Sponsored

Where and how to store soft top windows?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Nuf Said folks can make up their own minds

more than one reseller has this warning including mopar parts online so it must be a conspiracy to take down MOPAR. LOL

Checked the official Mopar parts website (mopar.com) the Bag is not even offered anymore HMMM

183973.png
Dude. You're a frickin broken record. Have you ever used the mopar bag? No. You are forming an opinion based on other's experience and touring it like your own. Again, what's your deal man?
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Dude. You're a frickin broken record. Have you ever used the mopar bag? No. You are forming an opinion based on other's experience and touring it like your own. Again, what's your deal man?

I only present the data and summation. If I said I do not smoke cigarettes but I say it causes cancer you would say the same thing. Look not everyone who smokes get lung cancer, just like everyone that uses a Mopar bag get windows damaged but it is still of value to listen to all experiences including those that do not comport you yours..

Based on your summation and I quote "You are forming an opinion based on other's experience" is that not what these forums are about, their core values for people to discuss and share their experience and opinions, I guess that is only allowed when it conforms with your opinion....

When People publically claim that the bag caused damage to their windows I value their experience which led to my buying decisions. I am simply sharing what I have learned, I would hope others would do the same to potentially save me from making poor decisions.

Personally I value the opinions of others including yours and others with claims they have not experience issues with the Mopar bag, however back to the cancer senario. Instead of attacking those who you dissagree simply plead your case/experience and it is all good as others can form their decisions based on the whole of the discussion.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I only present the data and summation. If I said I do not smoke cigarettes but I say it causes cancer you would say the same thing. Look not everyone who smokes get lung cancer, just like everyone that uses a Mopar bag get windows damaged but it is still of value to listen to all experiences including those that do not comport you yours..

Based on your summation and I quote "You are forming an opinion based on other's experience" is that not what these forums are about, their core values for people to discuss and share their experience and opinions, I guess that is only allowed when it conforms with your opinion....

When People publically claim that the bag caused damage to their windows I value their experience which led to my buying decisions. I am simply sharing what I have learned, I would hope others would do the same to potentially save me from making poor decisions.

Personally I value the opinions of others including yours and others with claims they have not experience issues with the Mopar bag, however back to the cancer senario. Instead of attacking those who you dissagree simply plead your case/experience and it is all good as others can form their decisions based on the whole of the discussion.
As I posted earlier in this thread, while using the bag per Mopar instructions, my rear window sagged causing a slight deformation. Making people aware of the issue will help them avoid damage to their window from using the bag. In my case, I tucked the bottom of the bag tight against the back of the seat, so the top of the bag was already tilted forward, contributing to the sagging of the window. If the bag is left vertical, the sag may not occur. Thanks @lightsout for providing an alternative. I will keep carefully using mine until I get this one refined. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-soft-top-window-storage.13302/

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
As I posted earlier in this thread, while using the bag per Mopar instructions, my rear window sagged causing a slight deformation. Making people aware of the issue will help them avoid damage to their window from using the bag. In my case, I tucked the bottom of the bag tight against the back of the seat, so the top of the bag was already tilted forward, contributing to the sagging of the window. If the bag is left vertical, the sag may not occur. Thanks @lightsout for providing an alternative. I will keep carefully using mine until I get this one refined. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-soft-top-window-storage.13302/

Thanks, I think we are all here to help each other, via trial and error this diologue is very helpful it is reviews like yours and others that help me make my choices, and I hope to pay that forward to others. I do not expect anyone to take anything I say as gospel however just use the information to make decisions that they feel are right whether they agree with us or not.

Thanks again for your contributions.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I roll all the windows up and put my long umbrella in the middle to weigh it down. Cost: $0.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I roll all the windows up and put my long umbrella in the middle to weigh it down. Cost: $0.

b e careful with plastic on plastic especially in heat. I recently spent $12K for new canvas and enclosure for my boat, the installers could not stress enough to not roll without some barrier to keep the plastic from touching, So I use old sheets when I roll them especially for what this cost these days. This is basically the same clear plastic windows that is used on the Wranglers

Boat%20new%201_zpskd5j798a.jpg

jeepinhokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2019 JLUR
Not to get away from all the bag talk....but has anyone hung their soft top windows from the side window molded plastic and rear window bar (like people hang their doors)? I like the idea of just taking them off and hanging them in the garage. I understand I won't have them with me while out and about--I'm good with that. Thanks!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not to get away from all the bag talk....but has anyone hung their soft top windows from the side window molded plastic and rear window bar (like people hang their doors)? I like the idea of just taking them off and hanging them in the garage. I understand I won't have them with me while out and about--I'm good with that. Thanks!

That is a great way except you want to avoid dirt collecting on them, while I realize they get dirty on the wrangler, long terms storage I would prefer they are in a dirt free containment. Short term that would be a very good way to keep them

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

Finally got a chance to try out this bag and method. Can confirm everything fits nicely under the Slipstream with plenty of room left in the bag.

Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I don’t have my bag yet, but curious as to why the Mopar bag doesn’t have rails built in to slide the windows onto in order to prevent sagging. Seems like a no-brainer. Just my $0.02....

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don’t have my bag yet, but curious as to why the Mopar bag doesn’t have rails built in to slide the windows onto in order to prevent sagging. Seems like a no-brainer. Just my $0.02....

Great idea however you still have to deal with the fabric seperator falling down you do not want to store plastic on plastic

jz19

First Name
JZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sahara JLU in Bikini
In many of the popular Jeep part sites/stores they only obvious option was the Mopar window bag at $170 which is way overpriced for a canvas bag and even then with the windows stored in it it is too big to fit in the back of the Jeep.

After looking at other options like various JK bags I found this on on Amazon for $49, I figured what the hell I will give it a try.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMRK4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61Vj3NmaKEL._SL1500_.jpg

The bag arrived and I was impressed with the quality and the size assuming the windows fit, actually fits like a glove in the cargo area of the JLU.

Below are pictures of the windows in the bag:

1st Side window
Windows%201_zps7gvsdqvo.jpg

Second side window
windows%202_zpsvazz9lzz.jpg

For the back window I removed the bottom bar and then Used a light weight packing blanket rolled up with a couple straps, and since the window was too long I used the rolled up blanket for support so I could fold the back window without it creasing.

Windows%204_zpsqoua7unq.jpg

Window%203-5_zpsvu9jh73x.jpg

Here it is all windows stored in the bag, as you can see it fits perfectly in the cargo area or can be hung or stood up

Windows%205_zpsajeua1zl.jpg

Windows%206_zpsuxsy8ej8.jpg

I also installed the Slipstream cargo security system and the bag fits perfectly

Slip%203_zps03d7lk5c.jpg

slip%2011_zps4jkcbep6.jpg

There is even room left over for other items like a Bikini top or ???

So true story - I ordered the MOPAR window back with my Jeep, and wish I hadn't. It is SO big an unwieldy and doesn't really fit in the back (though supposedly you can strap it up against the back of the back seats, but that's an awkward place for someone who is a bit shorter like me.

I saw your post on another thread and loved your approach so much that I ordered the same bag you bought and used your method of a rolled blanket for the back window. I couldn't be happier. So THANK YOU!!

Only problem is that now I have a giant MOPAR window storage bag that isn't going to get used... win some, lose some!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I actually already have a Mopar bag and haven’t used it yet. Here in Michigan it is still to cold. Anyway after reading through this I decided to go outside and try to use it. It seems to hold the windows nicely and is ultra thin, however, putting it in the Jeep if kind of difficult. It really doesn’t fit well. I also have a cargo cover which I need to remove to use the Mopar bag. I could lay the Mopar bag flat as well but then it curls up the sides. I like lightsout’s alternative idea so I just ordered the same bag. I do think the Mopar bag is nice for when I want to leave the windows in my garage so it will not go to waste. I plan on just leaving the new bag flat in the Jeep all the time.

Thanks for the alternative idea.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You guys are anal as hell, that’s all I’ve got to say. :CWL:

upload_2019-5-24_22-3-6.jpeg
Sponsored