Ignorant dealer of the day award...

OP
OP

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
It’s ok. Remember the service “advisors” sit on their butt all day and they only touch the car to open the door and record the mileage. Techs do all the work and they’re actually pretty good. I stroll past the no customers allowed sign to bs with them while they work. Agree that change oil myself no big deal but rotating tires a PITA.
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Took my JLU into King’s CDJ in Cincinnati for free oil change and rotation. Service advisor says what can I do for you? I say wanted get oil change and tire rotation. He squints at my Jeep (10 feet away) and says that a JL? I say yeah. He says you buy it here? I say nope (their idea of a good deal is MSRP) and leave it at that. He says that a gas or a diesel? I say 3.6 gas they don’t make a diesel yet. He says yes they do we’ve sold a bunch of them! I said no you haven’t. This is the same dealership who last time I went there said Jeep specifies straight front to rear rotation on the Wrangler tires!
I feel your pain. If I have but one squabble with you it's that (in jest) a post title of Ignorant Dealer of the Day lacks the appropriate time length frequency (a day) required.

Perhaps "Ignorant Dealer of the Half Hour" better reflects the frequency with which this occurs on average.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Aww man I hate to hear this about them. I have one more Jeep Wave oil change/tire rotation left and I have used King’s CDJ for 2 of the 3 as they’re closer for me than Jake Sweeney.

OP
OP

Halfdoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler
Aww man I hate to hear this about them. I have one more Jeep Wave oil change/tire rotation left and I have used King’s CDJ for 2 of the 3 as they’re closer for me than Jake Sweeney.
Again, the techs there are fine. Ignore the advisors.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Haha my experience with Sweeney sales was horrible! They don't like to honor their internet prices :angry:

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Again, the techs there are fine. Ignore the advisors.
Haha - yeah, I don't expect much from the advisor I usually talk to (almost always the same guy, he can take my mileage like a pro but not sure much else), but the few service guys I've talked to are pretty cool and competent!

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I have a weird noise Im trying to get checked out when I remove the drain plugs. I tell the service department "drain plugs are removed so you can hear clicking noise from outside"

They type that in word for word in their app/software.

When I received it back, all other problems were taken care but the solution to the clicking noise was:

"Customer had drain holes unplugged introducing noise into cabin. Found plugs on floor and applied. Noise gone"

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have a weird noise Im trying to get checked out when I remove the drain plugs. I tell the service department "drain plugs are removed so you can hear clicking noise from outside"

They type that in word for word in their app/software.

When I received it back, all other problems were taken care but the solution to the clicking noise was:

"Customer had drain holes unplugged introducing noise into cabin. Found plugs on floor and applied. Noise gone"
Oh boy. That’s a winner right there.

Sponsored

WilliamstownLakeDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Porsche Macan & 2018 Punk'n JL Sahara
I got this shit from one of the King’s salesmen. He was trying to get me to pay an absurd fee for factory ordering.

3BD1649D-49A4-41BC-86D5-EC909A4D556B.jpeg

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Took my JLU into King’s CDJ in Cincinnati for free oil change and rotation. Service advisor says what can I do for you? I say wanted get oil change and tire rotation. He squints at my Jeep (10 feet away) and says that a JL? I say yeah. He says you buy it here? I say nope (their idea of a good deal is MSRP) and leave it at that. He says that a gas or a diesel? I say 3.6 gas they don’t make a diesel yet. He says yes they do we’ve sold a bunch of them! I said no you haven’t. This is the same dealership who last time I went there said Jeep specifies straight front to rear rotation on the Wrangler tires!
Service Advisor is smoking some bad shit for sure but no different then the Dealership in my area Lady salesperson told me the red Sport sitting right over there with a 2.5 lift kit and 37's is the same as a Rubicon LMFAO I won't name the Dealership just look at my info where I live !

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Personally I wouldn't recommend Dave Dennis either !

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I got this shit from one of the King’s salesmen. He was trying to get me to pay an absurd fee for factory ordering.

3BD1649D-49A4-41BC-86D5-EC909A4D556B.jpeg
:CWL: did that make you feel bad and be like "well shit I better go make sure his family eats"?