FF25-4E49-82B8-611382C00DD3.jpeg

Really like those doors but they’re still over twice as expensive. They look better but the EAG includes mirrors also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
How long did it take to get to you?
Seems like only a week before they arrived, so very quickly. But I haven't opened the box yet because I was out of town all weekend.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Ordered from vicious offroad on Wednesday, received yesterday (Friday). Quality is great with only a few gripes.
- The hinge bolt threads were a little boogered on a couple so ran a die over them.
- The internals of one of the mirrors were loose and the mirror assembly would rattle around (took apart and tightened a few internal screws). If anyone else experiences this and wants to know more, PM me and I can share how I took the mirror apart and fixed the problem.

Other than that, the quality seems to be pretty good for the price. Time will tell how well the coating holds up, but very happy with purchase so far. And as far as looks go, I personally love the look of the matrix doors over the more expensive alternative options... It’s a win win.
Thanks for the observations here. Sounds like the internals of the mirrors are a common issue, but easily resolved.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Ordered on Wednesday arrived Friday.

I had the same issue with the mirror as Djmatt85. I took it apart and added lock washers to resolve the issue.

I had been looking for a doors off mirror solution for a while and at under $300 with a discount code couldn't pass it up.

IMO looks good and is close to the doors off feel.
20190526_101146.jpg
20190526_100317.jpg
20190526_100305.jpg
They look so good!

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Stop it. Stop posting this stuff.

Earlier today I spent $260 on a center console safe. You just made me spend another $270 on the Safari doors.

Thanks!
Lol, I created a spreadsheet to track all my wishlist items. I keep knocking them off the spreadsheet as purchased, and my bank account is proudly reflecting it.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I ordered mine Last Thursday, they arrived on Saturday.
I immediately opened them up, packaging was great.
I ordered the spider web doors for my JLU
Sunday morning I put them on.
Put hinges on loosely, then tightened them down once hanging on the jeep, all 4 latched perfectly.
I didn't put on the wedge on drivers mirror, but will be doing that, as I now see why it comes with it.

I drove around sunday and Monday with them on, nothing rattled, and they look so awesome.

but the best part was, when my kids saw them they said...DADDY, you got spider man doors for the jeep?
YES
powder coat looked great, not a single scratch on them

Big props to EAG for a great product at a great price

I need door hangars now, my doors will be off a lot this summer

Seriously they looked so cool I forgot to take a pic, and didn't want to put the regular doors back on last night.
Next sunny day I will get a pic, hopefully tomorrow lol

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Mine arrived yesterday and, despite temps in the 50’s and rain, I couldn’t resist assembling and installing last night. Installation took a bit more than I expected. Best lesson learned: don’t tighten ANYTHING until the doors are in the Jeep!

There isn’t a lot to tweak, but the bottom hinge on the driver door would not fully align and seat flush. After loosening while installed, things “fell” into place.

I do have one issue. The rear passenger-side door has some play that the others do not. I’ve tried all possible adjustments to the latch and hinges and can’t resolve it. I plan on playing with it some more, but I’m not sure what else I can really play with :(

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I ordered mine Last Thursday, they arrived on Saturday.
I immediately opened them up, packaging was great.
I ordered the spider web doors for my JLU
Sunday morning I put them on.
Put hinges on loosely, then tightened them down once hanging on the jeep, all 4 latched perfectly.
I didn't put on the wedge on drivers mirror, but will be doing that, as I now see why it comes with it.

I drove around sunday and Monday with them on, nothing rattled, and they look so awesome.

but the best part was, when my kids saw them they said...DADDY, you got spider man doors for the jeep?
YES
powder coat looked great, not a single scratch on them

Big props to EAG for a great product at a great price

I need door hangars now, my doors will be off a lot this summer

Seriously they looked so cool I forgot to take a pic, and didn't want to put the regular doors back on last night.
Next sunny day I will get a pic, hopefully tomorrow lol
This has me more jacked to get mine installed! I keep flip-flopping in my mind of what to do when rain is in the forecast. Mine is my everyday vehicle, and it is parked outside for work all day. On rainy forecast days, I'd rather have the full doors on instead of sitting on wet seats. So, do you plan on swapping the doors in and out often? Or just put the tube doors on when you know the weather will cooperate? I'm obviously new to this Jeep stuff, but I loved driving with the doors off the one day I had the chance to.
Sponsored