Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So my install is stalled:
What is this?

A45B4FB8-697E-4BF0-89C2-DFEF26645BC6.jpeg
I believe it’s for the passenger side rear. Looks like it replaces the rivnuts. Will slide in the frame hole and you’ll thread the three bolts thru the frame plate and into that.

The drivers side front has one too but I think it’s different. I’d have to look at my brackets. Been a few months.

Brett

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s correct. If you are done, more than likely means you used the rivnuts. These were/are an alternative to using those. I heard stories of rivnuts so I opted out and used that bracket instead.

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I believe it’s for the passenger side rear. Looks like it replaces the rivnuts. Will slide in the frame hole and you’ll thread the three bolts thru the frame plate and into that.

The drivers side front has one too but I think it’s different. I’d have to look at my brackets. Been a few months.

Brett
That makes sense, was not in the instructions. So I’m missing the other flag nuts.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
That makes sense, was not in the instructions. So I’m missing the other flag nuts.
Send a pic of all the hardware. I’ll see if I can make it out

Brett

gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My frame mounted ROAMs arrive tomorrow...I'm a little confused on a couple of things before I start.

1) Is a floor jack needed? Other ROAM thread says no...but the in depth installation guide thread here that it is...that you need to support the crossmember before installing the passenger side front bracket. Confused on this one - looking for help/guidance.

2) Driver side aft...it appears that I won't have to use Rivnuts now...that ROAM provides another bracket for use there. Any confirmation out there from recent install. Rivnuts made to look easy by the guide, but I have yet to see/hear anyone hear say they aren't a huge pain.

3) If I decide on simple light hook up - so not trying to wire to activate with doors (even though that is cool - just looks like a lot of work)- is that easy? Curious how these are put together with rails - if I don't use them at first, do they tuck away or something.

Looking to for as many answers as I can put together in advance so install goes quick. Thanks.

Last edited:

1jlu2

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
@ROAM received my order but did not get the new flagnuts for the rear mounts only the rivnuts and rivnut tool. Order number is ROAM-1307.

Any chance I could have them sent out asap? Was in a bind mid-install and had to put the rails on with 6 of the 8 mounts (missing the two requiring the rivnuts) and need to get the other two on asap! Thanks!!

Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
@ROAM received my order but did not get the new flagnuts for the rear mounts only the rivnuts and rivnut tool. Order number is ROAM-1307.

Any chance I could have them sent out asap? Was in a bind mid-install and had to put the rails on with 6 of the 8 mounts (missing the two requiring the rivnuts) and need to get the other two on asap! Thanks!!
I received mine yesterday and thought the same, check the packing again. Mine were wadded in a ball of packing tucked in the corner, almost chucked it in recycling.

1jlu2

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I received mine yesterday and thought the same, check the packing again. Mine were wadded in a ball of packing tucked in the corner, almost chucked it in recycling.
Hmmm, was pretty sure I emptied the box out but I guess it’s possible I missed it. Went through unwrapped and placed everything out by assembly like they did here. Sucks though because everything has been picked up now in recycling. :-(

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My frame mounted ROAMs arrive tomorrow...I'm a little confused on a couple of things before I start.

1) Is a floor jack needed? Other ROAM thread says no...but the in depth installation guide thread here that it is...that you need to support the crossmember before installing the passenger side front bracket. Confused on this one - looking for help/guidance.

2) Driver side aft...it appears that I won't have to use Rivnuts now...that ROAM provides another bracket for use there. Any confirmation out there from recent install. Rivnuts made to look easy by the guide, but I have yet to see/hear anyone hear say they aren't a huge pain.

3) If I decide on simple light hook up - so not trying to wire to activate with doors (even though that is cool - just looks like a lot of work)- is that easy? Curious how these are put together with rails - if I don't use them at first, do they tuck away or something.

Looking to for as many answers as I can put together in advance so install goes quick. Thanks.
interested in knowing answers to these as well. especially (1).

How did you end up installing?

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
1. No, just use the jack that came with the Jeep to hold the cross bar in place and install one side at a time.

2. Rivnuts are in the past, flags are now used.

3. Lights are easy enough to install. If you are not going to use them I would probably just remove them.

Reactions: omg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
1. No, just use the jack that came with the Jeep to hold the cross bar in place and install one side at a time.

2. Rivnuts are in the past, flags are now used.

3. Lights are easy enough to install. If you are not going to use them I would probably just remove them.
thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.