Sponsored

Great Jeep JL Video Review by saveagegeese (honest opinions)

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
SavageGeese is by far the best youtube reviewer. He actually throws them on a lift and goes over their suspension manufacturing, etc. Way more in depth than most.

I was actually shocked that he liked the JL so much. He's way more of a tuner guy.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
SavageGeese is by far the best youtube reviewer. He actually throws them on a lift and goes over their suspension manufacturing, etc. Way more in depth than most.

I was actually shocked that he liked the JL so much. He's way more of a tuner guy.
100% agree that he's the best youtube reviewer out there (though I also don't think that says a whole lot). he's authentic, no BS, and actually knows what he's talking about.

I, too, was a little surprised by how much he liked the JL. not because the JL isn't an outstanding vehicle in so many respects, but because it doesn't fit as well with his interests in cars (he's more into sporty cars, and the JL is anything but that with its solid axles). I have to agree with him though that the sense of connectedness to the environment for the driver is a big appeal to the JL. I'm a big sports car enthusiast and track guy, but I also love my JL. not a whole lot in between interests me.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
SavageGeese is by far the best youtube reviewer. He actually throws them on a lift and goes over their suspension manufacturing, etc. Way more in depth than most. ...
He's far better than the vast majority of what passes for professional reviewers by most auto outlets.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
This is a great review. It might help people who are looking at Jeeps for the first time. He says the Wrangler has lots of “flaws” compared to standard SUVs (noise, handling, mpg) but those characteristics are what makes it a Jeep and that’s while people love them. I wish more people would understand that going in.

Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This was a good review. I totally agree about the initial stiffness of the soft top in cooler weather, but it's a breeze now to remove/install the windows.
The ESS works great with the manual. By the time I've pushed the clutch, the engine is ready to go as I put it in gear.
With almost 4K on the odometer, I'm averaging 17 mpg with hilly, city driving. And the few times I've taken the JLUR on the interstate, I had no problem making calls with the premium soft top on, all be it the volume was up a good bit. And the Alpine/8.4-in. touch screen is a real treat, especially with the satellite radio and channel select and volume control on the back of the steering wheel.
The only mods so far are Mopar grab handles. It's like jumping out of a swing from the driver's seat. I'll likely add a winch for my steel bumper package. I don't think I'll need any forward-facing light bars with this LED package. I've never had this kind of nighttime visibility before.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The high resolution cinematography, the aerial shots, the copy, and how the reviewer makes it seem like he's just simply talking--the potions that made the cutting room floor because they didn't make the grade....

you know, I went into this post thinking, "okay, slow day at the forum so this is what they're featuring," and left saying, "wow, from one perfectionist to another, I wish more Youtubers strived for this level of production quality, accuracy, objectivity, and professionalism."

Because it's so well done the viewer could forget how much work goes into something like this. This video is polish AND substance. Proof. Look at places like 5:50 into the video. You think that entire talk of the 1st half happened in the front seat. It probably didn't. It happened in a recording booth and when the narrator talked from the front seat it was likely dubbed.

The final cudos, for both the video and FCA show the work that happened in design where the rubber hits the road, and how with such integrated systems, how changing one thing required FCA to adjust "5 more."

Last edited:

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
That Sahara is a carbon copy of mine! Tan Seats, ACC, the works!

(It's great!)

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Good reviewer, except off road stuff was nothing you'd need a Rubicon for! A bare Sport with good tires could do any of that stuff!!

Whatever!

Go Jeep !!!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm surprised he had so much trouble getting into the jeeps cargo area and had to remove the back window--

Not required !

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored