Sponsored

Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
When you installed these, did you seal the headlamp enclosure with the back cover or leave it open for air circulation and cooling? I know they have fans built into the heat sinks (can actually hear them turn on when the lights are on), just not sure that helps too much if the enclosure is sealed. What do you think?
Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
When you installed these, did you seal the headlamp enclosure with the back cover or leave it open for air circulation and cooling? I know they have fans built into the heat sinks (can actually hear them turn on when the lights are on), just not sure that helps too much if the enclosure is sealed. What do you think?
Beamtech is one of the few manufacturers that don’t use fans in their heat sinks.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Black Moab i believe that the 10,000 lumen bulbs do use fans, a couple of the reviews on Amazon mention them (https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Headlight-Extremely-Heatsink-Conversion/dp/B073ZDLKT9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=JHV0VS7JR2MK&keywords=beamtech+h13+led&qid=1558562525&s=gateway&sprefix=Beam+tech+h,aps,161&sr=8-4)

But the 8,000 lumen look like they don’t, I have been debating getting some, over using my 7” projectors from my JK, just not happy with the beams in the JL.
I wasn’t aware that Beamtech had the 10,000 lumen versions with the fans. My JLU has the LED package but my wife’s car doesn’t. Comparing the two side by side and driving her car made it look light she had yellow fog lights compared to my LED’s. So, I researched and chose the 8,000 lumen Beamtechs because they had no fans, as I’d seen and heard others making the wizzing noise, plus heard stories of the fans going out. I bought 3 sets (lows, highs and fogs) and they seem to put out as much light as my JLU’s factory ones. Note that the fanless Beamtechs are rated higher on Amazon and have almost 4,000 reviews vs 694 for the ones with fans. I’m sure you’d be happy with either ones, just make sure that they’ll both fit (depth).

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
The 10k ones do have fans, I only notice them when I get in prior to starting the jeep, or whenever the lights come on with proximity sensors. I have been very happy with these lights this past months and once properly adjusted have not had an issue with being flashed. I will mention that we have had that slushy wet snow for the past couple of days and their is build up on the lens, a lot of people have asked about snow/ice build up on LED lens, so that may be an issue. I am still pondering if all the LED lights have this issue.

Sponsored

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for your replies. For those using the 10K Beamtech, did you put the sealed cap on the back of the headlamp enclosure? I did, but was wondering if this obstructed airflow with the fans too much.

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did put it back on mine, so far no probs but probably two soon to tell. I live on a dirt road and then all the off road driving is dusty. It is fairly cool comparatively where I live.

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed Quadratec premium headlights made by JW Speaker, on my daughters JKUR last night and overall are way less bright than my Beamtech bulbs. They were an upgrade over her original bulbs from 2009 but personally I was not overwhelmed.

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn’t aware that Beamtech had the 10,000 lumen versions with the fans. My JLU has the LED package but my wife’s car doesn’t. Comparing the two side by side and driving her car made it look light she had yellow fog lights compared to my LED’s. So, I researched and chose the 8,000 lumen Beamtechs because they had no fans, as I’d seen and heard others making the wizzing noise, plus heard stories of the fans going out. I bought 3 sets (lows, highs and fogs) and they seem to put out as much light as my JLU’s factory ones. Note that the fanless Beamtechs are rated higher on Amazon and have almost 4,000 reviews vs 694 for the ones with fans. I’m sure you’d be happy with either ones, just make sure that they’ll both fit (depth).
i looked hard at the 8000 and they certainly have good reviews, I took a chance with the higher lumens, you know bigger, (brighter) is always better. hehe, I grew up in Texas. Left about 28 years ago but still have a drawl.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@BLACKMOAB hows the cut off with the Beamtechs? Do you have any pictures?

Lots of folks are saying that they are great, and I don’t doubt that they are, but I think that I have only seen one picture of the cut off.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are some quick shots I took while setting it up. In the one picture my Jeep is on the left and my wife’s JLUR with stock bulbs are on the right. Please keep in mind I did some adjusting after these photos to get my low beams set perfect. I have been very pleased.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@WyoTex Thank so much for posting those, the cut off is great, I prefer it to my 7" LED's. Off to amazon it is!!

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BLACKMOAB hows the cut off with the Beamtechs? Do you have any pictures?

Lots of folks are saying that they are great, and I don’t doubt that they are, but I think that I have only seen one picture of the cut off.

Thanks
The Beamtechs are on my wife’s Yukon and the cutoffs are great, but obviously different reflectors so pictures wouldn’t be a good comparison. My Jeep has the factory LED package which is the reason I upgraded the Yukon.
Sponsored