Just Installed a Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer

bbott

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep rubicon
Hello everyone! I just got done installing the new Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer for my 18' Wrangler Rubicon. I attached a picture below.

Just gonna make this post short, I'm very happy with it. I have never suffered from the death wobble, or anything else. My jeep isn't lifted (yet), and still has the stock tires/wheels. The steering was "loose" before, but this was how the jeep was made and drove. Nothing was wrong with it, and even drove a 19' just to make sure mine was all good. Drove the exact same as the 19'.

After I installed the Fox Stabilizer I adjusted the "adjustment screw-head" clockwise to make the S.S. tighter which would result in tighter steering. The S.S. has 24 clicks of clicks of adjustability. I set mine to 16. I went for a drive and I can say the steering felt really good. The "looseness" feel was not gone, but it felt more responsive and wasn't so "loose" feeling. I also took both hands off on a straight road at around 40 mph, and it drove noticeably better. Much less wander! I might even tighten it another click or two just to see how much adjusting I can really make to the steering. Ill take a picture later of how it looks on the Jeep!

I think you can buy them on Quadratec. I have not seen any on Extreme Terrain. Saw a few on Ebay. Be careful, they're definitely marked up at the moment.

fox SS.png
Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone figured out how to get these relocated? I’ve already dented my stock stabilizer (owned the JLU less than a month). Can the Synergy kit, or any other, be modified to be used?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone figured out how to get these relocated? I’ve already dented my stock stabilizer (owned the JLU less than a month). Can the Synergy kit, or any other, be modified to be used?

I'm not sure on the fox, but I just did it with my Nexus. Used a tie rod clamp (I used the teraflex one) and removed the bracket it comes with. Used the synergy track bar bolt on the other side.

IMG_20190516_155632.jpg

IMG_20190517_165620.jpg

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How does this differ from the original fox stabilizer that’s only like $130 bucks? This new one looks to be $350+

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're enjoying the stabilizer. I've stated before that the OEM stabilizers are really poorly made, and pale in comparison to a good aftermarket stabilizer. I also noticed a large difference after I installed mine.

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm not sure on the fox, but I just did it with my Nexus. Used a tie rod clamp (I used the teraflex one) and removed the bracket it comes with. Used the synergy track bar bolt on the other side.

IMG_20190516_155632.jpg

IMG_20190517_165620.jpg
Thanks!
Sponsored