Sponsored

Does the Gladiator seem just 'meh' to anyone else?

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
All this hype about the Gladiator....even i was interested in seeing it. My wife and i were in the market and at no time did we even consider it. Even the modded out ones dont look that cool to me.....does not appeal at all. I have a bunch of Jeep buddies that are drooling over it, but i feel like i need to be "sold". I'm not really against it, but i'm not for it by any means. I'll take my JL any day. Can anyone turn my opinion around or does anyone feel the same? Just feel that it should've stayed an FCA concept! :punch:
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
All this hype about the Gladiator....even i was interested in seeing it. My wife and i were in the market and at no time did we even consider it. Even the modded out ones dont look that cool to me.....does not appeal at all. I have a bunch of Jeep buddies that are drooling over it, but i feel like i need to be "sold". I'm not really against it, but i'm not for it by any means. I'll take my JL any day. Can anyone turn my opinion around or does anyone feel the same? Just feel that it should've stayed an FCA concept! :punch:
We test drove dro over the weekend and was not impressed. It was the overland package. Not great for off roading. For the price, you can buy a lot more truck for doing truck stuff.

You can buy a Ford F250 4d crew cab 4x4 for 8000 less and have a real truck for real truck stuff.

• Body Style: 4D Crew Cab
  • Model Code: W2B
  • Engine: 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine
  • Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
  • Drive Type: 4WD
  • Ext. Color: Silver Spruce
  • Int. Color: Medium Light Camel
  • VIN #: 1FT7W2B67KEE72678
  • Stock #: 19600
Final Price:$45,254

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I seriously considered the JT, but ended up going with a JL for many reasons, one of which is that I just don't think the JT looks very good. With the top and doors removed it looks like a utility golf cart to me. Add to that the extra length (tougher to garage), the storage being outside the cab (weather prone), and that it doesn't come in Mojito it wasn't a tough decision for me to make ;)

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It looks goofy IMO...but to each their own.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the "looks". Not quite a Jeep, but not quite a truck....it's in the middle....and not a good middle. In situations like that, i think of this :giggle:
upload_2019-5-17_8-34-34.png

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I have trouble looking at it...my eyes get lost trying to find the end of it.
It isn't a wrangler, but it is trying to be a Wrangler with a bed.
But I also do not need a pickup, nor do I like them.
It just looks like a long assssssss JLU with a bed.

It should have been it's own design, just seems lazy to me to throw a bed on a JLU and call it a Gladiator.
It isn't original.

2dr wrangler...still the sexiest jeep.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
While killing time at the dealership this AM waiting during service I wandered the lot a bit. They had one Gladiator only (not rubicon) and I checked it out a bit. Same interior as all the rest of the pack except it did have the aux power switches. I’m not a fan of this Jeep since the back just seems too short in proportion to the rest of the vehicle.
There was some crazy Ram pickup that was amazing sitting in the showroom. Every creature feature in the world and beautiful interior stitching ...I think it was a longhorn version. At 70K I guess it should have everything. I noticed how solid the doors felt compared to the Gladiator that had doors like tin cans.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator look is a bit polarizing... seems most people either love it or hate it. I really like the idea of the Gladiator but have yet to warm up to the finished product. Maybe it's a self-defense mechanism since there's no way I'm trading in my JL. I really like the look from the front and front quarter views. But when the back end comes in view my feelings fade away into thinking that something just looks off.

All that being said if one landed in my driveway in full Rubicon dress I'd probably change my tune pretty darn quick. It's a unique vehicle that brings something different to the mid-size truck segment. I hope it does well!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I love it, but I am also a HUGE El-Camino fan..
There's a certain nostalgia factor to it, but I can't see trying to fit it in the garage.

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't stand the look of it. It really bothers me because it looks like a stretched out JLU. I keep trying to change my opinion but it's just not for me.

Sponsored

XJ253

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ
It's just an overpriced JLU with a bed and a goofy wheelbase; they didn't even change the interior. I'd rather have an old Comanche or FSJ to build on. You'll see more of these things in Home Depot parking lots than you will on the trails. Fiat's really catering to the faux-wheelers more than the four-wheelers these days.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not to me. I'd love to have one, but wouldn't trade the JL. I'd like to have it along with the JL. I certainly would trade my JK for one, though.

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
This looks better in my opinion....

FD49C240-CD7D-46C8-9912-C1D90B9B8ABC.jpeg
To each their own. Personally, I look at this, and I am waiting for the Clown, a few sheep and a border collie with a monkey strapped to its back to jump out. Just not digging it.
Sponsored