Not open for further replies.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What's the real deal with the RF hub? The dealer says they are OTP and that I would have to buy a new one to support this feature and they can do everything else after I put the hardware in (even add the sales code). How do I a new one that supports what I want? Is this a dealer thing?
The rf hub is just a module, not sure what OTP is but all they do is hook up the computer and flash the module through the bcm

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
What part of fl? Maybe we can go in half’s on the auto enginuity
Maybe, I also thought if you go to work for a dealer you might look into how to flash the module to enable it. I'm curious to hear what autoenginuity says though.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well the dealer didn’t hire me I now work at ford which doesn’t help and the guy with the auto enginuity hasn’t gotten back to me yet, also there is no update yet for the jl on my Alfa obd I’ve tried to contact them with no luck. I have also went to the local dealer and looked at the sales codes that could be added and proximity wasn’t one of them which didn’t surprise me so looks like a phone call to FCA is my next option

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

Sponsored

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yea I’m not sure how he connected to his jl, I have 2 and have the up to date software from them and the option for jl is not there just jk again ive tried to contact the developer with no success I’m going to reach out again, he may have seen generic options but I’ve talked to the developer of the security bypass and he said he hasn’t built any and is asking for dimensions which I haven’t had time to measure yet so not sure how he accomplished this

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
My parts are still on backorder at the dealer. Waiting for the door handles and harnesses.
Pretty much nothing to report in regard to having the firmware flashed.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My parts are still on backorder at the dealer. Waiting for the door handles and harnesses.
Pretty much nothing to report in regard to having the firmware flashed.
Have you contacted FCA about it yet or are you waiting on dealer

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Have you contacted FCA about it yet or are you waiting on dealer
I actually did contact FCA, but it’s impossible to get past tier 1 support. Not sure how to reach an engineer, or someone outside of call-center knowledge base.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
Could this be done to the driver's door only? That's the door I use 99% of the time. This would reduce the cost big time.
The other 1% you climb over the roof? Lol/

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I actually did contact FCA, but it’s impossible to get past tier 1 support. Not sure how to reach an engineer, or someone outside of call-center knowledge base.
Just called FCA and talked to I’m guessing a tier 1 person he asked me why I wanted and I told him I needed to speak to an engineer or someone who could add sales code GXD he said wow yea I can’t help you so he escalated my start ticket and that I have premium care and that they have to contact me within 1 business day so I’ll update you prolly Monday is when I’ll get a call

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Assuming you get through to a real engineer, ask if a single handle is sufficient for the activation.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Assuming you get through to a real engineer, ask if a single handle is sufficient for the activation.
Will do I had an after market kit on my ram and at first only one antenna was connected for the push button start so it may be possible through aftermarket not sure about factory since I’m pretty sure it’s almost like a big circuit but I mean worse comes to worse you have to purchase the other two at a later date it’s worth it to me since I open the door for my wife or when I have my hands mostly full and want to get in the tailgate it would also be helpful
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.