Sponsored

And this is why we can’t have nice things...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
UKCATS

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
It doesn't take much of a psychic to know that this type of event would be full of Broskis turning it into some type of frat party... :facepalm:
Exactly why I haven’t/never will attend. I like to relax in my down time. I’m getting old and boring.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's the shallow end of the gene pool right there.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I haven’t/never will attend. I like to relax in my down time. I’m getting old and boring.
heh, I'd be all about a group trail ride. That means the flatbills in their low profile tire (somehow still a mud terrain) perfectly clean fratmobiles won't be there to call you a mall crawler... Mine gets dirty, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UKCATS

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
heh, I'd be all about a group trail ride. That means the flatbills in their low profile tire (somehow still a mud terrain) perfectly clean fratmobiles won't be there to call you a mall crawler... Mine gets dirty, lol.
I’ve grown to like running in small groups, or just me and the wife. Much more enjoyable.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve grown to like running in small groups, or just me and the wife. Much more enjoyable.
Same, one of the local forum members has done a short local trail with me. Fun times, no judgement he's happy to have someone along.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
HERP DERP
Never been, never will, never wanted too go to a jeep beach party.
I would rather hit a trail with 5-10 cool chill people that aren't dumber than a box of dildos.
weekend camping off road trip yes

Not even when I was younger would I have hung out with anyone there.
When I was 25 I went to a pine barrens party with a girl I was dating...worst weekend ever, the amount of stupidity was just boggling, fights, some guy caught himself on fire, people breaking their jeeps/trucks...just jackassery everywhere you looked

Yes...I do not like most people...gimme a few friends, my kids, a dog and a roof top tent or a pop up camper and leave me in peace.
ohh and some fishing poles.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering it that would end up on here.... lol. It was also prom and graduation weekend. 5 groups here...1 weekend....yeah it was crazy. ESP with people that are stupid and can’t handle their alcohol. :headbang:

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
It was the Jeepers/mixed with the rednex with paychex group. Rednex events are very wild/dangerous.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
It was the Jeepers/mixed with the rednex with paychex group. Rednex events are very wild/dangerous.
Yeah, while I know not everyone in that group is responsible ...that group does have a rep of bad things happening at their events. And their event was a true go-topless event for people. :surprised: Definitely see some things you wish you could unsee. Nothing different than a spring break really.

a lot of what ended up being recorded was the teenage drinking and dancing on trucks, girls with prom 2019 painted on their ass—but showing as “Jeep go topless”.
Just wish they’d stop calling it a Jeep event. :facepalm:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Nah, you're smart. I've been the "boring" person my whole life and it's much more enjoyable/relaxing.

Hey they can call mine a mall crawler all they want. Don't care. Can it, and will it go off road? Yes, but I really don't care if somebody wants to think their Jeep is superior to mine. Heck they may be right, and if so good for them. My Jeep has never been to a mall (I don't think there are any around here anymore), but it's certainly spent most of it's life on pavement, so call it what you will. I don't know why people get so offended by someone calling their Jeep a mall crawler. So what if it is? I guess you can climb over any curb you want.

....I do not like most people...gimme a few friends, my kids, a dog and a roof top tent or a pop up camper and leave me in peace.
ohh and some fishing poles.
Now that sounds about right. Hunt, fish, hike and camp with my family, dogs and maybe a friend or two. I hate crowds, and have no interest in spending a weekend surrounded by them.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey they can call mine a mall crawler all they want. Don't care. Can it, and will it go off road? Yes, but I really don't care if somebody wants to think their Jeep is superior to mine. Heck they may be right, and if so good for them. My Jeep has never been to a mall (I don't think there are any around here anymore), but it's certainly spent most of it's life on pavement, so call it what you will. I don't know why people get so offended by someone calling their Jeep a mall crawler. So what if it is? I guess you can climb over any curb you want.
Mainly pointing out the hypocrisy of the term. The people that use it the most are the ones that off-road the least. :)

Its a daily driver, I get good mileage, Don't really go to the mall but I'm in town all the time... But every once in a while...

img_1452-jpg.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah, I hear you Sean. Didn't mean to imply you were offended by people calling it a mall crawler. Just that a lot of the fights at events like that tend to start from one meathead telling the other meathead his Jeep is a mall crawler. Things escalate and they're physically fighting to prove who's manlier. :headbang:

Great photo by the way. That's exactly the kind of off-road mine sees. No giant mud holes, not rocks to climb over. Nothing extreme, but it's peaceful. I love the mountains.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I hear you Sean. Didn't mean to imply you were offended by people calling it a mall crawler. Just that a lot of the fights at events like that tend to start from one meathead telling the other meathead his Jeep is a mall crawler. Things escalate and they're physically fighting to prove who's manlier. :headbang:

Great photo by the way. That's exactly the kind of off-road mine sees. No giant mud holes, not rocks to climb over. Nothing extreme, but it's peaceful. I love the mountains.
lol, its perfect terrain for what I've got and just a short drive away from the house. Went there with another forum member and it was fun seeing what his rig can do. Just floats over stuff with the big tires.
Sponsored