Nox69

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 4DR
Sup folks!

I tried to find my answer by myself before create a topic but i don't see anything specifics,

I would like to change the suspension of my JL Unlimited Rubicon, i'm looking at AEV, Teraflex, Fabtech and now i read some good things with MetalCloack, with like 2.5" to 3" lift, here in Quebec the legal onroad it's 3" lifts... Sad thing!

I'm doing mainly high-road and rock climbing so i want a good drive feeling on highway and a ready to go rock climbing, with great performance, i have around a 1k6 to 2k2 budgets, but if missing some hundreds to get something great, i can add, and i don't want to change the suspension 2 years after cause the shock had a problem and bla bla bla, i want something reliable!

Let me know your feedback :)

Thanks!
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Take a look at Rancho. Really good quality products and they stand behind them. They also are widely available in Canada.

They offer a JLUR 2.5" lift kit with all you need; and if budget allows also pickup their front/rear track bars and you will be set and very very happy.

OP
OP

Nox69

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 4DR
I will take a look at Rancho then, i didn't hear much about them, thank you oceanblue2019

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Are they going off nominal or actual lift? And if the latter how would they know "before" height?

There's a good chance some 2.5" lifts will give you more than that - perhaps something to consider if you risk making your vehicle "illegal"

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I’m going Rancho myself because that is the only decent suspension that is actually affordable.

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Rancho kits are an excellent choice. We lift a lot of JL's and have used quite a few kits... The other kit that we like a lot is the Teraflex ST2 with Falcon shocks. We started off using the Mopar kits but too many issues with the front springs. If someone still wants the Mopar kit, we use the RK spring pads...

OP
OP

Nox69

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 4DR
Are they going off nominal or actual lift? And if the latter how would they know "before" height?

There's a good chance some 2.5" lifts will give you more than that - perhaps something to consider if you risk making your vehicle "illegal"
Actually they don't look at that that much, except if you doing stupid things on the road probably sure they will look further in the modifications, my JK was out the limit and i didnt had any problem with them :)

Thanks folks, i will look in Rancho or Teraflex with falcons too!

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I like the Mopar 2 inch lift, it’s been trouble free for me on my Rubicon. Great on road and off-road.

porkchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR / Billet / Teraflex ST2 / Icon Shocks
There’s also Ikon Vehicle Dynamics, Metalcloak, Dynatrac and Maximus-3.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I run the Rancho 2 in sport lift on my JLUR. I also use the Rancho 9000 series adjustable shocks. The ride is smooth and it flexes well. I have zero complaints. The install instructions were also great. I am running 37 in tires also.
20190408_114016.jpg
20190308_182233.jpg

Sponsored

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Winornz what wheels are those? They look good on your ride.