www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Hello Rock-Biting Jeepers!

There are several very important moments in a given year that are worth pausing for. For me, one of those moments is Memorial Day.

I plan on sending out a special message on Monday, but, for now, I want to remind everyone that, while we celebrate Memorial Day weekend, lets remember what we are truly celebrating... the freedoms that we have because of the sacrifice made by those we lost.

God Bless You, God Bless our Fallen Heroes and God Bless America.

Metalcloak.com

P.S. It's time for a FREE SHIPPING SALE!!! Yep, it's starts now... Free Shipping Storewide from Thursday through Monday.

Just use the Online Only Code: freedomisnotfree

This is a storewide sale... free shipping on all Body Armor, Bumpers and Suspension Systems... that's up to 15% off in savings!

As usual, here is the fine print... the sale is for the lower 48 US States Only. Our friends in Alaska, Hawaii and Canada can place orders paying full shipping and we will discount it 50% off prior to processing.

Be aware that orders placed during the free shipping sale may have extended delivery times.

But don't miss out... the earlier your order is in, the earlier it will ship.

Order now at Metalcloak.com
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Don't most retailers now have Free Shipping Every Day

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Thank you MC, youā€™ll be getting one from me tonight.

O'Doyle

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Digital Customer Service Manager
Don't most retailers now have Free Shipping Every Day
No. They will offer free GROUND shipping on some items over certain dollar amounts. Heavy items like bumpers, armor, and things that ship truck freight dont typically ship free and can be very costly to ship.

Free shipping on freight items is a good deal.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No. They will offer free GROUND shipping on some items over certain dollar amounts. Heavy items like bumpers, armor, and things that ship truck freight dont typically ship free and can be very costly to ship.

Free shipping on freight items is a good deal.
My Bumper, Sliders Hipped free from Quadratec

My lift and suspension parts shipped free from 4WP

My Rocker Cladding shipped free.

In fact I cannot think of a single large mod I =have done that has not shipped free.

I am about to order a rear bumper it ships free from Northridge,

Tube doors shipped free

Light bars all shipped free.

just sayin

Very few items for a wrangler have to ship LTL (palletized)

Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR

In fact I cannot think of a single large mod I =have done that has not shipped free.

Tube doors shipped free

just sayin

I guess they could be like everyone else, raise the price and offer ā€˜free shipping ā€˜
I doubt any business that wants to stay in business ships for free.
I take their offer as a sale. Iā€™m saving money so Iā€™m happy

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

Tube doors shipped free

just sayin

Iā€™m sure there is significantly more margin on the products youā€™re buying vs the metalcloak offerings and the retailer is able to pass the savings down the line. Also consider the sheer volume of product moved. Instead of needing to make 20% profit, they can move more volume at 7.5% and still be profitable. I donā€™t know of any of the top tier companies/manufactures that offer free shipping 24/7 off the top of my head. They might do specials or if over a certain dollar amount ($299 motobilt) artec, RK, AAL, etc

Brett

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The bigger retailers have much better contracted shipping agreements with the carriers with is why many of the smaller lower volume retailers cannot include shipping except for special events. unfortunately the is how E-commerce is these days. My GoRhino Sliders I found the best price online at a retailer that charges to ship, I called Quadratec the match the price with free shipping. Free shipping does not me higher pricing, as higher volume also equal lower wholesale cost to help offset shipping cost.

Also not saying CW is overpriced or better for that matter (I am sure they have some great deals as well), I just though it was funny to see a sale with free shipping when the known players in this space have free shipping every day.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Wether you charge shipping as extra or absorb it into the margin, the end user is most definitely paying for that component to be shipped to them.
ā€˜Free shippingā€™ is marketing and nothing more.
MC will still have to cover that shipping through a lower profit, just like everyone else. Or I guess they could just jack the price and offer ā€˜free shippingā€™ all the time, just like all those others.
How many of those others that offer free shipping give a discount if you pick up in store? Iā€™d say not many which means you just paid for shipping on something that wasnā€™t shipped.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The bigger retailers have much better contracted shipping agreements with the carriers with is why many of the smaller lower volume retailers cannot include shipping except for special events. unfortunately the is how E-commerce is these days. My GoRhino Sliders I found the best price online at a retailer that charges to ship, I called Quadratec the match the price with free shipping. Free shipping does not me higher pricing, as higher volume also equal lower wholesale cost to help offset shipping cost.

Also not saying CW is overpriced or better for that matter (I am sure they have some great deals as well), I just though it was funny to see a sale with free shipping when the known players in this space have free shipping every day.
I initially bought a dv8 fs-15 front bumper on Black Friday. Came in a couple days, free shipping and somewhere in the $300 range. These are shipped over in a conex from China. While it worked fine it was not a top tier American made product. I have since pulled it off and swapped it over for a roam. If you want American made from an American company itā€™s going to cost you. I ordered 3 lifts a month ago. Was over 600 lbs per ups. That averaged out to $206 each for shipping. Itā€™s not cheap. Also, they (Mc) send 5 packages I believe (control arms, F coils, R coils, f/r track bars, shocks and misc) thatā€™s big money

Brett
Sponsored