2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I just ordered the Dynomax muffler delete pipe from Quadratec. They price matched Summit for 89 bucks instead of their 99 bucks. It is on back order but I can wait. They also had free shipping and no taxes
About ready to order the same one. It says expected to ship May 29. I don't know why Borla, Gibson or other places only make dual tip axle back systems. I would think a single tip axle back option that doesn't restrict clearance and offers a little sound would far out sell the dual tip system. So it looks like the delete for me. Also with a slip on option you can keep the old muffler so when trade in time comes the new owner can easily revert to a stock exhaust if they wish.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/dynomax/muffler-elimination-pipe-jeep-wrangler-jl-36l
Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
There was a few of us that was given an additional warranty for wheels and tires cause of the inconvenience of waiting for our 2doors, does anyone have a copy of the coverage or know where I can get a copy?
Didn’t sweetwater get that warranty?

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Didn’t sweetwater get that warranty?
I know a few of us did. I have a small rock rash that I will have swapped out if it covers cosmetic damage. My memory says it does but I want to be sure before going in

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
This is what I have on file :

Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICION 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 2-DOOR

Karen & Cliff: Your Auto Appearance Service Contract Details Are Below: COVERAGE - AUTO APPEARANCE CARE PLUS Auto appearance care PLUS provides unlimited Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) ding and dent coverage for new and pre-owned FCA US and competitive-make vehicles, PLUS... • Unlimited coverage for glass chips and cracks • Unlimited coverage for tear, rip and burn hole damage to interior leather, vinyl and cloth trim panels, seats, carpeting and floor mats. FOR PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR AUTHORIZATION AND REPAIR CLAIMS: To arrange for service under this Agreement, You must first call the Plan Provider at 1-800-753-3683 to obtain prior authorization. Once authorization is granted, a certified technician will then contact you to coordinate a day and time to provide covered Plan services at your selling Dealer. In the event you are unable to return to the selling Dealer location, you may request to have service performed at any Dealer on your vehicle within the 50 U.S. States and the District of Columbia. You may not seek service from any other vendor, or receive any provision of service under this Plan without prior approval of Dent Zone Marketing Group Inc (Dent Zone). Important: Any PDR service performed without prior authorization from Dent Zone is not covered BENEFITS: • Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) coverage of vertical and horizontal sheet metal vehicle body panels, windshield glass and interior trim damages for full term of the plan • Windshield Glass - Covers cracks and chips (within 1.5” diameter for chips and 6” for cracks) • Interior Soft Trim - Covers rips, tear and burn holes to interior leather, vinyl and cloth seats, door panels, carpeting and floor mats (within 2” diameter area) For more information on your Service Contract - please call our Service Contracts Team at 1-800-521-9922. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also found what we were offered :

Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICION 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 2-DOOR

Dear Karen: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon order! Please be advised that your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was delivered to Fred Martin Superstore on 5/23/2018. We would encourage you to reach out to the dealership in order to make pick up arrangements. With that being said, because of your patience & loyalty to the Jeep Brand I would like to offer you a little token of appreciation. Please select one of the two Wrangler Service Contracts listed below & I will have it added to your vehicle: AUTO APPEARANCE CARE PLUS (3 Year Contract)- • Unlimited Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) coverage of vertical and horizontal sheet metal vehicle body panels, windshield glass and interior trim damages for full term of the plan • Windshield Glass - Covers cracks and chips (within 1.5” diameter for chips and 6” for cracks) • Interior Soft Trim - Covers rips, tear and burn holes to interior leather, vinyl and cloth seats, door panels, carpeting and floor mats (within 2” diameter area) • Additional Plan OPTION 2 allows for “Anytime Sale” and repair coverage of Pre-Existing conditions. OR ROAD HAZARD TIRE & WHEEL PROTECTION (3 Year Contract)- Full Repair or Replacement Cost for all four (4) OEM or aftermarket tires and wheels, or Full Replacement Value (at current retail market value) for all four (4) tires and wheels where tires/wheels are no longer available. Includes cost of mounting, balancing and stems. • Up to $7,500 maximum reimbursement amount during term of plan • Includes replacement of tire pressure sensor gauge • $100 “Sign-And-Go” Towing and Roadside Assistance • $0 Deductible per repair visit • 24 Hour Service Provided by Agero, Inc. 1-800-521-2779 I look forward to hearing from you with your choice. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we launch this exciting new vehicle. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billy, You should have paperwork about your coverage that was mailed
to you. Check your files you have saved .

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Billy, You should have paperwork about your coverage that was mailed
to you. Check your files you have saved .
Yeah I checked last night and didn't have anything. I reached out to Jeepcares and they got me a number to call, they are sending my info via snail mail.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I got no extra warranty because of my long wait. :asshat:

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Hello,

New to the JL family..well soon to be anyway, I Just ordered a 2019 2 door Rubi. My dealership said they will be sending me updates as its being built. I do have a VIN but that's about it.

How do you know a wrangler birthday from the build? at what stage in the build is it born? just wondering.

I currently have a 2013 2 door Sport S and before that I had a 2008 2 door Sahara. Guess i have had the whole family model wise lol This Rubi is a HUGE upgrade for me and I cant express my excitement.

These forums are great and I have been using JK forums for a while. I'm happy to have a new forum to explore now.
:)
Lisa

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hey Lisa welcome aboard. I consider my delivery day as the birthday but that may just be me.

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the Dynomax muffler delete pipe from Quadratec. They price matched Summit for 89 bucks instead of their 99 bucks. It is on back order but I can wait. They also had free shipping and no taxes
Just ordered and got the price match, but paying sales tax. They told me the tax thing just happened in the last week.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Just ordered and got the price match, but paying sales tax. They told me the tax thing just happened in the last week.
That is funny, I just ordered mine yesterday tax free and free shipping. Summit collects the tax even though they don't have a store in Massachusetts cause "they are a leader in the industry".

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Pipe and oil filters

Screenshot_20190524-111003_Gmail.jpg

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

New to the JL family..well soon to be anyway, I Just ordered a 2019 2 door Rubi. My dealership said they will be sending me updates as its being built. I do have a VIN but that's about it.

How do you know a wrangler birthday from the build? at what stage in the build is it born? just wondering.

I currently have a 2013 2 door Sport S and before that I had a 2008 2 door Sahara. Guess i have had the whole family model wise lol This Rubi is a HUGE upgrade for me and I cant express my excitement.

These forums are great and I have been using JK forums for a while. I'm happy to have a new forum to explore now.
:)
Lisa
Hi Lisa and welcome. On the door of your Jeep you will see the build date as well as MDH (month, day, hour. Mine went into framing at 2AM on May 16, 2019 and was released to inspection (KZ) at 7:30AM the 17th. I only know all the details as I received updates from someone in the plant.
I picked up a week later at the dealer.
So I guess you may have a range to go by. Good luck, be sure to keep us updated and don't forget to post pics when the big day comes!

20190524_111056[1].jpg

20190524_111117[1].jpg

IMG_20181109_125406589.jpg

Last edited:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is funny, I just ordered mine yesterday tax free and free shipping. Summit collects the tax even though they don't have a store in Massachusetts cause "they are a leader in the industry".
Maybe it depends for now who takes the order? I will be out the door for $97.19. No complaints.He did say they expect a mud June ship date.
Sponsored