ARB Under Seat mount issues

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did go with the 4 tire air up, this time of the year open doors don’t bother me as I am either tube door or doorless. Even with doors on though, door stops on the JL make it a non issue. Might be different if they were just shaking in the wind. The system naturally equalizes amongst all 4 tires which is really cool for going up and down. Finally regarding noise, perhaps not completely deafening however would definitely becomes so after some time, I’d recommend getting out and socializing with folks while it is running as it is pretty loud. Now again, this time of the year I have my bestop trektop on which Allows for sound to just escape but I’d still have my passengers get out just in case. I just pop my head in every min or so to see what TPMS is registering to monitor pressure. Now TPMS seems to work best for all while in rotational motion however I find that at minimal two sensors will seem to pickup the change and I use those as my gauge for where all 4’are at (again equalization) and after driving a very small bit the other sensors “catch up” and I see pressure for all. PROS: great use of space, convenience is stellar, build quality of hose kit is solid, installation of mount is easy peasy. CONS: expensive (especially ARB), Power harness install is a pain as ARB harness is about an inch or 2 short for this mount, (can be made to work as I have without splicing but it ain’t easy,). Floor plug install requires “something” to keep it from becoming an issue later I suspect, rear OEM floor mat requires either trimming OR should be bent upward to protect the filters from being kicked to shreds by kids. IE it is tight underneath and rear passenger will toe poke the compressor if you don’t have something there. The OEM floor mat is good and creates a channel of sorts for air to pass in from right and left of intake manifold/filters and can be easily pulled back a bit further when in use to open up airflow further. WRT my floor plug comment above - that is if you install through passenger front footwell plug as I did because of harness cable length.
BTW, sorry for grammatical/spelling issues with the above I am two finger typing on my phone at the moment.
Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
E6663345-3E43-4845-A34C-0F39B8C2AD25.jpeg
It is possible to use the drain plug under the seat, I was extremely careful in running the power cables and they were long enough. I have a dual battery set up and they are still long enough to reach. You can see the fuses in the lower right of the photo.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Hey guys, been following this as I’m planning on doing similar. A couple of questions for either @WrangleRob or @DickZip (or anyone else):

1). What 4 wheel air system did you go for? Are their options on this. I’m struggling to find anything with my google searches

2). I haven’t seen a diagram of the wiring. I have the rubicon aux switches so am planning on wiring to that for on/off. However, do you still need a direct cable to the battery? (Ie is the aux switch only a relay or can it handle the entire power draw?
Thanks in advance!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, been following this as I’m planning on doing similar. A couple of questions for either @WrangleRob or @DickZip (or anyone else):

1). What 4 wheel air system did you go for? Are their options on this. I’m struggling to find anything with my google searches

2). I haven’t seen a diagram of the wiring. I have the rubicon aux switches so am planning on wiring to that for on/off. However, do you still need a direct cable to the battery? (Ie is the aux switch only a relay or can it handle the entire power draw?
Thanks in advance!
I opted for the 4-tire Speedflate system. Great setup and high quality components.

The factory aux switches have their own individual fuses and relays, but aren't meant for higher amperage components. Especially if talking about the ARB twin, which needs to be wired directly to the main battery terminals. The supplied harness has a smaller gage "kicker" wire that would be hooked up to one of the aux switches, via the wire loom under the glove box. I used the ARB switch, so I powered it with the hot with ignition wire in that same loom.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I opted for the 4-tire Speedflate system. Great setup and high quality components.

The factory aux switches have their own individual fuses and relays, but aren't meant for higher amperage components. Especially if talking about the ARB twin, which needs to be wired directly to the main battery terminals. The supplied harness has a smaller gage "kicker" wire that would be hooked up to one of the aux switches, via the wire loom under the glove box. I used the ARB switch, so I powered it with the hot with ignition wire in that same loom.
+1 on the install info, I bought the innovative JK hose kit that was an option with the mount plate and have used without issue. I did make a single hose and tire gauge along with a plug for helping out others, I may still add a tank in the future but haven’t to date.
Sponsored