What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Painted my calipers with the Eastwood kit.
Next install will be a sunshade.
Thx,
Andy

31ED2B03-FEB3-4814-9A49-F2BF07F3DFC4.jpeg

FBB2B42F-D986-4C5F-86FF-43C81766C69E.jpeg
Nice! Did you paint them with the calipers still on and installed on the rotor?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
My last post here for a little while, and it's small.

Got a Warn polished hawse to replace the painted black one that came with my winch. Much happier with it since my Artec winch plate came with an aluminum fairlead plate. I'm not one to replace stuff based on colors or "accents" but this was worth $31.

20190520_154147.jpg

IMG_20190419_114546.jpg

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Dynomax muffler delete. It’s louder and has a more aggressive note. Only really notice it during acceleration, but pretty much silent at cruise. Overall it’s worth it in my opinion for the clearance alone. I will say if you’re sensitive to aftermarket sounding exhaust you won’t like it. Now I have to figure out where to relocate my trailer plug in.
Can someone explain this to me? Don't you by law have to have a muffler. I am just curious, seen this modification a lot lately and just trying to learn the legalities of it.

Thanks!

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Can someone explain this to me? Don't you by law have to have a muffler. I am just curious, seen this modification a lot lately and just trying to learn the legalities of it.

Thanks!
It depends on the State you live in. For instance, we still have a resonator upstream. That is also considered a muffler device. The turbo itself also muffles the exhaust note a bit. For all intents and purposes the Neon SRT4 was straight piped from the factory, however it had two inline resonators towards the front. It really comes down to semantics.

@MacombRoger

Drumr04

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Finally took the doors off yesterday and took a drive through the countryside to a friend's farm. Unfortunately the temps dropped into the 50s as soon as the sun went down but I did get to use the heated seats lol.
20190520_211404.jpg

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Thanks!
The way it was explained to me is that since you aren't removing the cat you're fine. As far as noise, as long as you have a resonator you're in good standing legally if anyone complained. The only other thing I would add is that prior to considering this I was looking at the rock basher from AFe and there was concern that if you lived somewhere that required smog testing, the exhaust had to 1. not be split meaning if it starts as one pipe it had to remain that way (I think meaning you couldn't bypass the cat) and 2. the exhaust had to terminate at the exterior of the vehicle for carbon monoxide concerns in addition to the technician being able to hook the equipment to the exhaust since he's not going to go crawling under the vehicle to find it. I chose this mod for all the above reasons in addition to not being obnoxiously loud and if I'm going to be using it offroad I didn't want to stick a $500 exhaust on it. It's a Jeep not a Maserati.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It depends on the State you live in. For instance, we still have a resonator upstream. That is also considered a muffler device. The turbo itself also muffles the exhaust note a bit. For all intents and purposes the Neon SRT4 was straight piped from the factory, however it had two inline resonators towards the front. It really comes down to semantics.

@MacombRoger
It comes down to what the Decibel Monitor says. Since what we hear is subjective, a number is used as a measurement. So many Decibels , at a given distance, at a certain rpm
Except for Harleys....

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
It comes down to what the Decibel Monitor says. Since what we hear is subjective, a number is used as a measurement. So many Decibels , at a given distance, at a certain rpm
It all depends on state and local laws.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Diabolical Slipstream system. I like the product a lot, however, I would have liked some JL dedicated instructions. I received instructions for a JK, a supplemental sheet for the JL subwoofer system, and used a handful of different install videos from their website. It would only take a day to go through and take pictures of JL relevant parts and provide instructions as such. Yes, together, they all got the job done... but there is a lot of room for improvement. At least I’m ready for a topless summer.:rock:

955809BE-DE5C-4DEB-8C29-C71A26932D1F.jpeg

1A9C80F3-706E-48F6-9C32-08B50878C541.jpeg

2F4AB5BB-EB1D-4637-9F78-14402C039A67.jpeg