Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I don't see any reason to add anything as we've never had an issue with any of our tag kits scratching the paint, but I don't see it causing any issues if you decide to install some.
Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I completed the install but my back up sensors are now not working? Did I miss a step?

Thanks

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Give us a call to discuss your install. 334-219-2333

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Any issue or any reason not to add felt between this and the tailgate in order to prevent scratching etc.?
Isn't the outer skin of the tail gate aluminum? If so, minor scratching, if any at all, won't rust the tail gate. If Motobilt plate is removed, it would be covered by another tail gate plate/tire carries, etc; and you could always use a little touch up paint.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
We appreciate all the orders!

Sponsored

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Any plans to allow for the removal of the M for maybe a custom shape? Id pay a few extra bucks for a Punisher skull there.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Any plans to allow for the removal of the M for maybe a custom shape? Id pay a few extra bucks for a Punisher skull there.
We are a production based manufacturer much like an assembly line, so we are not able to make one off kits. We appreciate your interest though. in our products.
Sincerely,
Motobilt

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Are good friends at ORO just came out with installation instructions for the third brake light and tag light kit that we sell with our tag delete kit.
Check it out by clicking here!
https://www.motobilt.com/sites/default/files/LitePLATE-wiring-for-Wrangler-JL.pdf
Hey guys, I just got around to wiring mine up and wanted to let you know there is a significant typo in the instructions. The wire color summary at the end of the doc is wrong...the red wire goes to the tailgate bundle and the green wire goes to the taillight connector. I had to rerun and rewire the connections. The wire colors in the step by step instructions are correct however.

Cheers.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey guys, I just got around to wiring mine up and wanted to let you know there is a significant typo in the instructions. The wire color summary at the end of the doc is wrong...the red wire goes to the tailgate bundle and the green wire goes to the taillight connector. I had to rerun and rewire the connections. The wire colors in the step by step instructions are correct however.

Cheers.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
This should be to corrected setup
https://www.motobilt.com/sites/default/files/LitePLATE wiring for Wrangler JL .pdf

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Could this be why my backup sensors are not working? Also any updates or options to get the camera pointed down at the proper angle?
This should not affect your backup sensors at all. You might be able to shim the camera a bit to help correct but not sure. They would need to increase the angle downward on the mounting plate for it to be truly fixed

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This should not affect your backup sensors at all. You might be able to shim the camera a bit to help correct but not sure. They would need to increase the angle downward on the mounting plate for it to be truly fixed
The angle of the mount is different then the factory setup slightly so that it will line up properly. The back up sensors should not be affected by the tag/camera mount.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks again for all of the orders!
Sponsored