Sponsored

I too forgot to turn off the engine.....

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You should never leave a pet unattended in any vehicle. It's just not right in my opinion.
Well that’s the thing about opinions, everyone has one. Doesn’t make yours any better or more informed than anyone who leaves their car running with their dog in it.
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to hear more about your reasoning for this because I can't think of why someone would have that opinion. I'm not going to debate you, but I just wonder if there is something I hadn't thought of aside from assholes stealing your dog or the like.
C'mon... haven't you seen Turner and Hooch???

turner00043.jpg

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yeah... I wonder if that comes as a feature on every Tesla or if you check a box as pet owner when ordering a Tesla! Cool indeed.

I texted that pic to a neighbor, who has two Tesla’s and he replied....”yeah... dawg”... :)
That Tesla Dog Mode feature was rolled out a few months ago in a over the air software update. I have a Model 3 Long Range I bought last summer and since then Tesla has rolled out numerous updates like Dog Mode and Sentry Mode. The car’s UI has changed a bit since with the cameras detecting what kind of vehicles surround the car (sedans, SuV’s, Trucks etc) on the UI when before it just displayed a single generic vehicle.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
That screen is a great idea, but won't save you in California. They passed a law giving immunity to anyone who damages a car with a pet inside as long as the attacker "believes" the pet is in danger. Now you have a bunch of elderly Rambo grandma's cruising parking lots with baseball bats in the cities just looking for a reason to break your windows because leaving a pet in an air conditioned running vehicle for 5 minutes is "cruelty". Bake your kids all you want, we know how these freaks feel about children anyway.

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
So in California you can have an abortion in your third trimester but you can not leave a pet in a running car with your A/C running for 5 minutes? Damn! I do it every now and then when I drive my wife's car to Publix, I just tell my little rescue dog Luna, that if an old lady with a bat starts screaming and tries to hit the windows, she can feel free to get behind the wheel and run that crazy old bitch over :)

Luna.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
7DE47348-2E9E-458E-AA3E-E050D94D6D2A.png
You should never leave a pet unattended in any vehicle. It's just not right in my opinion.

If I never left a pet unattended in a vehicle, these two wouldn’t get to go anywhere. They wouldn’t like that. Neither would I.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
That screen is a great idea, but won't save you in California. They passed a law giving immunity to anyone who damages a car with a pet inside as long as the attacker "believes" the pet is in danger. Now you have a bunch of elderly Rambo grandma's cruising parking lots with baseball bats in the cities just looking for a reason to break your windows because leaving a pet in an air conditioned running vehicle for 5 minutes is "cruelty". Bake your kids all you want, we know how these freaks feel about children anyway.
So in California you can have an abortion in your third trimester but you can not leave a pet in a running car with your A/C running for 5 minutes? Damn! I do it every now and then when I drive my wife's car to Publix, I just tell my little rescue dog Luna, that if an old lady with a bat starts screaming and tries to hit the windows, she can feel free to get behind the wheel and run that crazy old bitch over :)
Yup. Surprised? I'm not, this place is disgusting.

Wow, didnt realize we had some good ol' fashion conservatives here with proper reasoning!

I love my pups but in this crazy environment I have to stick to the rules. Otherwise ill get my windows smashed, sent to jail, fined, etc etc etc

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
They look shocked to even hear it.
They always look like that. They’re alert. Prolly just a squirrel or kittycat in the front yard. Or an old man with a walker and an oxygen tank out for a laborious stroll. They hate those guys, for some reason.

Sponsored

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
My dog only barks at my neighbor when he's wearing his white thong....
Bruce.jpg

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My problem is I have a Tesla Model S and when I park I push the park button and get out nothing to turn off, so when I park the jeep I put in park not thinking to push the button to turn off. My wife is always reminding me. I drive the Tesla about a 4-1 ration over the Wrangler so it is a hard habit to break. For gas vehicles I prefer a keyed ignition.
I almost drove a friends Benz into her garage door because I was so used to my other car having autopark and hers didnt.. I don't know what I'll do if I ever encounter headlights that don't turn on automatically again. Probably call Uber.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Always taken my dog (different dogs over the years) in my vehicles, and if I leave the dog in the vehicle it's only in comfortable temps w/ windows cracked for shorter periods of time. If by chance I need to take more time away from dog I do come back to check on them regularly.

Never been a problem for 35 years :)
Sponsored